Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The death of ESO - PvP

Comments

• etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    QQ some more :chuffed: 

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Brenics said:

You're wasting your time mate. All we can do here is what we've done since the games launch, and then again when the theory the game was going buy to play surfaced. And that's to wave bye bye as the fans who deny that anything could be possibly rotten in paradise, slip deeper into the briny deep.

Which is a shame, as I feel this game has some brilliant design ideas, but sadly the developers seem to be unable to make them mesh together as a whole.

Sad but I agree 100% with you. The game could of been great but when you put people in key positions that have no real clue what they are doing there just isn't any hope for the game. I really wanted it to survive and make it as big as wow but as of now I don't see it lasting another year unless some miracle happens.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:

You're wasting your time mate. All we can do here is what we've done since the games launch, and then again when the theory the game was going buy to play surfaced. And that's to wave bye bye as the fans who deny that anything could be possibly rotten in paradise, slip deeper into the briny deep.

Which is a shame, as I feel this game has some brilliant design ideas, but sadly the developers seem to be unable to make them mesh together as a whole.

Sad but I agree 100% with you. The game could of been great but when you put people in key positions that have no real clue what they are doing there just isn't any hope for the game. I really wanted it to survive and make it as big as wow but as of now I don't see it lasting another year unless some miracle happens.
    There will be plenty of pvers beyond a year. PvPrs though? I don't know. The people who have played since launch are getting very restless. The announcement of no pvp justice system and no new skill lines is weighing real heavy. The console people seem to be fine though. 

People in key positions who have no clue? Erick Wrobel. The game has taken a turn in a different direction since he has been in charge of both itemization AND skills. One of those is a colossal job for anyone considering all ESO has. Both is too much for anyone, definitely for him. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    bcbully said:
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:

There will be plenty of pvers beyond a year. PvPrs though? I don't know. The people who have played since launch are getting very restless. The announcement of no pvp justice system and no new skill lines is weighing real heavy. The console people seem to be fine though. 

People in key positions who have no clue? Erick Wrobel. The game has taken a turn in a different direction since he has been in charge of both itemization AND skills. One of those is a colossal job for anyone considering all ESO has. Both is too much for anyone, definitely for him. 
    I don't want to just hang it all on Wrobel's shoulders. Sure I'm not happy with a lot of the things that have changed under his watch, but for me from the get go its felt like there has been some kind of constant internal struggle with game mechanics. The game from inception seems to have suffered from a very schizophrenic development process and for the life of me I don't understand why.
    Maybe Paul Sage was more important than a lot of us thought as creative director. I thought the brains was Fior. I not so sure now.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    bcbully said:
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:

I don't want to just hang it all on Wrobel's shoulders. Sure I'm not happy with a lot of the things that have changed under his watch, but for me from the get go its felt like there has been some kind of constant internal struggle with game mechanics. The game from inception seems to have suffered from a very schizophrenic development process and for the life of me I don't understand why.
    Maybe Paul Sage was more important than a lot of us thought as creative director. I thought the brains was Fior. I not so sure now.
    I would love to hear what he has to say about what went down and why he left. It may be a few years but am sure we will find out Sage refused to compromise on certain way's he thought the game should run and he was forced out. Right now Matt and Eric need to be shown the door and if we can't get Sage back then someone that has some kind of clue how an Elder Scrolls game should be run and knows a little about balance.

Also I hate to say it because a lot of people love them but we need better community management. If you really look at it, everyone that works for ZoS are just bad at their job. Also how they treat the customers has to be one of the worse ways to run a business.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    The game could of (sic) been great.
    Ahh, the exit cry of the PvP locust swarm. All of you realm vs realm PvPers would have (correct use) left for the next RvR game anyway.

Could have been great is what all PvPers say when it's time they swarm on to the next game. Since they only accept a game that is exactly what they want and no game will ever be exactly what they want they continually move on looking for the one true game.

