Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Since everyone is an mmo armchair general. Through the info given to us, why will EQNext fail hard?

13»

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Did you check EQNext official site?
    https://www.everquestnext.com/home

It just look so sad.
    All there is is some Landmark Workshop sessions.
    Almost nothing related to EQN, last related news is 6 month old.

By the way, they could not even launch Landmark properly, what make you think they have the resources to make a more ambitious game like EQNext?

It's dead Jim............

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Serious discussion, no because of preferences. No because im a fanboi of other company. No because of i hate SOE/Daybreak.

Is it the mulit-classing? Unfamiliar territory? AI? Trinity?
    Where do we even begin? Here's a but few reasons it will fail:

-It will never actually launch
    -Using the EQ name to sell the game but nothing like EQ
    -Disney graphics
    -The totality of the failure of Landmark
    -Cheesy immersion breaking design choices like ridiculous flips with every jump
    -Terrible Neverwinter Online combat
    -Butchering so many races, e.g draenei looking dark elves
    -Most of the original scope was forgotten
    -Very little interest these days, dying on the vine
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    ste2000 said:
    Did you check EQNext official site?
    https://www.everquestnext.com/home

It just look so sad.
    All there is is some Landmark Workshop sessions.
    Almost nothing related to EQN, last related news is 6 month old.

By the way, they could not even launch Landmark properly, what make you think they have the resources to make a more ambitious game like EQNext?

It's dead Jim............
    Even if this continues for another 3 years and no one hears a peep outta DeyBroke Games, there will always be someone who's going to post a thread saying "Yeah but......." Then arguing with everyone who disagrees.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't know if will fail hard,likely die hard EQ fans buy it even if it turns out crap.

My idea of fail is based on them not putting any effort into the game.It is definitely a budget operation.

This is one of the few times that i think putting word out there was a bad idea.They could have kept this quiet for years and nobody would know the wiser.Well that is until SOE sold to DB then  assumptions would start to fly.

No money,no effort,small team ,lost it's leadership and community employees and community interaction,so yeah it smells of very low budget operation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the whole project and went back to the drawing board, only now they haven't got a clue what to do on a shoe-string budget and skeleton crew to do it with.
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Serious discussion, no because of preferences. No because im a fanboi of other company. No because of i hate SOE/Daybreak.

It is going to fail, because the only way it could succeed would be to grow to 10M subs in the first three months (and then stay there for 10+ years). As this is not actually practical, it is destined to fail.
  • kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I won't buy it if it releases,
    but not only that, I would feel like I would have a personal responsibility to persuade people away from purchasing EQN as well. This is an after effect of Landmark, that is how much faith I have in the development by Daybreak currently, and that's saying something. And I don't think I'm alone in feeling this way.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2015
    Wizardry said:
    I don't know if will fail hard,likely die hard EQ fans buy it even if it turns out crap.

Mhhhh actually not.
    EQ fans will be the first ones to punish something that has little in common with EQ.
    Have you heard the scorned girlfriend syndrome?

That's why I keep saying that Daybreak cannot afford to make a game that alienates it's core player base.
    This is one of the few IP where you don't have much room for innovation.
    If they want to experiment they should start a fresh IP.

• SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    In 2 years time ill be doing flips to avoid orcs. You'll see...Anywho. Do i think the game will fail. Here's what i think the weaknesses are: system requirements, company reputation, troll fanbois of other companies. 

That's the only thing i can see ruining this launch. You guys have givin me NOTHING of why it will fail other than that you will be step by step in the way of good hearsay. You are an obstacle of this game. All it takes is an impressive showing and when you come to mmorpg.com to pounce on this game, i will come here to pounce on you. See ya in 2 years. /thread closed.
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    edited December 2015

It is going to fail, because the only way it could succeed would be to grow to 10M subs in the first three months (and then stay there for 10+ years). As this is not actually practical, it is destined to fail.
    Most of WoW's market is in China 75% i mean, WoW never had more than 2 million people from N.America playing it at any time. If you want to bring WoW into the equation kiddo. Google it :pleased: 

Edit. Don't trust the wiki. There was an article in 2011 that showed 5.6 million chinese players.