Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext wiki has articles written by 275,797 users. These are the die hards of this game.

SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
EQN wiki has articles written by 275.8k users. This seems VERY promising for a potential for a successful launch. Everquest players have been known to be not only loyal but very knowlegable of the games and hobbies that they play. Not only does this show the meat of the playerbase, but the dedication for the long term. To put that in perspective. FF14ARR has 500k subscribers on all platforms and is the second most popular mmorpg behind WoW.

Comments

• SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    EQN wiki has articles written by 275.8k users. This seems VERY promising for a potential for a successful launch. Everquest players have been known to be not only loyal but very knowlegable of the games and hobbies that they play. Not only does this show the meat of the playerbase, but the dedication for the long term. To put that in perspective. FF14ARR has 500k subscribers on all platforms and is the second most popular mmorpg behind WoW.
    http://eqnext.gamepedia.com/EverQuest_Next_Wiki
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    There hasn't been an news update on the homepage since September and the forums are dead with almost no moderation... I've seen this before, pretty soon post bots will start spamming weird {Muslim-Magician spiritualis-datacore*^111678-7777] messages :p

But yes, the Everquest community is passionate and huge. If the game gets pulled off the vapor ware shelf I'll play it. But I'm not holding my breath.
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    When the game comes out then I will believe it, until then it is vaporware.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    No clue how Gamepedia's stats work, but I see this:

11 Contributors
    7, 296 Edits
    3,194 Articles

Active users in last 30 Days: 1 (didn't seem to actually do anything)

Wouldn't get your hopes up to much looking at those numbers.

Not sure how numbers are calculated but there isn't 3k articles nor are they written by 275k users. Unless I'm missing something.

Not sure if you were around when EQN was first announced, but there was a fairly strong backlash from EQ loyalists as EQN is very different from EQ/EQ2. Beyond loyalty to the IP, someone that enjoys EQ/EQ2 would have to enjoy a completely different experience to move to EQN.
    edited December 2015
    Allein said:
    No clue how Gamepedia's stats work, but I see this:

11 Contributors
    7, 296 Edits
    3,194 Articles

Active users in last 30 Days: 1 (didn't seem to actually do anything)

Wouldn't get your hopes up to much looking at those numbers.

Not sure how numbers are calculated but there isn't 3k articles nor are they written by 275k users. Unless I'm missing something.

Not sure if you were around when EQN was first announced, but there was a fairly strong backlash from EQ loyalists as EQN is very different from EQ/EQ2. Beyond loyalty to the IP, someone that enjoys EQ/EQ2 would have to enjoy a completely different experience to move to EQN.
    Its right under welcome to Everquest Next wiki. are you clicking my link? Oh look under users. It says written by 275k users
    Page edits since EverQuest Next Wiki was set up: 7,297
    Derp. You're right. I cant find the articles not sure where they are must be gamepedia as a whole.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2015
    Considering there are total of 7,296 edits done on the wiki, that "Written by 275,797 users" is false. Even if every writer made only one edit, it would be written by no more than 7,296 users.

EDIT: I didn't see 2 SyndomafaDown's posts above this post when I made this /EDIT
    Post edited by Vrika on

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Regardless, there are millions upon millions of gamers that will at least try a half way decent game. Heck there are tons of games I wouldn't play if I was paid to that are doing fine. Don't need to worry about how many people care currently. The number of people that have commented one way or another here or any site are rather insignificant relatively speaking. Unfortunately, as there isn't anything remotely new to talk about, we are left to go around in circles about our opinions which no matter how hard we try, aren't going to change the outcome of the game.