Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uncapped Frames Problem

goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Running this game using the built in FPS cap of 60 renders as smooth as 60 FPS can run which is still in my opinion terrible.  There is an option for max FPS so whatever your CPU and GPU can crank out.  With this option selected its about 125 FPS on my comp either in town or out in the forest.

However the engine is unable to deal with the game running at this high an FPS, when you turn you mouse the view literally jumps 180 degrees runs smooth for a bit then jumps 45 degrees runs smooth repeats, the whole time the FPS counter is holding steady at around 120 FPS.

I saw this problem before with this game but only as a bug when you went from 3rd person to 1st person then back out, the camera would jump all over the place, now its doing it pretty much always unless you cap your frames to 60 using the in game drop down.

I know the devs read these forums so maybe its something they can look it. Can you add another FPS setting for like 80 as a work around until its fixed?  My monitor is running at 85 HZ but forcing Vsync on my card doesn't lock the game to 85 FPS, tried it.  So I either have to run it at a choppy 60FPS or a smooth 120FPS with the camera stuttering when I turn. Or not play and wait for a fix.

I have an i7-4790 at 4.0 GHZ

SSD drive

16 RAM

GTX 980.

Just letting you know.

Comments

• ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    It is something that they are very aware of, it's loading issue that they are working on resolving.