Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware the Blow to the Head -- Blurred Vision Can Ensue - Fallout 4 News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

Beware the Blow to the Head -- Blurred Vision Can Ensue - Fallout 4 News

According to a new post at Polygon, and on several other sites, there is a new bug flying around in Fallout 4 that causes players to come down with blurred vision after a critical hit to the head. Others report that vision becomes black-and-white. Regardless of the affliction, vision is only returned to normal using a stimpak -- resting and other health fixes do not correct the issue.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I hardly ever see myself because I don't play third person. Pro tip though...Remember to place the explosive up high so that the bodies fly further.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Why the heck is the site clicking over to mobile when I'm on my PC and clicking a link?  That seems like a bug right there.  Can we get a report on that please?  With an essay.  Double spaced.  Blocked.  :)
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Ikeda said:
    Why the heck is the site clicking over to mobile when I'm on my PC and clicking a link?  That seems like a bug right there.  Can we get a report on that please?  With an essay.  Double spaced.  Blocked.  :)

Will do!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• museandalimuseandali Member UncommonPosts: 67
    this.. this is a joke, right? the game explains the crippled limbs system including blurred vision scoped, and the inability to scope with a busted arm in the loading screens. This is seriously like my time raiding in WoW during the lich king era, in frozen throne, and some asshole asks "who is this Arthas person people keep talking about, we're here to fight the lich king"
  • SoulsemmerSoulsemmer Member UncommonPosts: 28
    museandali said:
    this.. this is a joke, right? the game explains the crippled limbs system including blurred vision scoped, and the inability to scope with a busted arm in the loading screens. This is seriously like my time raiding in WoW during the lich king era, in frozen throne, and some asshole asks "who is this Arthas person people keep talking about, we're here to fight the lich king"

This is kind of hilarious these are being called bugs. It really is like people don't know the crippled limb system...
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    SBFord said:
    Ikeda said:
    Why the heck is the site clicking over to mobile when I'm on my PC and clicking a link?  That seems like a bug right there.  Can we get a report on that please?  With an essay.  Double spaced. Blocked. 
    Will do!
    There must be some good reason why SBFord didn't fix the link?

Would it then break it for mobile version instead if you had it pointing to the non-mobile version of mmorpg.com

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    The person who wrote the article has tried the standard ways to remove crippled limb effects. They are still experiencing the effects. It does appear to be a bug. They are also playing on a console.

The depth of field vision displayed in the video is not the blurred vision effect of a crippled head. A crippled head causes everything to be blurry. Not just stuff 30 feet away.

This issue appears to be more related to the depth of field settings being set very short. Since I don't own a console I don't know if they have access to the console version of a PC's .ini file.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    edited November 2015
    Well at least you can clear it up with a stimpack.
    Not ideal that you must have and use one to fix the bug but it sure beats there not being to work around.
    Here is hoping it gets patched out soon.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Thourne said:
    Well at least you can clear it up with a stimpack.
    Not ideal that you must have and use one to fix the bug but it sure beats there not being to work around.
    Here is hoping it gets patched out soon.
    That is working as intended and is not a bug. Crippled limbs have always been healed by using stimpacks. In Fallout 1, 2, 3 & New Vegas you could gain a perk to heal crippled limbs by sleeping. In Fallout 4 healing crippled limbs by sleeping is an innate 'skill'. 
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams