Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New UI Screenshots (?)

2»

Comments

• PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Aradune said:

Paladrink said:
    Fourplay said:
    I dislike the multiple window setup and prefer the one large menu with cycle tabs for switching menus...

http://i.imgur.com/2QpvAq8.jpg

Is this an actual screenshot of the UI? i think it's fine imho, may not be perfect but it's very polish. I like it.

Personally i think the only perfect UI was World of Warcraft due the ability to totally tweak it, but no game has came close since then, so as long as is polished and not eye burdening im fine with it.
    We did debate internally about whether to show screenshots with UI because since the game is pre-alpha, the UI is likely to evolve and change (and hopefully made better) the farther along we get into development.  We were concerned that some people might see the UI and assume it was final, or not see something that is important to them.  But in the end, we decided that it was even more important to show that the development of Pantheon is really coming along.  It's not just pretty environments and graphics.  There's really a playable game already, and a functional (but not finished, nor polished) UI.  We wanted to make sure people could see that many of the fundamental aspects of MMO gameplay are already in place and being tested internally.  So while most of the screenshots simply show off the world and the graphics, we intentionally did post a few that show combat, inventory, merchants, banks, etc.  
    I  am surprised that you are responding post Brad, thanks for the update. I'm glad you guys are doing progress and setting the goals. I also noticed the LB - RB on the menu on top, makes me guess you guys are putting some mind into controllers as well, my kudos to the team if so.

Please keep an eye from time to time on these forums, even so some of us have posted things on Pantheon forums sometimes good ideas come up from everywhere and I a m sure you know that, but keep us up hopefully this time we see the game flying as it should be.

As a 20 years veteran on the MMOs this probably will be one of my last shots, and you have the calls, do not let us down.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Paladrink said:
    Aradune said:

Paladrink said:
    Fourplay said:
    I dislike the multiple window setup and prefer the one large menu with cycle tabs for switching menus...

http://i.imgur.com/2QpvAq8.jpg

Is this an actual screenshot of the UI? i think it's fine imho, may not be perfect but it's very polish. I like it.

Personally i think the only perfect UI was World of Warcraft due the ability to totally tweak it, but no game has came close since then, so as long as is polished and not eye burdening im fine with it.
    We did debate internally about whether to show screenshots with UI because since the game is pre-alpha, the UI is likely to evolve and change (and hopefully made better) the farther along we get into development.  We were concerned that some people might see the UI and assume it was final, or not see something that is important to them.  But in the end, we decided that it was even more important to show that the development of Pantheon is really coming along.  It's not just pretty environments and graphics.  There's really a playable game already, and a functional (but not finished, nor polished) UI.  We wanted to make sure people could see that many of the fundamental aspects of MMO gameplay are already in place and being tested internally.  So while most of the screenshots simply show off the world and the graphics, we intentionally did post a few that show combat, inventory, merchants, banks, etc.  
    I  am surprised that you are responding post Brad, thanks for the update. I'm glad you guys are doing progress and setting the goals. I also noticed the LB - RB on the menu on top, makes me guess you guys are putting some mind into controllers as well, my kudos to the team if so.

Please keep an eye from time to time on these forums, even so some of us have posted things on Pantheon forums sometimes good ideas come up from everywhere and I a m sure you know that, but keep us up hopefully this time we see the game flying as it should be.

As a 20 years veteran on the MMOs this probably will be one of my last shots, and you have the calls, do not let us down.
    That UI screenshot that @Fourplay posted was from Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) not Pantheon my friend :)