Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exploratory, need help.

HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
WARNING, this will be long, no TL;DR, don't be lazy and read. LOL

So me and my FC went to do Diadem last night. The first run was fantastic. I went in as my PLD and I got 2 pieces of 210 gear. Got other stuff too to trade for spoils. Could not ask for a perfect run. Played next to several groups and got tons of stuff.

Here is where it went bad. Our second run was the worst. So we unlocked flying, something we should have done the first time, found a grind spot and got to it. Well, after defeating 6, yes 6 STAR monsters, our group got no loot. NONE. For 70 minutes we got absolutely NOTHING. Some said it was our DPS, it was not, and others said it was because 2 groups, or 3, whatever, had created an alliance and the reason were not getting loot is because of that. I do not know if it is true or not. I can't find something that say's it is or is not the case.

So after getting really pissed, we broke off and went on our own. Got crap gear. Times up.

I also hear that HEALERS need to hit at least once to get credit. Again, I have no clue how true or false this is.

Does anybody know? Can anybody help?

Comments

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Are you sure it was not a DPS problem?  Unlike hunts, which are threat based participation, the Diadem is 100% damage based participation.  Everybody in your group should be doing as much damage as possible, my understanding is that heals count for absolutely nothing.  If anyone in your group left to gather, they were crippling your chances.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Baitness said:
    Are you sure it was not a DPS problem?  Unlike hunts, which are threat based participation, the Diadem is 100% damage based participation.  Everybody in your group should be doing as much damage as possible, my understanding is that heals count for absolutely nothing.  If anyone in your group left to gather, they were crippling your chances.
    No I figured it out. The groups were part of an alliance and those groups were getting all the cred. I know this because the first time through we lost 2 DRG's and was still getting chests from STAR monsters.