Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the new EQ time locked progression server

herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
so little review for anyone thinking of the new server happily nicknamed phinny
DBG suprised many by launching a new rule set server while the last 2 were barely 6 months old.
this servers were well recieved but it lacked raid boss instances which meant like in 2000 1-2 guilds controlled all end game content
also it was filled with boxers which could number 20+ and lock down many popular spawns
voting for progression to the next expansion always caused drama with casuals often getting their own back on this couple of guilds and voting not to move to the next content
so a new server with  boxing only done 1 per computer meaning you need to have 6 computers up to run 6 boxes.full instancing!(something many wanted for years) .automatic expansion unlock every 3 months(something many wondered if too quick but with the levelling experience from the last 2 server been bearable many accepted this as a compromise for the other changes)
BUT nope.
without been announced the experience was kept back to almost pre 2001 levels which was slooow.with automatic unlocks in 3 months and slow experience it meant you will now be forever levelling just to keep up to date unless you are willing to put in pre 2001 hours which were a lot.even buying the experience potions it still is slow
so essentially  if you want a nostalgia trip without the hassle of been bottom feeders to 1-2 guilds this server is amazing.also due to less boxing social interaction is higher.but remember this is only possible if you have the hours to dump in it!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, I was playing happily on Lockjaw until Phinny came along and 95% of my raiding guild moved.  They all wanted instanced raiding.  The slow experience gain (done, in my opinion, solely to push XP potion sales), coupled with the super-rapid expansion release schedule of three months, made me stop playing entirely.  I don't have the time to invest to keep up.  Lockjaw is now a ghost town.