Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online turns it around and posts massive Q3 profit!!!

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
OK.  Not quite.  Roughly $18k USD but it's their first since they launched way back in 2010.  Still down roughly $80k YTD.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I know that one of their staff and founders comes from a monied family, I just don't understand how losing eighty thousand dollars a year would be acceptable to anyone. Who's bank rolling this, exactly? Isn't it family members of a dude who's involved?

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Oh, man

18k USD. Thats barely enough for all team member paychecks.

Well at least its not losing money...

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I know that one of their staff and founders comes from a monied family, I just don't understand how losing eighty thousand dollars a year would be acceptable to anyone. Who's bank rolling this, exactly? Isn't it family members of a dude who's involved?
    Probably because 80k/yr for hobbies is nothing to rich people and its not just a hobby. If he is doing what he loves and has the money to afford the loss, I say go for it.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Dullahan said:
    Probably because 80k/yr for hobbies is nothing to rich people and its not just a hobby. If he is doing what he loves and has the money to afford the loss, I say go for it.

True.

But with all the poison from toxic MMO (and gaming community), i wonder if its worth it ?

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    edited November 2015
    Dullahan said:

True.

But with all the poison from toxic MMO (and gaming community), i wonder if its worth it ?

Likely. It's their world that they can lord over and manipulate.   You've seen the accusations with  how the game is run. Not very professional at times in the past.   I'd say if they have the money to burn that's a good enough reason.

Edit: Basically the drama in and out of game is part of the fun to them I am sure.   Recall all the cross posting a gm's coming over here trying stirring crap up?
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Definitely, if they have the means to sink eighty thousand a year on an unfulfilled dream, then obviously money isn't a huge problem. It would explain a lot, though, if it were family members that were controlling the purse strings on this. Otherwise, I can't imagine outside investors, no matter their passion, sticking around for as long as MO has had a chance to turn a profit.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Well, it is good news that things finally seems to go in the right direction, lets hope they can continue like this.