Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veteran Rank Removal Plans!

NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
A little context here before this gets too out of hand…
  1. We’re still working on the system – nothing is finalized. (which is why we’re not really talking much about it yet)
  2. The intention is that once you hit 50, champion points take over. Veteran Ranks are completely removed.
  3. When Veteran Ranks are removed, we will convert any Veteran Ranks on your highest character into CP.
  4. To get a rough idea of balance - think of 10CP = 1 VR. (so 160 CP will roughly = VR16)

Additional Details:
  • We’re planning on giving 2.5 CP for every VR level you’ve earned on your highest level character. (40 for a VR16 character)
  • When the conversion happens, any player with CP less than their old veteran rank * 10 will instead be given enough CP such that their total is VR * 10. For example: A player is VR14 with 75 CP, they will be given 65 CP (140-75) instead of 40, so that they can still equip any gear they may have.
  • We will make sure the 16 attribute picks you got from VR1 to VR16 will carry over. (current plan is an achievement that goes up in 10 CP increments until 160)

Keep in mind that none of the stuff above is 100% locked in. We're still implementing the feature - things are subject to change. It's important that everyone understands they are not suddenly going to have to have 501 CP in order to equip the top level gear. We will introduce new gear, with higher CP requirements sometime in the future, but we won't be making huge jumps. (i.e. - we won't go from 160 to 400 suddenly)

Once we finalize the system and lock in more of the details, we will discuss things in more detail and answer questions. 
Rich Lambert
Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2457704/#Comment_2457704

Comments

• Talon_DeathravenTalon_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 46
    If they remove this super duper grindy stuff i will come back to the game ! I feel very discouraged when i need to make more lvl after i hit cap lvl ! Doesn't make sense for me!
     And also the inventory :)) i hate it .....In rest game is very nice !
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    It's coming...
    With a 64 bit client...
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    If they remove this super duper grindy stuff i will come back to the game ! I feel very discouraged when i need to make more lvl after i hit cap lvl ! Doesn't make sense for me!
    It seems a bit odd to me as well, why not just set the levelcap higher from the start? 

Making the champion points account wide is a good move though (http://esoacademy.com/champion-system/ ), that makes more sense and is a bit closer to GW2s mastery points even though you can buy different things with them on different characters.

So it seems to be an improvement.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Loke666 said:
    It seems a bit odd to me as well, why not just set the levelcap higher from the start? 

Making the champion points account wide is a good move though (http://esoacademy.com/champion-system/ ), that makes more sense and is a bit closer to GW2s mastery points even though you can buy different things with them on different characters.

So it seems to be an improvement.

Champion Points have always been account wide. You have also been able to allocate them anyway you want on any of your toons.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    This might just make me more interested in the game, i could never stomach the VR grind.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Once I hit 50 then realised the massive grind still ahead I stopped playing. I just want to get max lvl then pvp all the time.

Much easier to level Alts as well. I think I might start working on one now. 
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    as some guys already said, if they remove this useless grind part i will install ESO again :pleased: 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Mad+Dog said:
    Once I hit 50 then realised the massive grind still ahead I stopped playing. I just want to get max lvl then pvp all the time.
    Yeah, this was me and my friends way of thinking, mostly so we could play together regularly.

When it became apparent how the VR system worked I was out of there in the first month, they persisted to about VR9 before they gave up.

This change could bring me back one day for another try.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Have several friends who are just waiting for this to come back.
    Kyleran said:
    Mad+Dog said:
    Yeah, this was me and my friends way of thinking, mostly so we could play together regularly.

When it became apparent how the VR system worked I was out of there in the first month, they persisted to about VR9 before they gave up.

The game is actually really solid now apart from the stupid VR system.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Kyleran said:
    Mad+Dog said:

Even if VR ranks are gone we will still have to grind for CP, so I am wondering if the idea of lowering the grind this way will be somewhat illusionary. For example the gear is still gated only by CP instead of veteran rank, and the CP themselves can confer some fairly large bonuses if you have enough of them.
    YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:
    Mad+Dog said:

Even if VR ranks are gone we will still have to grind for CP, so I am wondering if the idea of lowering the grind this way will be somewhat illusionary. For example the gear is still gated only by CP instead of veteran rank, and the CP themselves can confer some fairly large bonuses if you have enough of them.
    CP ranks are extremly fast now tho and account wide, so its a one time grinding making alts more viable aswell.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Why didn't this game just use good old regular levels like in WoW or EQ again?

YashaX said:
    Kyleran said:
    Mad+Dog said:

There is a catch up mechanic in place as well as a CP cap. The current cap is 501 and upon conversion VR 16 gear (top in game) will only take 160 CP to equip. Very easy to stay above the gear cap with casual play. 
    Did I mention the 64 bit client coming Q1 2016 along with all trials being updated to drop max level gear?  Player housing info coming after the release of the Theives Guild and Dark Brotherhood as well. 
    Did I mention the 64 bit client coming Q1 2016 along with all trials being updated to drop max level gear?  Player housing info coming after the release of the Theives Guild and Dark Brotherhood as well. 
    Yep things are finally looking up for ESO :) will be my game for a while to come along with a bit of BnS.

• SetzerSetzer Member UncommonPosts: 261
    This is almost enough to make me re-install the game and start playing again, for free anyways.  If they add an Auction House or maybe introduce a player market system with housing that is similar to what they did in DAoC, then I'd definitely re-sub.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Good. Now the only question is will ALL xp earned go to CP (even on non 50 alts) or just max level characters.