Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toxic Players to Lose Crafting & Loot Opportunities - League of Legends News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageToxic Players to Lose Crafting & Loot Opportunities - League of Legends News

In a new interview with Polygon, League of Legends social systems developer Jeffery Lin revealed that toxic players will be losing at least a pair of opportunities in the game once the massive number of 2016 updates begin to hit.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    They also have a tribunal system for when players are flagged. Players then review the information, and are rewarded, for making correct assessments of the situation. So there are some safeguards against this, but there is always a risk of abuse.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    DMKano said:
    The problem with giving players the power to flag others as toxic and then penalizing players based on that always creates opportunities for abuse where a non-toxic player becomes a target of a malicious group.

I am not sure but I believe Riot stuff control reports before banning or restricting players and they even let you know via email and send you in game chat with your negative attitude to prove your bad behavior so I wouldn't consider it as abusing.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    edited November 2015
    DMKano said:
    The problem with giving players the power to flag others as toxic and then penalizing players based on that always creates opportunities for abuse where a non-toxic player becomes a target of a malicious group.

if your looking for the perfect solution it does not exist.  The system should work as designed most all of the time and that's all anyone can ask for.  No one should design a system based on the edge case, it will be completely useless, our government does it all the time.  Or "lets just not do anything because there's a chance what you do might negatively effect someone" doesn't work either.

I don't want to live it a world that's based on trying to find the perfect solution before doing anything. I'm okay with the casualties of war even if its me or my loved ones.