Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Aliens invade Earth before EQNext gets released?

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
My vote is on the Aliens.

There is more credible proof of Aliens than there is of EQNext being in development.

Ya think?

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    They've already visited us.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Do we even care at this point ? Even if it gets released, its not going to be Everquest anyway.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Xarko said:
    Do we even care at this point ? Even if it gets released, its not going to be Everquest anyway.
    At this point, its a bit of a toss up between whether it gets released as a pachinko game or as an itunes cowclicker.. :p
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    More importantly, will the aliens poop their pants?
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    immodium said:
    They've already visited us.

Yep, so, yes.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Xarko said:

Bah! Where is the head patting emote?! Nevermind.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Kiyoris said:
    My vote is on the Aliens.

There is more credible proof of Aliens than there is of EQNext being in development.

Ya think?

Do you mean some  different/new aliens?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Squadron24Squadron24 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    It´s not even in development 4 years, when will people finally get it that MMOs take 5-7 years?

You only get reskinned COD garbage every year, not a full MMO built from scratch

EQ Next could come out some time in 2016-2017, if it hasn´t been cancelled during the whole SOE/Daybreak transition.
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Theoretically, almost anything can happen in an unlimited period of time. If not during this Big Bang session, then - the next one, or the next.

One has to be patient with aliens.
     W...aaagh?
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    It´s not even in development 4 years, when will people finally get it that MMOs take 5-7 years?

You only get reskinned COD garbage every year, not a full MMO built from scratch

EQ Next could come out some time in 2016-2017, if it hasn´t been cancelled during the whole SOE/Daybreak transition.
    You don't do the full court hype show that SOE did more than 2 years ago if you are still 4+ years away from releasing the game. There's a reason SOE was bought out by Columbus Nova. 

Now they've gone radio silent and have nothing to show for all of their efforts. The game hasn't been cancelled, but they've given their fans absolutely no indication of any progress they have made. The prevailing theory is that they are incapable of making the game they said they would make. And that will continue to be the rhetoric until they show us something to prove otherwise.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I would love to see ANY game initiate some EPIC game play where the Aliens invade Earth and we have to band together to fight them off.

You know what is sad about my request,if someone like Blizzard did that in their game,they would still have yellow markers over npc heads .../sigh.

I would love to see the Humans manning Turrets and launching counterattack ships,ground fire,mobile unite,yep give me some of that Alien Epic battles.

As to EQN..../sigh ,off/on again,mostly gamer's assets ,small team,small budget ,no more Smedley or Georgie ,no communication with the community,it feels more everyday like an Indie effort is incoming.I simply cannot believe that H1Z1 a terribly unfinished game is making enough money to keep this thing going.I know EQ2 is dead,EQ1 likely as well,PS2 likely closes down next year,after that there is nothing left.

You know what will really happen though,the world will look pretty good using all those player made assets.I do not expect THEIR effort to amount to much.Voxels,Parkor,is that enough to sell me a half ass game??Nope not even for nostalgia reasons.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There is already discussion about the state of the game, and this thread serves little purpose otherwise.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.