Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert News - Daum to Restrict IPs to EU and NA Only

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2015 in News & Features Discussion
imageBlack Desert News - Daum to Restrict IPs to EU and NA Only - Free Mobile MMORPG List and MMO Games - MMORPG.com

According to the Terms of Use for Black Desert Online for the European and North American regions, IP blocks will be implemented to restrict the player base to those specific locations only. Players from other worldwide locations will have to play the version licensed for that area.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    This will keep many Asian players out of the Western servers, but certainly not all of them. As we've learned from almost every other game launch (particularly free to play), large numbers of Asian farmers use VPNs and other tactics to go around those blocks and make accounts anyway.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    seems bout correct, and SOP to MMO's.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    They'll just vpn in.
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Wait, what does it mean "except Turkey"? TR is always in EU services for mmos, If they are not servicing TR and that means i can't play the western version of the game from Turkey, that sucks and screw them honestly.
  • cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
    well....turkey is not a european country, russia is though.....
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621
    And where does this leave the Aussies. Oceanic players usually play on NA servers in more MMOs. So if they are blocked here, NA/EU lose all that player base.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    i dont mind if we have our own Oceanic server anyway, i am more comfortable with Oceanic community in general rather than mixed with US

So What Now?

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    TweFoju said:
    i dont mind if we have our own Oceanic server anyway, i am more comfortable with Oceanic community in general rather than mixed with US
    Why?
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited November 2015
    please do not feed asian mmo machine...if you are from NA/EU support your region games ..look how asians players support their games...lineage 1/aion/tera/blade and soul. every year these asians make mmo every year and release it with all sort of restrictions..SUPPORT YOUR OWN PEOPLE. blade and soul coming next then kingdom under fire 2 and more and more.
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    DMKano said:
    Standard practice - they want every region to maintain their own playerbase. If they didn't have the game in multiple regions there would be no IP restrictions outside of Korea.
    Since when was it standard practice to block New Zealand and Australian players from NA servers though? I guess like you said they have it in so many different regions. Sucks though. I was looking forward to playing with American friends on Black Desert.. oh well back to ArcheAge <3
  • JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    aslan132 said:
    And where does this leave the Aussies. Oceanic players usually play on NA servers in more MMOs. So if they are blocked here, NA/EU lose all that player base.
    It pretty much leaves us with two options 1. VPN That sucker . ( But then there is the issue of payments being blocked. Not likely though) 2. Wait in vain for an Oceanic server. Which I honestly cannot see happening anytime soon. - Rip Black Desert for AUS/NZ/SEA :(
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    you can play BD even with +500ms and huge packet loss, whole combat system is not server based like other uber ping MMOs (BnS for example), i had zero problems playing for months on KR server with 620ms and done everyhing fine even "endgame", so even with uber sux free VPN you will be able to enjoy this game :) im not talking about PVP here... but PVP in BD is so fking terrible anyway:P
  • drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Honestly the worst part of moving to AUS is the latency issues I have when playing mmos. When I VPN to other games it makes the latency worse..... It's really tough in AUS trying to be competitive in pvp with latency issues. This news is heart breaking.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    you can play BD even with +500ms and huge packet loss, whole combat system is not server based like other uber ping MMOs (BnS for example), i had zero problems playing for months on KR server with 620ms and done everyhing fine even "endgame", so even with uber sux free VPN you will be able to enjoy this game :) im not talking about PVP here... but PVP in BD is so fking terrible anyway:P
    If the combat is client based, doesn't that mean it is easily hackable?

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Wait, what does it mean "except Turkey"? TR is always in EU services for mmos, If they are not servicing TR and that means i can't play the western version of the game from Turkey, that sucks and screw them honestly.
    They're probably serviced by the Russian version of BDO.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    when Lotro was Run by codemasters in europe it had ip block for the rest of the qorld and that game had Zero gold spam. at least thats what I remember so I'd say its good.

• WraithclawsWraithclaws Member UncommonPosts: 53
    It is official now, I got an answer from support http://i.imgur.com/7UGejs1.png
  • wexmen48wexmen48 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I'm going to get you to your game play with blade and soul you play European players!
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I dont like anything that supresses freedom.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    DMKano said:
    Standard practice - they want every region to maintain their own playerbase. If they didn't have the game in multiple regions there would be no IP restrictions outside of Korea.
    Standard practice seems to be to include Oceanic and some other regions (latin America?) on the US servers. This will be the first mmo I have wanted to play that doesn't allow Oceanic players on the US server. In fact I can't think of any mmo that has does this - are there any?
  • junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    As was said earlier, it's common practice to ip block countries in other regions.  There are ways around it though, as a good google search will tell you.
  • AylindelAylindel Member UncommonPosts: 22

Turkey is not a European country.   only a 3 % of turkey territory is european  the rest it is in Asia minor
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    junzo316 said:
    As was said earlier, it's common practice to ip block countries in other regions.  There are ways around it though, as a good google search will tell you.
    Reaaally? so what other mmo blocks Oceanic players from the US servers? Not common at all, and VPN is no real workaround, just too much lag (and money).
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    YashaX said:
    DMKano said:
    Standard practice seems to be to include Oceanic and some other regions (latin America?) on the US servers. This will be the first mmo I have wanted to play that doesn't allow Oceanic players on the US server. In fact I can't think of any mmo that has does this - are there any?
    guys its kano you just nod and smile and ignore anything else he says, now i'm curious about something though last time I saw a game block it they didn't launch the servers in the other regions, and when they finally did no one played becasue it was already old news, and black desert is already old news, so I don't think holding back even more the game will make it popular
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • pbat263pbat263 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    edited November 2015
    pbat263 said:
    "Pearl Abyss hinted their interest in targeting markets such as Turkey, South America or any other region outside of our service territory via different channels. Therefore opening those markets to Daum Games Europe, means a conflict of interest with Pearl Abyss."
    Going by the regions laid out so far (NA/EU, Russia, and Korea) and the fact that they're IP blocked and the statement above seems like they're looking to set up Oceanic servers and Latin American servers sometime in the future. If that's the case then its good news for AUS players in terms of latency but bad news because it means we have to wait even longer to play unless we VPN our way in. But I could be wrong. They could go the other way and extend the licensing agreements to include other territories if their other plans fall through or they could choose to not support those territories at all if it isn't cost effective. Either way it just adds more time on our waiting game clock.