Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejoin now or wait?

Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
My wife and I are planning on coming back for pre x pac stuff and x pac. We have a ton of achievments etc still to do , and haven t seen Taanan Jungle or shipyards etc yet. We re casual and only play 2-3 days a week, and 1-3 hours on those days tops. Should we come back now, or wait till the pre event starts. Is there a lot of old raids/dungeons to get transmog etc? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Your call of course. You seem to have doubts however.

Enjoyment is the key naturally. Taanan Jungle a) didn't go down that well and b) wasn't that major; its on YouTube so you can see what you are missing etc. Shipyards: still loathed on the EU and US forums if you check those out (not an isolated post either).

What might be a bigger concern are the incoming class changes b) and possibly population; depending on what server you play on - again see the forums

If there were no other big games coming out then ...... but its Christmas and there is stuff being released to suit all tastes.  And bumper packs of the releases we didn't get to play first time around with the DLC etc. And whilst a new game is always a risk the new and shiny features can go a long way.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Right now you can get the game with the last expansion for about $12. . I would say now is good.  Or wait a year for the next one.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Aethaeryn said:
    Right now you can get the game with the last expansion for about $12. . I would say now is good.  Or wait a year for the next one.

Actually that is incorrect, the WoD expansion is on sale for $12, it does not include the base game.

If you buy a new account $5 (includes every except WoD plus 30 days of game time).  Add another $12 and you get the whole enchilada.  <<< Best Option

If you already have a WoW account (not free), you already have everything up to WoD, you just need to pay a sub to access it ($15).  Then you can buy WoD at the sale price of $12.  You're in for $27 as opposed to only $17 with the previous option.  <<< Next Best Option

If you wait until the sale is over, you will spend $50 for the expansion and another $15 to actually play it (sub).  If you don't even have an account, that's another $20 for the base game.  <<< Worst Possible Option

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    why am I not surprised the gold sellers spam the wow forum lol
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    My suggestion is to wait and re-subscribe about 3 months before Legion comes.
  • StarplanStarplan Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Join now =)
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    edited December 2015

gervaise1 said:
    Your call of course. You seem to have doubts however.

Not sure where you saw that anywhere in their post.

Anyway, they've added a crap ton of pets/toys/mounts to get with Tanaan Jungle and the on-going Winter Veil Festival has new mounts/pets/toys to get as well. Goes from the 16th of December to 2nd of January. So if you don't hop in now, you'll miss the opportunity to get those, least till next year.

You might wanna hop in now and amass a good bit of gold before Legion with garrisons, as its highly likely gold income from garrisons will be nerfed even more when Legion drops. My garrisons pay for 2 wow tokens every week(obviously not buying 2 a week, but thats how much i'm making). So with proper garrisons, you won't even have to pay a sub to play the game(not to mention it hardly requires any work to set them up right).

I'm just massing up gold and once I have enough and see a decent price for tokens, gonna buy a years worth of tokens all at once so i'll be set for Legion and won't feel the need to farm or do anything specifically for money if i don't want to.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!