So yea, see ya! Time for this game to be more Elder Scrolls and less eSports, anyway.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

Velocinox said:
    Brenics said:
    Ahh, the exit cry of the PvP locust swarm. All of you realm vs realm PvPers would have (correct use) left for the next RvR game anyway.

Could have been great is what all PvPers say when it's time they swarm on to the next game.

So yea, see ya! Time for this game to be more Elder Scrolls and less eSports, anyway.
    Sorry never was big on PvP. Sad how you want to label people. Just FYI I still play it (from beta) and support it (have a little hope left they make the game better) but after 2 years when they treat you like crap and still won't address the bugs from beta, you get a little upset.

I have been through the original guys that were around at live and beta. I seen the new crowd come in from all the sales. Now I see these people starting to understand exactly what we were talking about. Now they are repeating exactly what we would write about on the forums. This is the first MMO I have ever seen where the devs have no clue what they are doing or how to do their jobs. Any thread that complains about the problems with the game are ignored by ZoS until they end up warning and or banning the person and even then never deal with what the thread was about. ESO/ZoS has major problems and it isn't going to get better in the long run, they already have a bad reputation and it isn't getting any better.

edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    Velocinox said:
    Brenics said:

Could have been great is what all PvPers say when it's time they swarm on to the next game.

Sorry never was big on PvP. Sad how you want to label people. Just FYI I still play it (from beta) and support it (have a little hope left they make the game better) but after 2 years when they treat you like crap and still won't address the bugs from beta, you get a little upset.

I have been through the original guys that were around at live and beta. I seen the new crowd come in from all the sales. Now I see these people starting to understand exactly what we were talking about. Now they are repeating exactly what we would write about on the forums. This is the first MMO I have ever seen where the devs have no clue what they are doing or how to do their jobs. Any thread that complains about the problems with the game are ignored by ZoS until they end up warning and or banning the person and even then never deal with what the thread was about. ESO/ZoS has major problems and it isn't going to get better in the long run, they already have a bad reputation and it isn't getting any better.
    You're not into PvP? Sad how you can't read a thread title before agreeing with it.

The game is not getting worse, it's getting better. And from that list of problems in the second post of this page I only recognize one or two that are generally accepted as issues. The rest are corner cases that had to have been culled by the poster skimming the ESO tech support forums trying to amass a list he could use to support his shaky agenda.
    Post edited by Velocinox on

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Anyone who has been in corporate meetings can understand why the game does some things really well and other things appear to come out of left filed.  Take SWG for example.  You had some really creative people being managed by supervisors who are under pressure to perform and increase profits.  

I'm thinking ESO is much the same.  There focus is on subs and the cash shop, bugs take up manpower that is best used to work on the new shiny dlc that the hype engine can use to keep people playing and spending money.  This game is pretty good at announcing the next big thing and as long as the bugs aren't show-stoppers they don't really care.  This games feels like it's being managed by an investment company, imo.  Kinda like when the Syfy channel was being supervised by people who didn't really like Science Fiction.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ESO_LAGESO_LAG Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited January 2016
    Velocinox said:
    Brenics said:
    Velocinox said:
    Brenics said:

You're not into PvP? Sad how you can't read a thread title before agreeing with it.

The game is not getting worse, it's getting better. And from that list of problems in the second post of this page I only recognize one or two that are generally accepted as issues. The rest are corner cases that had to have been culled by the poster skimming the ESO tech support forums trying to amass a list he could use to support his shaky agenda.

I would like you to provide actual facts and what you disagree with. Please remember this a PvP thread and has nothing to do with PvE. If your arguments are around PvE then please move on.
    Post edited by ESO_LAG on
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited January 2016
    ESO_LAG said:
    Every patch the game is getting worse and here are just a few reasons why a majority of the PvP community has left:

The horrible lag, broken cc system, ability bars locking up, aoe caps decision, and the worst of them all is the complete lack of communication from ZOS or care about the PvP side.

