Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for new class recommendations

BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
edited November 2015 in Final Fantasy XIV
I am really struggling to enjoy my Warrior with the current focus on tanks (and healers) being damage dealers.  If I am going to focus on dealing damage, I want to play a DPS class.  I tried levelling Machinist since the design of the class appealed to me, but I didn't like how weak it felt and gauss barrel just made me feel like a weak mage.

My understanding is that WM makes bards suffer the same problem, and that BLM have even less mobility, which I am not a fan of.  I am not really digging the "keep up these buffs on yourself and these debuffs on all enemies" focus some classes have, and the long GCD with lots of long off GCD cooldowns are also things I could do without.

In MMORPGs when I dps I like classes that have a "flow" to them, that works up to a big hit.  I generally find being stuck in one place boring.  In WoW I enjoyed playing my druid and shaman (all specs), in Rift I enjoyed druid and shaman as well, in Skyforge I enjoyed Necro.  Any other MMOs I played either were not tab-target style or I played tanks/healers.  It seems to me that all the classes I have liked in other games had several shorter cooldown abilities.I hope somebody can tell me which class they play that they think would appeal to me.  As it is, I am not really enjoying my time with my warrior and machinist, and more and more frequently end up not bothering to log in at all.  Please give me your recommendations and help me get more out of the game!
Post edited by Baitness on

Comments

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    edited November 2015
    I would recommend Monk it has positional based combos so you keep moving, it flows well and gcd goes faster and faster as you build greased lightning affect. There aren't super long cool down on off gcd abilities either. Here is a flow chart on 50 rotation.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2521580/blog/245752/
    Thank you, gonna level this up next and see how it feels.

From the chart it does look like this is what I am talking about, looks like a real nice rhythm and flow to attacks.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Ninja