Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ban crazy ZOS. My Brief time with ESO.

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    You cant make 1 mil gold in 2 months in this game its impossible.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Well I will correct myself here.  It would take 5 characters on 1 account do pull in that kind of gold.  You can only farm for 1 maybe 2 hours then you have to wait for nodes to reset so I don't see how your logic is proper.  I have had many guild members farm all day for nirn and turn out empty handed more then once.
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    filmoret said:
    Not really you just have to be a no lifer like me :proud: 
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    i never believe the people that make these kind of threads unless there are multiple people having same issue. if its just one person crying about being banned and claiming they are innocent, they are FOS every time.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    filmoret said:
    I was suspicious of that at first too but the upper Craglorn Nincrux farming routes can get you there... IF you have the patience for running that mind-numbing circuit for a long time and IF there are not others doing it at the same time - it's a well-known mats farming area and very competitive too. The node respawn time is not an issue because you're travelling from node to node and you get to know where they will spawn.

I have done it only for my own Nincrux needs for researching and crafting. But like I said, I'm a crafting mats hoarder 'cause you just never know when you might need them :) I only have about 500K gold in my main account after almost 2 years but I probably also have a couple of million worth of mats stored away.

Still... one month for 1 million is a very ambitious and lucky dedication to farming mats almost exclusively.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Iselin said:
    filmoret said:
    I was suspicious of that at first too but the upper Craglorn Nincrux farming routes can get you there... IF you have the patience for running that mind-numbing circuit for a long time and IF there are not others doing it at the same time - it's a well-known mats farming area and very competitive too. The node respawn time is not an issue because you're travelling from node to node and you get to know where they will spawn.

I have done it only for my own Nincrux needs for researching and crafting. But like I said, I'm a crafting mats hoarder 'cause you just never know when you might need them :) I only have about 500K gold in my main account after almost 2 years but I probably also have a couple of million worth of mats stored away.

Still... one month for 1 million is a very ambitious and lucky dedication to farming mats almost exclusively.
    You can get nirn in the whole of Craglorn now not just Upper Craglorn 
  • aeoliahaeoliah Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Wow chill :)  i just had to go out for sometime. I wasn't dodging any questions. And yea i did get the key from g2a, my friend from gw2 asked me to get it from g2a since it was cheaper and he still plays ESO with the key he got from g2a that too from the same seller. And all of you who are saying that you dont trust these kind of posts, please dont. I was just sharing what i went through since i put lot of time into a game and i got banned just like that. I felt like making people aware that people get banned without warning. Believing it or not is ofcourse upto you. They should have atleast sent me a mail before the ban stating the reason.
    Getting the key from g2a might be the reason i got banned but they do state that in detail when they ban that person, i searched the net quite a lot about why people get banned and i saw a completely different format of message for that kind of issue where the cd key is a stolen one but i might be wrong.
    @forgrimm no i did not get this game from playerauctions. I used the cdkey myself on my account and played the entire game from scratch. I never buy used accounts, i hate to play in paranoia.

And no i didn't start this thread to change people view on ESO, it would be stupid if you changed your views so fast after reading a random thread in the first place. In-fact i even mentioned that i loved playing this game if it wasn't for this one "game-breaking" issue that i am facing right now. Thanks you everyone for your concerns and replies and creative assumptions. I really do even if its criticism or flame or troll, its better than no reply atall. So i guess i can conclude that it was the g2a key? But i still have my doubts as i know people still playing with g2a bought keys. And i dont buy that "association with fraudulent account" bullshit. 

aeoliah said:
    Wow chill :)  i just had to go out for sometime. I wasn't dodging any questions. And yea i did get the key from g2a, my friend from gw2 asked me to get it from g2a since it was cheaper and he still plays ESO with the key he got from g2a that too from the same seller. And all of you who are saying that you dont trust these kind of posts, please dont. I was just sharing what i went through since i put lot of time into a game and i got banned just like that. I felt like making people aware that people get banned without warning. Believing it or not is ofcourse upto you. They should have atleast sent me a mail before the ban stating the reason.
    Getting the key from g2a might be the reason i got banned but they do state that in detail when they ban that person, i searched the net quite a lot about why people get banned and i saw a completely different format of message for that kind of issue where the cd key is a stolen one but i might be wrong.
    @forgrimm no i did not get this game from playerauctions. I used the cdkey myself on my account and played the entire game from scratch. I never buy used accounts, i hate to play in paranoia.

And no i didn't start this thread to change people view on ESO, it would be stupid if you changed your views so fast after reading a random thread in the first place. In-fact i even mentioned that i loved playing this game if it wasn't for this one "game-breaking" issue that i am facing right now. Thanks you everyone for your concerns and replies and creative assumptions. I really do even if its criticism or flame or troll, its better than no reply atall. So i guess i can conclude that it was the g2a key? But i still have my doubts as i know people still playing with g2a bought keys. And i dont buy that "association with fraudulent account" bullshit. 

You might want to contact G2A... they sometimes will give you a new key even if you didn't buy their insurance... worth a shot. Before you do that though, email ZOS back and ask them if it was the key you bought from G2A that was the problem. If you ask them directly you'll probably get a straight answer.

But yeah, all your work on the banned account is gone... sucks.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Agnhar said:
    Iselin said:
    filmoret said:

You can get nirn in the whole of Craglorn now not just Upper Craglorn 
    Cool. Just shows you how long it's been since I last went farming :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The OP should inquire if the ban was due to a stolen key and if so see if they could transfer anything at all over if he bought another account. And then contact G2A for a new key or refund.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    aeoliah said:
    ... So i guess i can conclude that it was the g2a key? But i still have my doubts as i know people still playing with g2a bought keys. And i dont buy that "association with fraudulent account" bullshit. 

Iirc, not all the g2a keys were banned. Many of their keys were though, and they were subsequently not on the list of "trusted" resellers provided by ZOS.

If you buy direct from g2a (not from a reseller on their site), you can pay extra for the "G2A Shield", which supposedly guarantees you a replacement key if the one you purchased is "defective" (*cough*). That replacement key would mean creating a new account though and starting from scratch.

So, you can buy a discount key from anyone you want to, but if that reseller is not on the approved list, there's a significant risk that your account may be summarily banned at some point.

I haven't played in about 3 months and I don't know if you can get a character to max level in a week now or what.  Took me 40 hours of mindnumbing grinding to get it and that's knowing how and where.  I thought the nodes were only available to be farmed once a day.  And once you got the route it only took about 2 hours at the most.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited December 2015
    na
    filmoret said:

I haven't played in about 3 months and I don't know if you can get a character to max level in a week now or what.  Took me 40 hours of mindnumbing grinding to get it and that's knowing how and where.  I thought the nodes were only available to be farmed once a day.  And once you got the route it only took about 2 hours at the most.

Nirncrux is a random drop in addition to the normal mats you get from a node. The nodes all respawn after a few minutes but nirn is subject to RNG and not all that common. One or two per hour of constant farming would be about right. But those are also high-tier mats you're farming and they sell well raw or processed... if processed you also have a shot at getting the color upgrade components when you do so.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    aeoliah said:
    And i dont buy that "association with fraudulent account" bullshit. 

Did it ever occur to you that not all their keys were bad or that it might take a while for Zenimax to find accounts with "bad keys" and you were just one of the "unlucky" ones?

I would contact them, ask if it was that g2a key and if it was offer to pay full price. done an done.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    edited December 2015
    G2A... if it sounds good to be true (the price) it probably is.

Obvious reason for ban is obvious.

Buy your games for legit prices from legit sources, support the devs that make them, support your local economy etc. don't be a cheap fuck and then complain you got what you paid for.

Common sense 101 here people. 
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    There are many stories out there about some web sites selling keys, stolen, bought by gold farming and other illegal ways... sad part is so many people have no idea this goes on, most people assume when they see ads on websites and even streamers sponsored by them they must be legit.  
     You would think something could be done to protect the consumer from this but in the end, if you do not research the site you choose to buy from, you are the one making yourself vulnerable to this. 
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Guys....
    If you're buying game keys from sites that sell "insurance" for those keys, then you aren't smart enough to be trusted with a fork.  If someone has to explain to you why this is, then someone needs to take your spoons away as well. 