They had a poll on the ESO official forums regarding the aoe caps.

500 voted for it
    3,000+ voted against it

Zenimax made the decision to make the change and ignore the player base. The result almost every major guild left the game and now the servers can't handle everyone stacking as a ball group to get heals because of the aoe caps.

The game is unplayable 50% of the day.

Welcome to ESO!
    a) there have ALWAYS been OP classes in ESO, no idea what shocks you about em now, years after ^^ (i remembet those stupid shield-dragon thingie tanks in pvp from day 1)
    b) 3500 votes? a player driven voting, on a medium where according to experience only the loudest of people communicate, is nothing that is a MUST DO for a developer. people should try to understand that some day.
    c) what is this post? you think zenimax will listen now? that you used to propper medium (an external forum), and do everything you request so YOUR game will be like YOU want it!? (Screw the rest eh, after all 3500 votes MUST be all players *G*)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ESO_LAGESO_LAG Member UncommonPosts: 59
    edited January 2016
    Thane said:
    ESO_LAG said:
    Every patch the game is getting worse and here are just a few reasons why a majority of the PvP community has left:

The horrible lag, broken cc system, ability bars locking up, aoe caps decision, and the worst of them all is the complete lack of communication from ZOS or care about the PvP side.

500 voted for it
    3,000+ voted against it

Zenimax made the decision to make the change and ignore the player base. The result almost every major guild left the game and now the servers can't handle everyone stacking as a ball group to get heals because of the aoe caps.

Welcome to ESO!
    a) there have ALWAYS been OP classes in ESO, no idea what shocks you about em now, years after ^^ (i remembet those stupid shield-dragon thingie tanks in pvp from day 1)
    b) 3500 votes? a player driven voting, on a medium where according to experience only the loudest of people communicate, is nothing that is a MUST DO for a developer. people should try to understand that some day.
    c) what is this post? you think zenimax will listen now? that you used to propper medium (an external forum), and do everything you request so YOUR game will be like YOU want it!? (Screw the rest eh, after all 3500 votes MUST be all players *G*)

Uhm what? This sounds like the ramblings of a 12 year old or a drunk person. I never asked Zenimax to listen to this post since it's clear they don't on the official ESO forums. I never said 3500 votes must be all the players. Another fun fact after they made this change I don't think I have seen a poll with a 3,000 + votes in it since then. That should tell you something.........

ESO_LAG said:
    Velocinox said:
    Brenics said:
    Velocinox said:
    Brenics said:

I would like you to provide actual facts and what you disagree with. Please remember this a PvP thread and has nothing to do with PvE. If your arguments are around PvE then please move on.
    Facts? You mean that thing you avoid like a capable and ready PvP opponent?

edited January 2016
    I said never was big on it, didn't say i didn't do it. If you play MMO's you better be prepared to fight in PvP.

The game is in trouble and if this 64x shit don't fix a lot of the lag issues (without DX12 I really don't see it happening) the game will sink even faster. We need better people leading this game and company, Matt isn't that one and Eric isn't helping it get better, in fact it seems like he is making things worse.

As far as their Community Manager, they need to hire a good one.

• mmorpgoldtimermmorpgoldtimer Member CommonPosts: 8
    ESO_LAG said:

ps4 eso :  tarp for noobs.

pc esou : when you really dont have anythign better to do then spend money on a no brainer game.

get max crit  via crit set use divine trait  and thief mundus stone and youre set to complete the game on 16348 different chars since your gears are all bound to account

• TroubleHunterTroubleHunter Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Pvp indeed killed it for me. That cyrodill endless zerg & endless horse rides made me quit. 
  • FaugaunFaugaun Member UncommonPosts: 3
    ESO_LAG said:

500 voted for it
    3,000+ voted against it

Welcome to ESO!
    @ESO_LAG common now the lag isn't that bad....sounds like you have a connection or computer issue....yeah when 100 v 100 v 100 shows up in an area there are problems but thats when I hightail it to another keep and capture it..think like a fo my friend. Also spread out on other servers and the issue is gone.
    Faugaun said:
    ESO_LAG said:

