Age of Conan Still going

124»

Comments

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 859
    I quit when they made me change my name from Lez Bow to Tom Boy.. I was pretty sad about that... also I didn't want to go through the PVE needed for the next tier of the next twink. I probably would have but the next FFA PVP server launch in a different game took me in. I try to catch every launch in search of my next home.
    Makes a character with a completely inappropriate name and complains that the name was changed. Posts like this are always confusing. Really what was the thought process when you named that character? What can I name this character that will piss people off?

In my opinion people who make childish discussions like this should get banned instead of allowed to change their name.  
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Portland, ORMember UncommonPosts: 2,023
    fodell54 said:
    I quit when they made me change my name from Lez Bow to Tom Boy.. I was pretty sad about that... also I didn't want to go through the PVE needed for the next tier of the next twink. I probably would have but the next FFA PVP server launch in a different game took me in. I try to catch every launch in search of my next home.
    Makes a character with a completely inappropriate name and complains that the name was changed. Posts like this are always confusing. Really what was the thought process when you named that character? What can I name this character that will piss people off?

In my opinion people who make childish discussions like this should get banned instead of allowed to change their name.  
    It was so fun to RP though and I stayed in character!!! I was a man hater and went around killing all of them, trying to protect the girls.. some very good times were had!!

Oh man she was soooOOoo funny looking!!

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

Watch me play Darkfall and sometimes PVP in other MMORPGs on Twitch.

Darkfall has launched!!! MAY 5th!! Join before its too late!

Follow my RP blog here: http://riseofagon.blogspot.com/

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,742
    I really liked that starter town.  It felt like a roller coaster ride until you left Tortage, then it felt like they let you off the ride and into the park and told us to just find stuff to do on your own.  I still fire it up about once a year.

"Change is the only constant."

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Dragonlance, ALMember UncommonPosts: 962
    SBFord said:
    And then there's this! :)

Funcom is inviting players to check into Age of Conan to help celebrate the eighth anniversary of the game's launch. As part of the anniversary fete, players will be able to claim a free wicked looking lizard called a Zingaran Swamp Beast.

Eight years ago, Age of Conan was unleashed upon the world. We sincerely thank everybody who made our 8th Grand Anniversary possible! Here’s to another amazing year, and many more to come! 

Read more about the other celebratory events and specials by visiting the Age of Conan site.

http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/191/view/news/read/39838/Age-of-Conan-Eighth-Anniversary-Celebrated-with-Free-Pet.html
    Sweet I can bring my pet into the expansion areas I bought...oh wait they want me to pay again to access the content I already bought...No thanks
  • Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingMember RarePosts: 4,032
    SBFord said:
    Sweet I can bring my pet into the expansion areas I bought...oh wait they want me to pay again to access the content I already bought...No thanks
    Maybe you missed to read about the subscription revamp, where they allegedly will resolve that issue, among others... Hopefully in the next letter they will tell the details.

TSW's membership upgrade was cool, so I think this one has potential as well. Not that I'll be affected much, I still used to resub when it's AoC-time in my rotation, so at best it will bring more rewards for me :wink: 
  • ScotScot UKMember RarePosts: 6,435
    "I quit when they made me change my name from Lez Bow to Tom Boy" Those were the days. :D

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy? :P

Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:
    Maybe you missed to read about the subscription revamp, where they allegedly will resolve that issue, among others... Hopefully in the next letter they will tell the details.

TSW's membership upgrade was cool, so I think this one has potential as well. Not that I'll be affected much, I still used to resub when it's AoC-time in my rotation, so at best it will bring more rewards for me :wink: 
    Yeah they have been saying that since the f2p conversion I'm not really holding out hope at this point...
    Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:

Yeah they have been saying that since the f2p conversion I'm not really holding out hope at this point...
    Actually they only say it since the TSW and AO membership revamp, I think first mention was at the end of last year. Sure, there's a chance it will turn out something like the crafting revamp :lol:  but I think it won't.

Some updated incentive for subscription could mean more money in their pockets, so I guess they're more interested in this change like they were with the crafting (unfortunately).

Also, there's already two revamps in the other games, so they have the experience and even the results and outcome of those changes. I'm waiting for the details, in the summer I plan a 1-2 months of AoC session, and I hope by then there will be some additional rewards for the sub :wink: 
    edited May 2016
    Po_gg said:
    Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:

Actually they only say it since the TSW and AO membership revamp, I think first mention was at the end of last year. Sure, there's a chance it will turn out something like the crafting revamp :lol:  but I think it won't.

Some updated incentive for subscription could mean more money in their pockets, so I guess they're more interested in this change like they were with the crafting (unfortunately).

Also, there's already two revamps in the other games, so they have the experience and even the results and outcome of those changes. I'm waiting for the details, in the summer I plan a 1-2 months of AoC session, and I hope by then there will be some additional rewards for the sub :wink: 
    Yeah I agree.  I don't have anything against f2p models.  But what they did with the ROTGS lock to the people who paid for it was something they had kept me away.  Games like LOTRO and swtor don't lock these areas of you purchased the xpacs.  Sure some quest raids or dungeons may not be accessible and that's fine.  I would feel the same if LOTRO asked me to pay an extra fee to enter Moria in LOTRO after I purchased the XPAC years ago would keep me away from LOTRO too. 
    Post edited by Tasslehoff35 on
    edited May 2016

Yeah I agree.  I don't have anything against f2p models.  But what they did with the ROTGS lock to the people who paid for it was something they had kept me away.  Games like LOTRO and swtor don't lock these areas of you purchased the xpacs.
    Yep, LotRO's model is great, I used to say that a lot on LotRO threads :wink:
    As for the membership revamp, hopefully it's not far, at least according to Odo's post:

"On the note about membership offers: We elected not to run a special membership offer for the anniversary date because we're still working on a revamped membership system. We'd rather have a sweet offer run directly after the new system goes live, rather than run an offer right now and then have everything change shortly after. We understand that you all were looking forward to a possible offer, and I'm sorry we weren't able to get that to you for the 8th anniversary. Hopefully, you'll agree that it's worth the wait."

See that "shortly after"? :wink:  (made it bold)
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Higbee, MOMember UncommonPosts: 559
    Po_gg said:
    SBFord said:

Yeah, they'll get to that right after the crafting revamp.....oh, right.
    Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
    Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!
  • DKLondDKLond AlbertslundMember RarePosts: 2,106
    One of the "biggest potential" MMOs I ever played, but it's all irrelevant now.
  • RawizRawiz HelsinkiMember UncommonPosts: 502
    edited June 2016
    Absolute P2W introduced today. Read official forums for fun times.

AOC the well-known failure continues on as a P2W shitbag.
    Post edited by Rawiz on
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor AdelaideMember UncommonPosts: 556
    So this new update 5.0 makes all the areas you purchase (Rise of the Godslayer etc) part of Free-to-Play. I might download it and check it out again.

The Enlightened take things Lightly