Calling someone naïve is a polite way of saying they lack common sense, because common sense takes a minimum of intelligence.   Common sense would tell you not to buy game keys from a site that sells insurance for those same keys.  It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but it does take a bit of stupidity to give that company your money. 
  • aeoliahaeoliah Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Thanks guys, i will ask them about the key. It takes quite a long time for them to reply. I did send them two more appeals asking what exactly is the reason behind the ban. If it is the key, ill contact g2a, thankfully i added that g2asheild during the purchase which was just an extra one dollar.

@filmoret You can easily make 100k per day from crag alone if you "no-life" that is. That is how much? 3m in a month. There are always one or two spots where u can make a lot of gold in any mmo. In guildwars 2, i found it so hard to make gold until i found the trick or treat bag farm in bloodtide coast. I "no-lifed" there for quite a long time and made my twilight :)(i suck at flipping). But that got nerfed after HoT. In ESO, my plan was to farm farm like mad for one month, hit v16. Get my stuffs and play casually afterwards, pvping and stuff. This is exactly why i was so upset in losing my id. Since i have to do the crag farm all over again else i have to change my playstyle after getting a new id which i am not ready to. Ill stick with gw2 for now. Hoping to get a reply from ZOS regarding the serial key matter. Hope they dont shut me off completely with that first mail.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited December 2015
    I love our American society of victim blaming.  Why again do we victim blame and defend heartless corporations?

To the OP:  If you come to MMORPG forums, you will get about 10% help, 90% sass, sarcasm, and victim blaming.  Rough number, 1 out of 10 posts will probably be someone trying to help you, the rest of it, is just people trying to pick apart your post and passive aggressively dig at you and blame you.  More than likely someone will reply and pick apart my 1 in 10 number, even though i said roughly.  "Like where did you get those numbers etc".  No help no nothing, just blame.  People on MMORPG.com follow Mitt Romney's lifestyle of "Corporations are people"

The guy lost his account and people are going nuts on how he got his 1 million.  Yeah busting this guys balls on his 1 million is a sure fire way to help.  Why not try to find him a customer service number or like a reply where someone got banned but got their account back somehow.  

On the plus side, at least people typing QQ is out of fashion, now people use MEME's to be clever.  So at least no one told you "QQ".  Thats an improvement on these forums.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Aori said:
    time007 said:
    I love our American society of victim blaming.  Why again do we victim blame and defend heartless corporations?
    Because at the very least this victim is ignorant and bought a cdkey from a sketchy source.
    *golf clap*
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    time007 said:

To the OP:  If you come to MMORPG forums, you will get about 10% help, 90% sass, sarcasm, and victim blaming.  Rough number, 1 out of 10 posts will probably be someone trying to help you, the rest of it, is just people trying to pick apart your post and passive aggressively dig at you and blame you.  More than likely someone will reply and pick apart my 1 in 10 number, even though i said roughly.  "Like where did you get those numbers etc".  No help no nothing, just blame.  People on MMORPG.com follow Mitt Romney's lifestyle of "Corporations are people"

The guy lost his account and people are going nuts on how he got his 1 million.  Yeah busting this guys balls on his 1 million is a sure fire way to help.  Why not try to find him a customer service number or like a reply where someone got banned but got their account back somehow.  

On the plus side, at least people typing QQ is out of fashion, now people use MEME's to be clever.  
    I take it you were writing this as he admitted he bought it through G2A?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Association with Fraudulent account means you may have an account in another one of their games that has broken the rules or you were trading a lot with the same person who was perhaps a non legit account or had dealings with another player that has been doing illegal activities.

If you are truly innocent,then obviously you go after your money and file a complaint perhaps by phone.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    time007 said:

Are you for real ?

Which "heartless corporation" is being defended here ?

The one that sells game keys that "may not work" (wtf ?) and then sells insurance for the purchase so they can replace the key if the game company detects the fraud ?

Or the game company that bans accounts activated with fraudulently obtained keys ?

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Since you have zero idea who you are actually purchasing from on a site that hosts numerous vendors, you basically learned the hard way that anyone can open up a shop on one of these sites and sell anything.  The account is probably flagged as fraudulent because someone else tried to use the same key... or several people have.  If the key is out there being tried by more than one person, odds are, the original key has been stolen as well.  Hence the ban.  

In other words, the vendor is probably not authorized to even sell said keys... and ZOS isn't getting paid for said accounts, just the vendor... who probably stole them in the first place.