Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sigh...dead again

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Sadly this is an extremely common occurrence in ALL games, a mad rush of players speeding through everything,then 2 months later a ghost town.
Now it has been about 4-5 months but still EQ2 Stormhold TL server is pretty much completely dead.I logged in around 6:45,used to be quite busy,at least 12-30 players in guild at all times.Now i login NOBODY in my guild is on and one person login then quickly left again.Searching through events it seems most of the named vets have not played in a while.

So then i do a search all and i see only about 150 players  "maybe" i didn't actually count them all but no way more than 150,i would chance to say maybe only about 100.That is really bad,like not even worth running a server,not even if getting 15 buck sub fees.So my hunch was right DBG is not making any money from their games,it does not look good.I suspect that quietly they might just have to find another buyer and yes maybe EQN will never make it to market.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    The new expansion just released, peeps are moving back to their main Server to play that.
    They will be back in a month or so when they run out of content.

Another problem with TLS is that they are nothing like the original, which means that players can go through a whole expansion in a month, instead of taking several months like in the original game.
    Currently people run out of content on TLS so they are looking for something to do and the new expansion came just at the right time.
    This is Daybrak fault as usual, they don't understand they need to slow down the leveling if they want to keep player playing, but that's a difficult concept for them to grasp.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

GAME IS NOT DEAD hahah

maybe your dumb server is dead  =)  come on Over to Maj'Dul server it is a Jumping Party everyday of the week  =)

Do not listen to these Nay Sayers  ...Booooo  Hissssss ~throws Tomatoes~  the game is Not dead

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Seeing's as this was my main and only interesting game for 11 years I may break down and resub it. LOL

I know it's free to play but I always supported the developers. Right now I am in limbo with no game for almost 5 months and my game is never gonna happen so there is a possibility I will do it soon.

:)
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    ste2000 said:
    The new expansion just released, peeps are moving back to their main Server to play that.
    They will be back in a month or so when they run out of content.

Another problem with TLS is that they are nothing like the original, which means that players can go through a whole expansion in a month, instead of taking several months like in the original game.
    Currently people run out of content on TLS so they are looking for something to do and the new expansion came just at the right time.
    This is Daybrak fault as usual, they don't understand they need to slow down the leveling if they want to keep player playing, but that's a difficult concept for them to grasp.

This is all true but i do not see players coming back to the TL server in that case because why would they and there is nobody left to play with.

SOE/DB needed to learn to CHANGE up NEW content,if you just add another level,add another map ,that is BORING.
    I am not here tooting FFXI ,i just want to point to some examples.FFXI added the ability to add tons of NPC's to form your own group,that is what is needed in older games,it does not remove grouping  if players are in the mood to group.FFXI added a new system to play as the mobs in the game if that is your thing.

They added bastion battles,Campaign battles,NYZUL Isle was a huge 100 floor climb.

They added tons of other ideas ,you need to give players options for fun game play, another level and another map or two will run out in 2-4 weeks then what?Roll an ALT,no thanks.

That is another area SOE could have improved on,add in a sub class system,do away with nonsense like ALTS.The writing was on the wall,when they did away with mulitple stats and stream lined crafting it told us they no longer wanted to put any effort into the game,they were looking to streamline it to easily make content.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.