Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biggest Sleeper hit of 2016

2»

Comments

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I'm not sure some of you know what a sleeper is.... The Division is definitely not one :P
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    It's a shame the graphics were tuned down. This game looked crazy good at first, now it only looks good.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited January 2016
    isnt The Division that game that was created by Ubisoft and postponed a full year around the same time as everyone was disapointed with Watchdogs?

sad thing is I know this and I dont even WANT to know it...

or....oh look another game based on violence how not overdone is that?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Blade and Soul is the biggest sleeper hit.
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    edited January 2016
    Sorry for my misuse of "Sleeper" I was implying that it isnt being expected to become something big or anything. But for the past week, Ubi has really been pushing this game and getting the info out there and the hype is building. so my assumption of it being a unexpected storm of goodness is being drowned out by all the ad's and promotion.

And side note: Blade and Soul, just logged out right now. Combat is fun, good F2P game, but besides that, the game is a snore. Nothing special if your looking to get out of that Theme Park style gaming.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

57k viewers on Twitch watching The Division beta.

Looks like this game is really popular.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Sleeper hit- something not heavily promoted or having bad early sales but eventually became extremely successful and this game is definitely not that
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Too many "expansions" and DLC content which at this point all sound small and mundane for the expected costs. In a game without more than 2 years of staying power. Think I'll be passing on this one, for the same reasons as Destiny. 
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Jonas_SG said:

Or people trying to figure out if it is a waste of money.

Being an Ubisoft game, it probably is.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Jonas_SG said:

Or people trying to figure out if it is a waste of money.

Being an Ubisoft game, it probably is.
    After watching several streamers today, I can say that I am personally not dissapointed.

I also like having a road map for future content before release and thats exactly what they did: 

THE DIVISION – LAUNCH IS JUST THE BEGINNING

01/28/2016 02:42 PM

We always built The Division with the ambition to make it a universe that would expand beyond the game’s release. We are glad to give you today a sneak peek at the post-launch plans for the game and detail what you can expect in the Season Pass.

REGULAR UPDATES

The development team is working on a complete post-launch plan to keep the experience fresh for the months to come, including several free updates, new features and functionality. 
    The free updates to be released for all players will add new game modes such as challenging group-oriented operations to test players’ abilities in co-op mode and win unique rewards.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

We are also planning 3 paid expansions that will be released over the course of the year. Each expansion builds on The Division, continuing your agent’s journey and progress with new content, gear and gameplay as you fight to take back New York:

Expansion I: Underground 
    This first major expansion opens up a new area to players as they explore the uncharted underworld of New York City with up to 3 friends for intense co-op action.

Expansion II: Survival 
    In this expansion, players will have to survive as long as possible in a very hostile environment that will challenge even the most talented agents.

Expansion III: Last Stand 
    Stay tuned for more information.

SEASON PASS

These 3 paid expansions are included in the Season Pass, along with exclusive content.

Here is a full overview of the Season Pass content:

• The Division Expansion I: Underground
    • The Division Expansion II: Survival
    • The Division Expansion III: Last Stand
    • Exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique sidearm customized for short-range destruction.
    • Full set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins
    • Special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events.

The Season Pass is included in the Gold Edition and Sleeper Agent Edition of the game, and will also be available for stand-alone purchase when the game releases, on March 8th, 2016.

Im good with all this. 

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Up to 99K viewers today on Twitch watching The Division.

This game is really popular.

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Jonas_SG said:

Up to 99K viewers today on Twitch watching The Division.

This game is really popular.

Negative ghost rider. The game is new. You know what is sad. It only costs 5 bucks to get into the beta. All those viewers are on twitch because they want to see just how bad it really is. You know how bad it is? Its not worth the 5 bucks to even try. The glorified demo they released is a piece of dog sh%t wrapped in pretty paper. I have not yet, in almost 20 years of hardcore gaming ( mostly MMOs) come across a game as pathetic as this one. This site doesnt critique or advertise Modern warfare or other fps's, it should likewise take this title off of the site. Its actually LESS multiplayer than a COD title and has about as many rpg elements as GTA. All those twitch viewers are lucky they now dont have to pay 5 bucks to find out how garbage this piece of sh^t really is. 

Its actually worth it to pay 5 bucks just to take a look at thier closed beta forums. No doubt they will be taken down soon. Ive never seen so much negative feedback. And that says something coming from the MMORPG forums. From now until march 8th, this game will utterly destroy itself with bad press. Im laughing already at how badly UBIFail is shooting themselves in the foot. 

5 Bucks guys.. go see for yourself. It will literally only take you 2 hours to DL it, play it and realize that the uninstall button is your best friend. Garbage.. just pure garbage. Worse thing about it.. ive been hyping and waiting for this game for almost 2 years. I just wanted a decent open world Multiplayer RPG with fps combat. Instead i literally just got a single player shooter with the depth a kiddie pool. HOLY F*CK.. i would rather the serves had been so packed that the 6 hr queue would have prevented me from wasting away 3 hours of my life on this pathetic game. 3 hours.. max level is 8. For some reason you start at lv 4? 2 hours in, youve done 15 mind numbingly boring solo missions and youve just hit the cap. Nothing more to do.. jsut repeat some quests or go to Darkzone and play team death match on a garbage FPS with terrible controls and piss poor performance. HOLY F*CK i cannot believe how f*cking bad this game is................................................................
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Like the guy above me, I could foresee what this game was turning out to be. Nothing new, nothing exciting. No interesting PvP.

I moved on long ago.
  • KirzanKirzan Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I thought sleeper hit meant "game no one knew about suddenly is extremely good and loved by most, from the shadows". Emphasis on the shadows stuff. Like, sleeper means no one really knows about it.

Not: Game has been hyped for 2 years and just hit beta which people actually pre-ordered for. The Division was a title that was definitely not "sleeping".

As for the game itself: It offers a lotta tense moments that you just don't get in other games that its been compared to, by morons, like Call of Duty or any other massively popular console shooter, for that matter. It's much more of a light version of the endless, creeping feeling of danger you get in PVP Survival games, actually.

It's Ubisoft, of all devs, that's going to make "a game where the best loot is from PVP, in which you can lose your loot" a mainstream thing.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Division a sleeper hit, well its too well advertised to be a sleeper, and whether it turns out to be a hit or a miss, is too early to tell, once its released then will have a better idea.
    BUT, its a Ubisoft game, and thats not a good recommendation for the quality of the gaming experience, they have a history of 'iffy' games, Assassins Creed, The Crew, Watchdogs, just being recent examples, for PC it usually means deliberately nerfed graphics, or just poorly optimised ones, they throw out games at 30 fps as if thats okay, when it really isn't, and deliberately nerfing PC graphics so they don't look too much better than on console, after they 'advertise' games at a higher resolution than is available on consoles in the first place, its really questionable behaviour.
    Will Division be a good game? too early to tell, it might be, but considering the source, expect problems.
    As for the whole season pass thing, buying into those is probably not a good idea unless your absolutely certain that the pro's and the con's are acceptable, and thats assuming you even need it.