Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BnS Vs. black desert

DeathleecherDeathleecher Member UncommonPosts: 89
Hi everyone, SO BnS is going to be released in Januar, but Black Desert Q1 2016, so close to BnS, do you think it will hit BnS hard?

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    edited November 2015
    Two different games imho, i dont think they will hit each other.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Black desert. I hate how you constantly get stuck in a lockdown combo in Blade and sold. It can get old real quick. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• takilungtakilung Member UncommonPosts: 19
    No need to start another flame war. heres an example of what this thread will turn into from BDO forum about the VS stuff:
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1036-blackdesert-bns/

in a nutshell BDO doesn't fit to compare to BNS since they are both very different.  i would compare BDO to elder scrolls online and BnS to Tera instead.
  • Deftpunk79Deftpunk79 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I'll play BNS until BDO comes out. For me there are 2 big issues in BDO's favor. Player housing is one. I have been starved for a game with decent player housing since I left EQ II. The other is NCSoft. I dislike NCSoft very much, and won't get deeply involved in any game that NCSoft is part of.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will be playing both but Black Desert will be my main. 

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    This is easy to answer "none". Blade and Soul should've came to us 3-4 years ago not 5 years after it was released and the censorship is nail in the coffin. Plus I already have one enjoyable F2P MMO and many more awesome coming in 2016.

Black Desert won't see a cent from me due to its P2W cash shop as well as its Russian release prior to west. Both easy to avoid.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    I'll play BNS until BDO comes out. For me there are 2 big issues in BDO's favor. Player housing is one. I have been starved for a game with decent player housing since I left EQ II. The other is NCSoft. I dislike NCSoft very much, and won't get deeply involved in any game that NCSoft is part of.
    It's called BDO, because everyone will play so long they'll have horrible BoDy Odor.
  • IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381
    If you just like housing, go check out Wildstar unless youre not into sci-fi/semi-fantasy.
    It has quite well done housing, near perfect in my opinion.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    It's sort of like watching Alabama play Oklahoma, you hope both lose. :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited January 2016
    I enjoyed and will play both. B&S has enjoyable casual WoW style leveling and fun 1v1 dueling but not much else. It blends comfortable traditional MMO elements in with action oriented combat without being too spastic and spammy (you use abilities for a reason, not just because they're off cooldown like GW2). BDO has a more open world feel with PvE that kind of reminds me of Diablo style games. You pull huge numbers of enemies and blow them up with incredibly flashy abilities. It's very fun but could be a little more challenging (I only died when pulling entire camps of dark red/purple con enemies).

I think both games suffer from flawed open world PvP systems. PvP flagging is a lazy and antiquated system that should die in the dumpster fire it was born in.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    The good news for me is that I will have time to level a character or two on BnS. I will play the PvE first and try to get the best weapon and jewelry I can until BD. Once BD hits I will play it for as long as it is enjoyable to me. I can always login to BnS (Being free to play) and do some Arena.  Luckily BnS PvP is not a timesink like BD.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
    Aori said:
    BnS is simply to much of a pain to get to max level. I hate forcing myself to play through games to get to max level to eventually or even hopefully enjoy them.
    lol. BNS is one of the few games where you can get to max level within a day. If your too lazy well don't even bother playing mmo?
  • AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Izork said:
    If you just like housing, go check out Wildstar unless youre not into sci-fi/semi-fantasy.
    It has quite well done housing, near perfect in my opinion.

Wildstar perfect housing? for real? only MMO with perfect housing is Archeage. True open world housing with alot of options. After playing AA no other housing comes even close. Think what you will about the rest of the game but AA housing is best on the marked.  wildstar housing is instanced, and the rest  of the game is rather lackluster.

Btw Steparu just posted a very accurate review about BnS vs BDO. http://steparu.com/reviews/mmorpg/1945-black-desert-vs-blade-soul-2016-special

would suggest anyone interested to take a look
  • lewkajlewkaj Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'll go with BnS, it has solid combat, great pvp, and plenty of instances to run, also it feels more polished imo.

