Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Ash - An RPG to Question One's Mortality -

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageTo Ash - An RPG to Question One's Mortality -

A new and quite different RPG is currently being developed by a therapist named Kyle Ballentine. The game is designed to give players pause to think of their character's, and perhaps their own, inevitable decline and their mortality. Rather than level up, players level down as they move through the game. As skills are lost, players rethink battles and strategies.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    his idea behind the game design is very interesting,more so than the game itself lol.

His take is from a first hand perspective being that he is a sort of doctor/therapist.

Yes it can be very stressful living with aging and problems that arise.However i feel too many people in this field write off other reasons and just blame aging.To me using aging as an excuse is just a scapegoat because you don't have the real answers.

Incorporating it into the game ,i feel won't be an accepted idea because players like to feel they are forever improving,they do not want a character that is getting worse over time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    Ok so this is a RPG maker game ? you buy RPG maker then make games like this ?

so anyone can make these little rpg's ? I never tried RPG maker but I don't understand how people make money selling RPG maker games
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Another idiot that does not get what the definition of a game is.  I think most of us play to have fun and I don't see anything fun about his design one bit!