500 voted for it
    3,000+ voted against it

Welcome to ESO!
    @ESO_LAG common now the lag isn't that bad....sounds like you have a connection or computer issue....yeah when 100 v 100 v 100 shows up in an area there are problems but thats when I hightail it to another keep and capture it..think like a fo my friend. Also spread out on other servers and the issue is gone.
    Why is it always the players fault? You need to do this or that, is just BS. It is up to the developers to fix it so players do not run into issues like this. With your logic the players (customers) should not only support the game with cash but also learn how to run away from lag issues. What's next, players need to learn how to run away from bugs?

Comments like this just amaze me. B)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The game was originally designed around PVP. It was clear from day one that the AvA was their design crown jewel. Segregation of the PVE around the three alliance theme only made sense in that context.

So what happened? As popular and enjoyable as PVP was for some of us, it was obvious a month after launch that the vast majority weren't interested. They planned for many campaigns and the reality was that they overestimated the number of campaigns needed by a huge amount.

Firor always was (and still is to some extent) the driving force behind the PVP focus. Sage was always soft on that and was making noise very early on about softening the PVE segregation restrictions. Even though he left, his ideas are starting to make it into the game as evidenced by the cross-alliance group finder matching soon to be expanded into cross-alliance instance groups made without the group finder.

Bottom line: they miscalculated the appeal of DAoC-style, 3-sided RvR with the general MMORPG-playing public. No matter how much some of us like it, in the grand scheme of mass-market MMORPGs it's a niche interest. The portion of players who want to only solo / group to do PVE things is much greater than those who want to RvR... sad but true.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Eternio said:
    Pvp indeed killed it for me. That cyrodill endless zerg & endless horse rides made me quit. 

So now you are either playing GW2 or you just don't like massive pvp.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Iselin said:

Bottom line: they miscalculated the appeal of DAoC-style, 3-sided RvR with the general MMORPG-playing public. No matter how much some of us like it, in the grand scheme of mass-market MMORPGs it's a niche interest. The portion of players who want to only solo / group to do PVE things is much greater than those who want to RvR... sad but true.
    Yup, luckily for ZOS they didn't bet the farm on a "pure" RVR design, else they would've lost that farm.

ZOS built the massive Cyrodiil, everyone came... and left not too long after. Just as they do in every PVP-focused game. Everyone had their diverse reasons for quitting (as usual), but quit they did.

The PVE'ers remain in their hundreds of thousands and continue to pay the bills.

ZOS are still trying to support the PVP elements, but it must be quite clear by now where their revenue base is, and where they should focus future development spend.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    When it comes to the Enforcer bit of the Justice System.. I can see why they decided now to not go ahead with it. They would have to design it in a way that would not flag those that would not want to be flagged with some sort of bounty threshhold. At that point very few players would actually go over that to be flagged. And even then you would have new players not know go over and then be killed.. That wouldnt be good.

Hopefully with that out of the way they can work on an Arena system. I believe that would be more successful as a whole than RvR ever has been. Then they could redesign Cyrodil into something better which wouldnt be bad considering Molag Bal story line is done and over.
  • PurplePoloPlayerPurplePoloPlayer Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I was hopeful for this game's PvP knowing former DAoC devs were helping with design. Unfortunately they couldn't deliver.

Good PvP games need to be designed with PvP as the primary focus.  We simply need to wait for Camelot Unchained and Crowfall to release.

Check out my stream at www.twitch.tv/purplepoloplayer!
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I just wish they would just go with a good ole open world design. Have a pve-megaserver and a pvp-megaserver. No travel restrictions from level 1 up.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I usually PvE in ESO. At first I thought my time spent in Cyrodiil would be huge. But animation canceling killed the "idea" of PvPing in ESO for me.