Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

H1Z1 finally an update

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
They have added a hospitol and a new female zombie and the hilarious part is the yare using the ever popular Legendary Lea to promote it.First they invited the popular streamers to a tournament to promote the game now they have Lea doing the growls for the female zombie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blw-_r3B9Uw

This is the rest of the update..
http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x3Ksn29ehk

Hospitol http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3TOdNjIwo

Personally the Hospitol doesn't do much,a place to go load up on bandages and Syringes.They got Lea involved because it is cheap advertising.They also had that other chick who won that reality show and now Lea and neither play the game anymore,both are playing Hearthstone.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    It's the most embarrassing game for SOE, I mean I've made better maps than what they came up with, I swear one person was given like 2 weeks to do it. It screams of a few friends bought Unity and made a survival clone game in a month and put it on Steam Early Access..

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    It's DBG now. ;) And yes it looks like they have 1-2 developers working on this. They want to milk as much money as they can from this while investing the bare minimum. That's probably also the reason it is still not released. Fishing for EA money.

If it were a real survival mmo I might have been interested. But in its current state it's just a battle arena (Battle Royale). Doubt it will be more anytime soon if at all.

But maybe all their developers are working on EQN. /joke
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    This game always screamed "cynical moneygrab" at me.

I don't know if it was a desperate attempt to raise revenue or a cold-and-calculated scheme to exploit circumstances. Perhaps it started as the former and ended-up as the latter. Who knows ?
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I personally don't see the attraction but it is very popular game and its making tons of money.  Its like a small scale mmorpg.  Which makes me wonder if these small scale mmorpg's are the future of the genre because they are drawing a huge audience.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    cashgrab indeed.. regret it big time that i bought this crap
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    filmoret said:
    I personally don't see the attraction but it is very popular game and its making tons of money.  Its like a small scale mmorpg.  Which makes me wonder if these small scale mmorpg's are the future of the genre because they are drawing a huge audience.

It certainly seems that way. Though there are still the stalwarts who are trying to deliver big projects - Elyria, Crowfall, Camelot, Pantheon, etc. The future is a mix of smaller scale games and ambitious projects from grass roots teams. And when VR comes to the market, I expect virtual world MMOs will be the new craze.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited December 2015
    Robokapp said:
    so when is the real release? I'm still waiting in the shadows to play this when its out...
    Real release? :wink: no such thing is anymore, Bill even had a column about it in correlation of reviews. If it's out, and they're collecting your money (either through sub or by an in-game store) then it doesn't really matter what BS their marketing dept. stamps on it ("open beta", since almost a year now, with cash shop... lol), it is released, period.
    Am I quoting it correctly, Bill? :lol:

edit: missed the "no further server reset" criteria, but I think that too applies to H1Z1. It's a fun game imo, just for the record.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    filmoret said:

It certainly seems that way. Though there are still the stalwarts who are trying to deliver big projects - Elyria, Crowfall, Camelot, Pantheon, etc. The future is a mix of smaller scale games and ambitious projects from grass roots teams. And when VR comes to the market, I expect virtual world MMOs will be the new craze.

I think VR could be the next big MMO push as well. Question is, can they get the interface right? A whole new set of controls need to be thought up. I dont think people swinging their arms every time they want to swing a sword will go over well. 
    Nanfoodle said:
    filmoret said:

I think VR could be the next big MMO push as well. Question is, can they get the interface right? A whole new set of controls need to be thought up. I dont think people swinging their arms every time they want to swing a sword will go over well. 

I'd like to see motion controls.  Hold a stick to simulate a sword and stuff like that.  IDK the market so confusing sometimes especially when it comes to new technology.  I expect them to start with headset and mouse/keyboard at first, then slowly evolve into motion activated controls like xbox kinetic.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    filmoret said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    filmoret said:

I'd like to see motion controls.  Hold a stick to simulate a sword and stuff like that.  IDK the market so confusing sometimes especially when it comes to new technology.  I expect them to start with headset and mouse/keyboard at first, then slowly evolve into motion activated controls like xbox kinetic.
    How do you use a keyboard when you cant see your hands? There would need to be some pass though info. Like seeing your hands and the keyboard.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Wizardry said:
    ...they are using the ever popular Legendary Lea to promote it.
    Who?  Never heard of them.  Must be a legend in their own lunchtime.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2015
    Dibdabs said:
    Wizardry said:
    ...they are using the ever popular Legendary Lea to promote it.
    Who?  Never heard of them.  Must be a legend in their own lunchtime.
    Just google her or go to Twitch she is always on,it is a toss up who is more popular her or Kaceytron but both imo are dumb bimbos lmao.Lea usually gets drunk,she is an alcoholic and when she gets drunk she does stupid things that usually gets her a few bans along the way.

Her and Kaceytron literally makes thousands of dollars a month from Twitch kiddies,i have seen her pull in a thousand bucks a day EASILY and has had multi thousand dollar donations several times.

