Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth a test drive

2»

Comments

• HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    I'm glad you have no point.
    You didn't make any point your self? not on game play experience, only just manuals. I'm glad that you can't make a point. Then go google some more I'm sure that will give you abit experience to learn how to play.
    It has. Duh. You can't insult me for using my brain and saving my, either 15 day or 30 day free trial, till I see if it is something that at least sounds and looks interesting.

Yes, me and many others actually watch "First Look" videos to get a perspective on design, graphics, HUD UI, currency, etc., all in one video or ***laughs**** "manual".

Now with that said, I decided to play ESO due to certain "First Look" videos and some GOOGLE information, mainly from the wiki's. Same with SWTOR. So don't tell me that anybody can't just do it. That's the dumbest thing I have seen here in a while.

And yes, these Video's and "manuals", help with end game raiding and other content.

Now, if you have played, WoW, EQ2, or any other tab targeting themepark game, then you know how this one plays. It's biggest compairison is WoW. So if your not new to mmo's. You don't need a trial.

And back on topic with that. What's wrong with the free trial? I don't know why your crying to me about it. I never said anybody should not do the trial. Just said it was FREE.

So with that, what's your beef? I mean, seriously?

Oh yeah, this: "Free trails don't give you the know in how later level works. It's not free to play game that many you have played it must be.:)"

Solution: Do 20 minutes of google research and if your not happy, then waste your free time on the trial.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited November 2015
    Holy cow.  The straight up lying, misinformation (subjective or otherwise) and or talking about different games entirely in this thread is incredible.  I'm not even able to fit all of the quotes in a single multi-quote this time around.

I'll say what anyone should say without pushing their thoughts onto another -- if a game has trial, try it out.  Then ask people within the game what it would be like to continue onwards, with concerns and the like that you develop.  They are the people who would know, and not people on the forums who just ramble incoherent nonsense or move to argue with one another when the thread is about your question.

Here, you just get people who've never played -- or played briefly and read what others wrote of it -- to give you advice and comment on.  Sooooo many things said that are so out there that they don't even related to the game as a whole (or in the worst case scenario are issues that are years old or don't even relate to the base game or the expansion, but rather FFXIV 1.0 in general).
    While there are those type of people yes but to say that everyones thoughts on the game have no merit simply because they aren't currently subbed is a bit silly. Very little of the formula has changed since 2.0 and just now the first patch into 3.0 we are finally getting an alternative event to what we had before. Outside of that all the patches were as scripted as their endgame raids. HW managed to improve the story and expand with 3 new classes,  outside of that it felt more like slapping 10 levels onto something rather than a expansion.

None of this truly matters because the major problem with FFXIV when it comes to attracting new players is its horrendous new player experience. Anyone actively contemplating whether or not to play a game that has a trial should always check it out but every single friend I've tried to bring to the game gets to 30 and quits because the Titan banquet is the straw that broke the camels back. It's either that or they quit around the 50's around the Maelstrom arc of the Main scenario because they did give a crap about the story and wanted to play the new classes.

Look at the OP's game history, FFXIV is a casual themepark mmo and his past games he enjoyed are all sandbox. Misinformation or not this is a token grinder dungeon simulator on rails experience than we have been getting since 2003. Granted you like these kind of games FFXIV is the best game in the current market for theme parks but the new SWTOR expansion that was FREE only requiring you to be subbed is drawing some considerable attention.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited November 2015
    I'm glad you have no point.
    You didn't make any point your self? not on game play experience, only just manuals. I'm glad that you can't make a point. Then go google some more I'm sure that will give you abit experience to learn how to play.
    It has. Duh. You can't insult me for using my brain and saving my, either 15 day or 30 day free trial, till I see if it is something that at least sounds and looks interesting.

Yes, me and many others actually watch "First Look" videos to get a perspective on design, graphics, HUD UI, currency, etc., all in one video or ***laughs**** "manual".

Now with that said, I decided to play ESO due to certain "First Look" videos and some GOOGLE information, mainly from the wiki's. Same with SWTOR. So don't tell me that anybody can't just do it. That's the dumbest thing I have seen here in a while.