And about BDO, major turnoff was the change to B2P. 
    Lack of instances hurts too
    Maybe I'll think about BDO when it will catch up to the KR version. (not saying we will be on par with kr, but close)

I played both, both were pretty fun, but BDO felt like i needed to grind from the beginning, but that might be due to RU version
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Kopogero said:
    This is easy to answer "none". Blade and Soul should've came to us 3-4 years ago not 5 years after it was released and the censorship is nail in the coffin. Plus I already have one enjoyable F2P MMO and many more awesome coming in 2016.

Black Desert won't see a cent from me due to its P2W cash shop as well as its Russian release prior to west. Both easy to avoid.
    Oi :D did you mention some F2p not p2w ,game that can be fun?

And it isnt imaginatory xD ?
    Please share
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I've been playing BDO japan for about a week now. It's very sanboxy.

Tons of systems.

Being a crafter, trader, merchant is a real thing.

The combat system is nothing like I've played before. Very fluent. At high levels I can see it being crazy skilled based with players naturally having their own styles. 

Housing, workers, boats, carrages, horse breeding, pet breeding, there's a lot of stuff going on. The funny thing is I don't think you can world pvp until level 50 (a day or two of hard core grinding), but  it hasn't bothered me even though pvp is what I do. I'm too busy getting the housing/worker/crafting system down. I think that's a pretty good sign.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Kopogero said:
    This is not true. Cash shop information for NA has yet to be released and based on current information in terms of what changes NA will see, I'd be hard pressed to believe it'll be a P2W cash shop - at least initially.
  • burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420
    So is Blade and Soul a pay to win game then? Has anyone here actually played the KR version? Mildly interested, and if it has the longevity of AION (without the grind) I would be interested. AION for me is a game I attempted to get into, the grind turned me off, but I am forever seeing the updates and thinking to myself, "that looks cool - but its too late now..", so maybe this is another game similar I will give more a go at. Heres hoping! 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    For anybody actually interested in an unbiased comaprison of B&S and Black Desert, Steparu.com has a decent post about this:

http://steparu.com/reviews/mmorpg/1945-black-desert-vs-blade-soul-2016-special

I think I will be avoiding both.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    I don't like the look of how you play your character in Black destert. That quick darting stuff doesn't do it for me. Too arcade like.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    edited January 2016
    Black desert. I hate how you constantly get stuck in a lockdown combo in Blade and sold. It can get old real quick. 
    This right here is why i would choose BD over BnS.  I couldn't stand getting locked in Tera, and BnS has a similar combat system to that.  BD will let you cancel the animation just by moving.

Not only that, but BD's characters, textures, models, and overall environment and setting look so much better.

edit: Well, after reading Steparu's review of both games, i'm not so sure anymore.  Haha.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Wildstar perfect housing? for real? only MMO with perfect housing is Archeage. True open world housing with alot of options. After playing AA no other housing comes even close. Think what you will about the rest of the game but AA housing is best on the marked.  wildstar housing is instanced, and the rest  of the game is rather lackluster.

I see you haven't played Ultima Online...

Can't blame you though. Other than the mostest awesomest housing, the game is crap today.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    observer said:
    This right here is why i would choose BD over BnS.  I couldn't stand getting locked in Tera, and BnS has a similar combat system to that.  BD will let you cancel the animation just by moving.

Not only that, but BD's characters, textures, models, and overall environment and setting look so much better.

edit: Well, after reading Steparu's review of both games, i'm not so sure anymore.  Haha.
    The downside to being able to cancel animations is that people abuse the mechanic to have their characters move much faster than by running normally.

Sure it all adds to the skill cap, but it looks absolutely ridiculous.
  • Bluehound17Bluehound17 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Blade and Soul if you want real competitive PvP that dont rely on gear (Arena) , or if you like marvel vs streetfighter style Tag team pvp of 3's. 

If You loved Archeage online then Black Desert will be the game for you, graphics are awesome I wont lie, but you better prepare your wallet! if you know what i mean.