Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the community still Toxic?

BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
I played the game at launch after waiting for it for months.  It was a fantastic game FOR ITS TIME and I pretty much played the best character ever (Shaman Defiler).  Loved the crafting, collections, housing, there was always something to do.  In retrospect I could never play a game like EQ2 again as it was too group dependent, but at that time I had more time so it didn't matter.

The issue was with the community.  It was toxic as all hell.  Racist, sexist, backbiting and guild drama constantly.  If even developed a "flame" website so that people could tear each other apart even further.  Any word on the community now?  Is there even a population?  Please share your experience.  I hunt played this game in over 7 years.

Thanks!

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

Comments

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I played EQ2 at launch and every now and then for the years after. Never experienced what you did. May have been just your own experience and not the entire community.
  • BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    HUH?  There is a separate flames forum where players were blacklisted and trashed.  Young girls pictures were passed around and drama abounded.  Were you living under a rock?  I remember leaving a guild and the GL making phony characters on the forums to trash me and anyone else that "dared" to leave his crappy guild.  WTH?  this was common in that game.  EQ2Flames still exists, go and read the archives.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    So your asking us if the community from 2004 is still in place in 2015?  Uh huh.....
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    I've played EQ2 on and off since launch, and I've literally never encountered people like what you describe.  However, to qualify that, I've always plated on Antonia Bayle server (RP server).  So, the people on there usually tend to be a little more friendly and geeky.
  • BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Letsinod said:
    So your asking us if the community from 2004 is still in place in 2015?  Uh huh.....
    UM yeah…I left the game is 2007 or so, the flames forum was still going strong.  Major drama with some of the Devs was going on.  Im sure most of the players left and moved on, who knows, I'm just asking.  WOW started around that time as well and you can still go to Barrens and be driven crazy by the chat there in general.  WHy would EQ2 be any different?