And yes, these Video's and "manuals", help with end game raiding and other content.

Now, if you have played, WoW, EQ2, or any other tab targeting themepark game, then you know how this one plays. It's biggest compairison is WoW. So if your not new to mmo's. You don't need a trial.

And back on topic with that. What's wrong with the free trial? I don't know why your crying to me about it. I never said anybody should not do the trial. Just said it was FREE.

So with that, what's your beef? I mean, seriously?

Oh yeah, this: "Free trails don't give you the know in how later level works. It's not free to play game that many you have played it must be.:)"

Solution: Do 20 minutes of google research and if your not happy, then waste your free time on the trial.
    Due stop using google and learn to play. If your not happy about what I said about the free trail to bad. Keep wasting your time about. As google does not show you how to play it's just manual to help. Wait google this l2p for you.

If you was using your brain you would of let this go abit of ago, same as I, as we both same boat wasting are time here.

But I'm going let this go, no need to keep on wasting even more time but if you post after this just letting me know that what brain you have but none as you just trying to attack someone for having a brain too? when you don't agree you attack them for it:)
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited November 2015

Fourplay said:
    snicol said:
    I have played a few of the FF series but never seriously at all. I am looking for a new game to ruin my life for. The games i love are Ultima, DaoC, Eve, SWG, and I actually really liked archeage initially .

just wondering if this game is worth a shot....are there any aspects of it that really make it stand out...thanks
    Um, just about every game you listed is sandbox so don't see you liking this game unless you are a themepark virgin and like the other side of the cherry when tasting it. FFXIV doesn't even do horizontal like it's older sister, just straight up vertical.

Some people who played SWG do find the crafting in XIV enjoyable or so they say.  
    Totally agree, and he could of totally played this game purely as a crafter and enjoyed it like many players did that I actively followed on thsee and the official forums. That is until you want to get your crafting classes to 60, gotta do that story or you can't go to the expansion zones. No matter how streamlined and how fast you can do those 100+ quests it's tedious and obnoxious as well as deliberate content walling and it caused many avid supporters of this game here and on the OF to quit.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    If you like world of warcraft you'll probally like FF14, since FF14 is bascally World of warcraft with a pretty final fantasy skin over it. Not trolling i've played both wow years ago and ff14 more recently.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2015
    Its worth trying out, but my only real advice if you end up settling for the game is to not really take it seriously. It has plenty of challenging content; however, some individuals (myself included) do not feel the rewards match the challenge. The team is making some degree of progress, so maybe in 6 months I can hopefully change my view on my issues with the current endgame that has been pretty repetitive since 2.0. Currently, its a pretty vanity heavy game.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    snicol said:
    I have played a few of the FF series but never seriously at all. I am looking for a new game to ruin my life for. The games i love are Ultima, DaoC, Eve, SWG, and I actually really liked archeage initially .

just wondering if this game is worth a shot....are there any aspects of it that really make it stand out...thanks
    It's more of the same.  Themepark quest hubs, tab-target combat, heavily instanced zones, etc.   It's nothing like Archeage, quite the opposite.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Siveria said:
    If you like world of warcraft you'll probally like FF14, since FF14 is bascally World of warcraft with a pretty final fantasy skin over it. Not trolling i've played both wow years ago and ff14 more recently.
    Exactly.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    It's fun, but repetative after while. Defenitely worth a go.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,359
    Definately worth trying out. Can be rather fun. It can grow repetative/boring at times though.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    After 'trying' to read more of this wonderful discussion. What am I missing in this 'typical quest hub' experience? True, the fastest way to level the first time to cap is doing pretty much every quest, while queuing for dungeons. However, when you level your following stuff, you dont really quest: 1) cause you probably dont have many quests left anyway, 2) your exp rate is increased by 50% (100% if you're below lv50) except on quests, so F.A.T.E.s (I guess you can relate it to on the spot questing?) and dungeons tend to level you faster. The game is a decent enough alternative if you do not like the pvp heavy feel of AA. But its definitely a game currently more focused on fashion verse any real sense of character progression.