Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Closed Beta Test to Begin on December 16th | Black Desert | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageFirst Closed Beta Test to Begin on December 16th | Black Desert | MMORPG.com

Daum EU has announced that the first European / North American / Oceania closed beta event will begin on Wednesday, December 16th and run through Tuesday, December 22nd. Players will be able to choose from Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, Wizard or the Tamer classes. To show off the newly-included Tamer, Daum has posted a brand new video to show off the Tamer and the class abilities.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WodgeWodge Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Still no word on there being player trading or not. C'mon Daum, let us know already!
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    100$ for beta access to a game that's already been released? I think I'll pass. I'm sick and tired of these publishers using beta as some marketing tool. Beta used to be for actual testing not shameless cash grabbing. This just looks like Archeage with better graphics and even less content.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited November 2015
    Passing anyway tired of PVP only endgames.... I mean what's with all these new games and there PVP only endgames...... And yeah, yeah, I know that there is plenty of PVE games out there but I would have liked to have tried this it's gorgeous and there just hurting themselves by hardly having any pve content at endgame.......
  • niknaisniknais Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I hate that they left Baltic countries outside service teritory. We must play with russians...
  • MihoshiKMihoshiK Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Wodge said:
    Still no word on there being player trading or not. C'mon Daum, let us know already!

Reading helps:

For CBT 1, we will test a set of items to be tradeable. We will try to share the exact list before CBT 1.
    However, the trading system is a very sensitive matter, so we will gather as much feedback as possible during CBT 1 and do our best to find a solution. Please bear in mind that despite the seemingly restrictive trading system, it is deeply interconnected with the game’s design and intentions. Therefore, we would like to ask everyone to take their time whilst evaluating this feature.
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    As a hardcore pvper me and my guild are looking forward to it!
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MihoshiKMihoshiK Member UncommonPosts: 26
    donger56 said:
    100$ for beta access to a game that's already been released? I think I'll pass. I'm sick and tired of these publishers using beta as some marketing tool. Beta used to be for actual testing not shameless cash grabbing. This just looks like Archeage with better graphics and even less content.

They will give out free CBT keys too. And you can just wait for release and pay 29.99 to play. No need to buy the more expensive packages.

Alternatively you can of course play the Korean or Russian version, like you mentioned it is already released there.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Really like the dark cycles where you need a lantern.

Not a big fan of setting the level cap to 50. One of the ways to avoid p2w and reward playing-to-win is having unlimited levels so you can outlevel any potentially bought gear.
  • uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    The gmae looks intresting just waiting for a open beta or tiral of the game. not really into droping 50-100 on beta weekends to find out the game is not what i want. looks intresting though. wish t
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Oh no...no you don't...! I'm never going to pay into a game ever again before release, starting with this one. Wasted too much money in the past on games which ultimately don't deliver.*cough...Devilian...cough*
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    woot can't wait.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• masaki23masaki23 Member UncommonPosts: 43
    No ninja girl yet. might wait on this one
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Need a male sorc

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited November 2015
    Double post.

Wodge said:

For CBT 1, we will test a set of items to be tradeable. We will try to share the exact list before CBT 1.
    However, the trading system is a very sensitive matter, so we will gather as much feedback as possible during CBT 1 and do our best to find a solution. Please bear in mind that despite the seemingly restrictive trading system, it is deeply interconnected with the game’s design and intentions. Therefore, we would like to ask everyone to take their time whilst evaluating this feature.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
      *sits and pouts waiting for the Blader*

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34
    What the hell this game got no bard class

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    niknais said:
    I hate that they left Baltic countries outside service teritory. We must play with russians...

Ugh. Seriously? I guess they assume we all speak Russian?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    they lowered PvP lvl to 30. Crap. No endgame but Pvp? I'll pass.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Tokken said:
    they lowered PvP lvl to 30. Crap. No endgame but Pvp? I'll pass.

Upped =) was 20 in alpha is 30 now in cbt1

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    uller30 said:
    The gmae looks intresting just waiting for a open beta or tiral of the game. not really into droping 50-100 on beta weekends to find out the game is not what i want. looks intresting though. wish t

There won't be an open beta. But keep an eye out for beta keys. if that doesn't work out. A friend might be able to give you a guest pass. I believe those are included with all of the pre order packs. Keep in mind though. These guest passes do not give access to the betas. It will be for release

Good luck