It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1) New PK system applied to Valencia
- Karma penalties significantly reduced
- No weapon enchant degrading or gem loss on death
- EXP loss still applies
- 'Prison camp' system: red tendency players will be confined to prison camps. Jail time increases based on the amount of people you've killed. However, it is possible to use the stealth system to sneak past prison guards and escape early.
- Players with positive karma can earn 'Seals of the Bounty Hunter' by slaying red tendency players.
2) 2 New town hubs
- Arehaja village & Mui Kun
- Mui Kun is the outlaw town. Positive karma players will get attacked by guards; negative karma players won't!
- Mui Kun has it's own set of daily quests with rewards that apply to negative karma players.
3) Valencia trade reform
- Trading in Valencia will be more beneficial.
- Increased sales benefit from trading to/from Valencia City compared to other parts of the world
- Of course, beware red tendency players from raiding your trade wagons as they are no longer heavily penalised for doing so.
4) New desert resources
- 'Black Water' can be harvested by guilds building new extractors in the desert. Black Water is expected to be a highly beneficial resource in the future. References to sailing boats and 'trains' that will benefit from Black Water. (Personal interpretation: 'Black Water' could easily be a reference to 'Black Liquid' aka oil. This 'trains' reference is giving me There Will Be Blood flashbacks haha).
- Guilds will need to keep an eye on their extractors, and they will require maintenance (eg. damage from sandstorms).
- Warring guilds can raid and destroy other guilds' extractors. Protect them!
5) New dungeons
- Akuman Ruins & Histria Ruins
- Akuman dungeon is tied to the mystery of the ancient civilisation protectors.
- Histria dungeon is tied to/is a continuation of the lore established in the Hasra dungeon in Media.
- Histria is of an 'overwhelming' scale compared to Hasra dungeon.
- New rare and unique item drops from the new dungeons
- Entering the dungeons requires 'a sense of adventure and luck'. Randomised dungeon entrance location (think Nuber world dragon spawns). Traveling with other adventurers is advised so that the party can spread out and locate the 'swirling sands' that mark the dungeon entrance more efficiently.
- Difficult mobs populate the dungeons, advised to enter as a party or a guild.
6) New elite desert monsters & goblin bandits
- Difficulty tuned where it's advisable to bring friends to tackle them.
- Goblin bandits will appear in the desert. Loot them for a chance at earning bandit loot (rare artifacts, or even bullion). You can catch them using taming ropes (lol). Sugar lumps do nothing (lol).
7) Annex functionality comes online
- All those annexes marked on the world map in Valencia will have their functionality unlocked.
- You can buy a ticket to access annex servcies, which include unique daily quests, and NPC merchants.
- You can also use your annex access to tame baby elephants - unlocking elephants for personal use(?) like horses and donkeys.
- New knowledge to be gained by visiting all the various annexes.
8) Update launch in December 2015. Not all updates may make it into the first release, as they will be released sequentially over a period of time (speculation: weekly updates will constantly introduce the elements outlined above).
Two new dungeons will be added: Ahkeuman Ruins and Historic Ruins.
The dungeons will be located underground and will reward adventurers with all kinds of rare and unique items.
Ahkeuman Ruins is a mysterious story of an ancient civilization known as the guardians.
Historic Ruins inherits the story of the old Hasra Ancient Ruins.
<Dream ahkeuman temple resurrection of the ancient giants>
Entering the dungeon will require a bit of luck. There is no entrance to either of the two dungeons. Instead you must locate the “sand swirling” with your party and will travel to the dungeons.
In addition, new dungeon monsters will be added. These monsters are powerful lava monsters and can also be found near the Sulfur Mines in the Valencia Prison.
Remember that these new monsters are extremely strong. We recommend hunting in a party or guild.
<The antiquities of Valencia buried ruins foreground Heath TRIA>