Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday Deals for the Savvy Gamer a General Article at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Friday Deals for the Savvy Gamer a General Article at MMORPG.com

It's that time of year when little elves come along while everyone is still sleeping off the turkey inhaled the day before...in the United States anyway. In their tiny hands, they carry the news that Black Friday has arrived and with it, deals of epic proportion for the savvy gamer. We've gathered together as many Black Friday deals from the games you love and put them in a one-stop-shop for your reading pleasure.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Picked up ED and a few others. Have to pace myself as the sales will run off and on all through the holidays.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Octagon7711 said:
    Picked up ED

I'm sorry to hear that. They make pills these days to help with it though.
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    edited November 2015
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    FrodoFragins said:
    Octagon7711 said:

Picked up ED

I'm sorry to hear that. They make pills these days to help with it though.

Thanks for the laugh :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    ED the sock??Cool nice find,did it come with a Gallagher poster?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Lol that kid in the first picture is too hilarious
  • c0796c0796 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    That pic of the little fatty (Honey boo-boo?) almost made me lol.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    edited November 2015
    You forgot ESO Base game 60% off through publisher or Steam and huge deals on Crowns, etc. Can pick up the base game and all DLC's for less than the normal base game. http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/11/23/celebrate-black-fredas-with-big-sales
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Thanks for this!
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Witcher 3 for 30$. I'm in!

Hodor!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Well Elite:Dangerous is discounted to ridicilous level, so get it.

And Witcher 3 ... if you dont have it, what are you waiting for....

Also ARK is lowest price it has ever been

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    TESO is also $23. Tempting, but I'll wait for a free trial, buddy key offer, or something along those lines.

Elite: Dangerous is also really tempting, but I don't know how well the game will play with a keyboard / mouse, and I'm not buying a joystick for one game.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Thanks for the suggestions! Adding!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited November 2015
    Wicher 3 is also 50% off on GOG (same deal as Steam for what ive seen)

Theres also classic D&D bundle Baldurs Gate 1/2, NWN 1/2, IWD 1/2 and more for 20 euros.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2015
    CDPR: Witcher 3 50% on steamy place, seriously? I mean, at least with this one you could put there their own gog.com store :wink:
    Especially since there's a sale on all Witcher titles (the board game as well). And the D&D bundles. And the Trek bundle :lol:

edit: since @Malabooga was faster by a minute, I'd add to the list LotRO :wink: 5 bucks for the skirmish packs, 5 bucks the expansions. (except Helm's Deep which is 10, and Mirkwood which is only 2.50)

edit2 if you don't mind Suzie :wink:  just a correction to the gog bundles you added: the gold box bundle is not 8 titles, since it's a recursive one (2 games and 6 bundles :lol: ) so it contains 22 games. Literally every d&d game from the early '90s which is not in the "big" d&d bundle (the other one with Baldur's gate, etc.).
    Post edited by Po_gg on
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    edited November 2015
    ED is only just a good deal, because the expansion is out in a week or two and that includes the base game.

However, you do get a discount if you pre-order the expansion and already own the base game, which is equal to the cost of this sale price.

e.g. in the UK

Elite Dangerous: £10 in the sale (down from £30)
    Horizons (inc ED) pre-order: £40
    Horizons pre-order if you own ED: £30

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Done @Po_gg ; :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Po_gg said:
    edit: since @Malabooga was faster by a minute, I'd add to the list LotRO :wink: 5 bucks for the skirmish packs, 5 bucks the expansions. (except Helm's Deep which is 10, and Mirkwood which is only 2.50)

Both LOTRO and DDO have 85% off expansions and other bits and pieces. Both via Steam and the website.
  • iczekiczek Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited November 2015
    I'm very interested in ESO. Steam has quite a few positive reviews. I may go ahead and purchase it off of Steam. Great sale and thanks for posting all of this. Edit: I just purchased ESO on Steam. I'm excited to be playing it soon.
    Post edited by iczek on
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Refunded myself ED from Steam after not even being able to control movement with a mouse and keyboard (at least not without a ton of unneeded frustration).

Smile

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Solar_Prophet said:
    TESO is also $23. Tempting, but I'll wait for a free trial, buddy key offer, or something along those lines.

Elite: Dangerous is also really tempting, but I don't know how well the game will play with a keyboard / mouse, and I'm not buying a joystick for one game.

It is really bad with a keyboard and mouse, and because I'm weird I find joysticks annoying so I had to refund it.

Smile

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited November 2015
    NomadMorlock said:
    You forgot ESO

Base game 60% off through publisher or Steam and huge deals on Crowns, etc. Can pick up the base game and all DLC's for less than the normal base game.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/11/23/celebrate-black-fredas-with-big-sales

Steam is known to start prices at original FULL Price before applying the discount. they are sneaky.
    You can still get ESO cheaper at https://www.g2a.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited-cd-key-global.html

I stopped buying from Steam since you can goto G2A and get the same Game Keys (FROM STEAM) cheaper.

You're welcome :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• KayAndroidKayAndroid Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Thanks for the info MMORPG.com!
    The time has finally come for me to buy Elite: Dangerous :o.
  • KalmporosKalmporos Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Bioware also offers a discount on their SWTOR market currency.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Razeekster said:
    Solar_Prophet said:

It is really bad with a keyboard and mouse, and because I'm weird I find joysticks annoying so I had to refund it.

I have no problem playing ED with mouse/keyboard. I was told it was impossible but I think they were just being dramatic. When I play with mouse/keyboard my friend thought I was using a joystick, its really actually pretty easy to control.