I have not given a single dollar to any Twitch streamer lmao,yeah maybe i'm cheap maybe i am just smart enough to not waste money foolishly.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Nanfoodle said:
    How do you use a keyboard when you cant see your hands? 
    LOL, this is what they refer to as hardcore gaming...

Besides, if you actually learned how to type and not just henpeck, you would be able to use a keyboard without ever looking at it.  That's how they taught typing back in the old days... the keys on the old IBM Selectric Electric Typewriter were covered so that you couldn't see them.  Real typists never even look at the keyboard at all.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    who ever dreamed that the one game that is the best example of borrowing every single idea from other games and doing it poorly would come from a AAA company (dont even start with the know they are not because they got sold...dont be that guy)

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Wizardry said:
    They got Lea involved because it is cheap advertising.They also had that other chick who won that reality show and now Lea and neither play the game anymore,both are playing Hearthstone.

Ain´t that a nice catch 22... If they spend on marketing they get yelled at for spending to much on marketing. And if they find clever ways to cut corners.... that is wrong too... 

Any way... Still look like a fun little game in a genre i will never play. FFA PvP is something i had my fill of back in UO. =)

This have been a good conversation

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    filmoret said:
    It isnt that its a small scale game.. It is the genre. For whatever reason many if not most Survival / Zombie fans will buy and play anything no matter how trashy it is. It is crazy. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited December 2015
    Robokapp said:
    so when is the real release? I'm still waiting in the shadows to play this when its out...
    Back when I logged into my 1st MMORPG, if I had seen ahead to how online games are developed today, I'd have shaken my head in disbelief that.....
    A. This shit these companies are pulling would even be considered legal
    and
    B. Us gamers, as a whole, would be stupid enough to believe them time and time and time again.
    tawess said:
    Wizardry said:
    They got Lea involved because it is cheap advertising.They also had that other chick who won that reality show and now Lea and neither play the game anymore,both are playing Hearthstone.

Ain´t that a nice catch 22... If they spend on marketing they get yelled at for spending to much on marketing. And if they find clever ways to cut corners.... that is wrong too... 

Any way... Still look like a fun little game in a genre i will never play. FFA PvP is something i had my fill of back in UO. =)
    its not..its a rip off of several other Early Access games and its done horribly wrong.
    its garbage and just a huge gank fest

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SEANMCAD said:
    tawess said:
    Wizardry said:

its not..its a rip off of several other Early Access games and its done horribly wrong.
    I tried to warn them very early on on their Reddit to prioritize the zombie threat or it would become a huge gankfest..  It got many, many upvotes.  Alas, it fell on deaf ears, and the game turned out exactly how I described it would if they didn't make the "zombie survival" portion of the game their number one priority.

SEANMCAD said:
    tawess said:
    Wizardry said:

I tried to warn them very early on on their Reddit to prioritize the zombie threat or it would become a huge gankfest..  It got many, many upvotes.  Alas, it fell on deaf ears, and the game turned out exactly how I described it would if they didn't make the "zombie survival" portion of the game their number one priority.

Yea it turned out to have a lot of players.
    filmoret said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    tawess said:
    Wizardry said:

Yea it turned out to have a lot of players.
    thats not the reason.

The reason is because there isnt anything else to do and its a much better way to get stuff

or so I have heard

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    H1 is one of the more polished and well done survival games on steam. I played 7 days to die and H1Z1 blows it out of the water. That being said, I agree that Daybreak is milking it and that the game won't amount to much more than it's early access state.  I mean it could really use another map or two, but they seem content on releasing pointless updates like the hospital (it is really quite lame, I visited it, there was maybe one zombie inside; a single generic boring zombie.)
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    JDis25 said:
    H1 is one of the more polished and well done survival games on steam. I played 7 days to die and H1Z1 blows it out of the water.

lol just can't agree with this opinion.
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Nanfoodle said:
    filmoret said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    filmoret said:

How do you use a keyboard when you cant see your hands? There would need to be some pass though info. Like seeing your hands and the keyboard.
    It's pretty obvious that most people never used a VR headset when they think it's going to be the next big thing.

1. You can't see the Keyboard so you can't chat or play effectively unless you can type blind like a pro. Taking off the headset to look at the keyboard every 2 minutes is not going to be fun.

2. You can't look up quests or information on a wiki on your second monitor or your main unless the game features an in game browser.

3. The VR headsets get very warm and uncomfortable after a few hours.

4. Pretty much everyone experiences some form of motion sickness either immediately or after prolonged use.

5. I rather play on a 4K Monitor with high refresh than on a VR headset.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Heretique said:
    JDis25 said:
    H1 is one of the more polished and well done survival games on steam. I played 7 days to die and H1Z1 blows it out of the water.

lol just can't agree with this opinion.
    L4D and L4D2 are much better and polished games imo, and actually involve a zombie/undead threat, H1Z1 is really just a free for all gank fest, and it certainly is far from polished, if anything its a jury rigged thrown together mess.