Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most attractice feature you look for in an MMO

Comments

• nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    edited December 2015

Open world seamless gameworld - i dont mind loading screen like gw2, teso, its make game less lagging.

First person view - yes with 3rd option and all the way zoom out camera

Low Fantasy setting - medieval

PVP  - must have looting, red name player has chance for their equipment to drop, red names means they kill other innocent player

Skill based leveling, you use it to levels

No trash loot everything is related to crafting, combine lower tier mats to high tier, mobs can drop items that can be sell for gold, in game gold and gems to support developer

No gear as quest rewards everything in game is 100% player crafted - unlogical for a quest to give gear...or gold in some case..depends on the quest...if u help poor village, how can they give u gold? and why u accept it?

Mobs don't drop gear just mats to make items - yes, but depends, mobs like human mobs, can drop gear.

Has cash shop - to support developer

Free To Play - give some advantage to player who buy the game. free player are weaker than player that bought the game

Castle building (rebuilding) of existing foundations - yes this is awesome

Castles are siegeable and destroyable back to foundation, must be defended

Has housing systems.

Needs system - like food, drinks, desert. that give increasing status

and many more later

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited December 2015
    One vote for "evolution," please.

Same Old Features matter far less than Original Ideas.
  • VestigeGamerVestigeGamer Member UncommonPosts: 518
    DMKano said:
    Also f2p,p2p are payment models and not game features.
    Could they be, do you think?  When a store window or store ads pop up on my screen, it feels like a "feature" to me.

VG

• VestigeGamerVestigeGamer Member UncommonPosts: 518

Are you one who automatically likes "new features" just because they are new?  Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

VG

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Kyleran said:

As a reminder, its what are your favorite features?

I already said that earlier in the thread ... good combat gameplay, of course.
    I would have thought soloability would have been at the top.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The combat system is a very important part of any MMO, it can make or break them, it probably was a major contributor to Wildstars fail, along with the overly cartoony graphics, but i would rate it just as highly as the social tools in the game, neither one of these things seems to be a consideration for the OP?
    DMKano said:
    Could they be, do you think?  When a store window or store ads pop up on my screen, it feels like a "feature" to me.
    Features are supposed to be positive aspects to a game, which is the complete opposite of what store ads that pop up on your screen are. Unless you are advertising the game as P2W then describing F2P as a feature, only relates to how you pay for the game, not the aspects of the game itself. When F2P is a feature, then you are effectively stating that progress, in one form or another, can be purchased for cash.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    DMKano said:
    Absolutely, many titles are designed around their payment models (if not all) and in the case of f2p from the start games often feature quite prominently in not only advertising in game, but is part of the core gameplay.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83
    My answer is lacking from that list. Smooth, enjoyable moment to moment game play. 
    Lots of games have multiple of the features listed. They just lack the fun moment to moment game play.

• ThexReporterThexReporter Member UncommonPosts: 124
    No furry type races.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    No  Limp wristed PCness
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A complete game is the ONLY feature i want.If all you got for me is yellow question marks,linear questing and instances your game deserves a 1/10 for ingenuity and effort.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

That comes in a close second. Let me put it this way, i will still play a little if the combat is fun, and I have to hit a button to PUG. But if the combat (or associated gameplay .. like stealth) is boring, why would i waste time whether i am soloing or in group?

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I am actually surprised at PvP Arena/Battlegrounds.
    Considering how much developers insist in pushing it down our throat it is amazing to discover no one gives a shit.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Elsabolts said:
    No  Limp wristed PCness
    I didn't even think of that as an option, but it's a pretty good point.

Alot of cool features and systems get dumbed down or scrapped altogether once developers start worrying about the sensitives.
    ste2000 said:
    Considering how much developers insist in pushing it down our throat it is amazing to discover no one gives a shit.
    No one gives a shit HERE. It is a free world. Is there a reason why devs should not cater to those who like instanced pvp, and cater to you?

Some instanced pvp MMO like World of Tank is actually doing better than most MMORPGs. 
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

That comes in a close second. Let me put it this way, i will still play a little if the combat is fun, and I have to hit a button to PUG. But if the combat (or associated gameplay .. like stealth) is boring, why would i waste time whether i am soloing or in group?

Why in fuck would anyone play a boring game. Give your head a shake, detective clever.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    ste2000 said:
    No one gives a shit HERE. It is a free world. Is there a reason why devs should not cater to those who like instanced pvp, and cater to you?

Some instanced pvp MMO like World of Tank is actually doing better than most MMORPGs. 
    If I wanted an Arena, I'd go play LoL.   It's always somewhere around the 5th or 10th game I install after reinstalling windows.

They're trying to force it down your throats because of old data that shows that PvPers actually form communities that are tight nit enough to get that "community rentention mechanic" that MMOs need to survive.   It's hard to tell if that social dynamic is still large enough to matter now days, but judging by all the forum gripes about balance I imagine it still is but not as much as even a few years ago.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 355
    edited December 2015
    Immersion, either I buy into the world, my character and my role or I dont. If that doesnt work nothing will fix it.

After that - challenge, cant play if I am not dying. 
    anemo said:

They're trying to force it down your throats because of old data that shows that PvPers actually form communities that are tight nit enough to get that "community rentention mechanic" that MMOs need to survive.   It's hard to tell if that social dynamic is still large enough to matter now days, but judging by all the forum gripes about balance I imagine it still is but not as much as even a few years ago.
    I would say not. LoL has zero social dynamics (well, unless you count toxicity as a dynamic) and it is more successful than any MMOs. 
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Normally I'd expect pets, housing, and crafting to be considered as a package, since good pet -related play means crafting (i.e. capturing, breeding, training, merging, mutating, whatever) pets, and good housing means player-crafted housing.  What do you all think?
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    ste2000 said:

Stop talking as if I don't know the numbers.
    Try to read between the lines for once.
    I know how popular instanced PvP is.

MMORPG+Instanced PvP is not popular anymore, and probably never was (the combination of the 2).
    People who liked that kind of gameplay, played MMORPGs with Battlegrounds because they had no alternative.
    Now they have MOBAs and everyone is moving over there.
    Which is one of the reason why WoW is losing customers so fast in my opinion.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Most attractive feature? Fun.  If I find that it looks like fun, and actually is fun to play. The other pieces of the the puzzle seem to just fall into place.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    anemo said:

I would say not. LoL has zero social dynamics (well, unless you count toxicity as a dynamic) and it is more successful than any MMOs. 
    Totally agree with your statement.   LoL is specifically designed to only be an MMO in area's where it increases retention(leveling runes/masteries, friendslist that mostly just useful for out of game friends, and similar).

However in an MMO like WoW,  PvPers also used guild mechanics, they use PvE mechanics, crafting mechanics, and similar.   A PvPer, especially a twink got their best gameplay when they were part of a community.   Especially when you consider how much more support and mechanics they need to use compared to other characters.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    edited December 2015

Are you one who automatically likes "new features" just because they are new?  Nothing wrong with that, just wondering.
    After ten plus years of "same same same"?

Something evolutionary would be welcome. Essentially, yes, if its a big enough shift they'll win my bucks, even if it's one I may not like; better than Yet Another Formula production.

The genre needs fresh air, more than anything else.

The genre needs fresh air, more than anything else.
    more like gamers need to play games in other online genre, since many in this genre wants to define their genre very narrowly (which obviously not shared by websites and reviewers, but that is another story).