Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long warcraft movie trailer

2»

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    SlyLoK said:
    I think it looks really good! Better than I was expecting.
    I agree. It's interesting to see some people here say that it looks like it caters to teens, kids, infants,..whatever. Looks like a typical summer time action movie/popcorn flick which is what summertime movies are all about.  I guess WoW bashing goes beyond the game and won't go out of style anytime soon.   /shrug

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• khanstructkhanstruct Member UncommonPosts: 756
    Yanocchi said:
    It looks great! 

I've never played WoW but I want to see that film! B)

Looks like we have a next fantasy trilogy in the pipeline.
    I would be impressed if this got picked up for one sequel. Yes, it's too early to tell, but if this is the best they have to show, I suspect this is the beginning of Warcraft's death rattle.

This isn't blind WoW hate. WoW has just been on a steady decline and it looks like it's in its twilight years.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    beloc said:
    Ginaz said:
    My God...what a huge steaming pile of hot garbage.
    And that sir, is why we have freewill.. You don't have to ever subject your eyes that which causes you pain and unpleasantry.. ;) 
    Oh, I'll probably see it.  It just doesn't look very good atm.  That was a bad trailer that didn't show the movie in the best light.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• belocbeloc Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Yanocchi said:
    It looks great! 

I've never played WoW but I want to see that film! B)

Looks like we have a next fantasy trilogy in the pipeline.
    I would be impressed if this got picked up for one sequel. Yes, it's too early to tell, but if this is the best they have to show, I suspect this is the beginning of Warcraft's death rattle.

This isn't blind WoW hate. WoW has just been on a steady decline and it looks like it's in its twilight years.
    Might be in the twilight years, but after 11 years and still 5 Million subs... I would think that regardless if it is on the decline or not, it was still a VERY successful franchise.. :)
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Looks a bit too serious.  The best thing about WoW is the sense of humor.  This looks like it's trying to be Lord of the Rings or something.

I'm sure I'll watch it eventually but I doubt I'll pay for the movie ticket.
    Well the story of the first warcraft game was not particularly peachy... So it should fit fairly well. 

This have been a good conversation

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    As someone who never actually played WoW (yes, such people really exist ;) ) I can't say this trailer triggered anything for me. All I know about WoW is that there is the horde and alliance, which is more than most people outside the WoW playerbase probably know. No clue about the shown characters.

So if they want to reach people outside the WoW community I doubt this trailer did a good job. Maybe show less different characters and a little more "why do I want to see this movie" would have been better. The music also seemed quite generic/bland.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    DeniZg said:
    DeniZg said:
    CGI looks very artificial and the whole movie looks like it was made for teens.
    Not a bad thing IMHO, since the teens are probably the target audience for the game as well. But, it's just not something that I would find interesting to watch.
    It's amazing how many adults enjoyed the "How to train your Dragon" animation movies, yet those are also obviously made with "children friendly" graphics. Which, actually, doesn't lessen the fact that they are masterfully designed and animated.
    I guess some of us choose to keep a part of our children's mind, able to escape in many fictional worlds which are not always super realistic, and others have chosen to become old tight arsed farts... get off my lawn! style.
    To each his own, I guess.
    I think it's not about old tight arsed farts, but about preferences.
    WoW movie does not look like it was made for kids like some nice Pixar/Disney cartoon and it's not for mature audience either (Conan or LOTR comes to mind). It looks like some teen CGI movie to me.  Twilight saga, Last Airbender etc.
    Actually the original Nickelodeon "avatar - the last air bender" is far more for adults than its surface reveals. There are some episodes that are just breath taking. The movie version was just a shame.

in any case, Picard is correct, the animation is extremely well done. The issue is that it's being blended with actual people. There's only so close that the computer graphics can get, in the style of the warcraft universe" when compared with actual people. The level of artistry is very high.

So the problem is that it's just not able to completely replicate "real". That doesn't mean they aren't good. It's just where the technology is right now.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    tawess said:
    Looks a bit too serious.  The best thing about WoW is the sense of humor.  This looks like it's trying to be Lord of the Rings or something.

I'm sure I'll watch it eventually but I doubt I'll pay for the movie ticket.
    Well the story of the first warcraft game was not particularly peachy... So it should fit fairly well. 
    I don't know about the first Warcraft game, but I wanted to see goblins and gnomes and wacky inventions, elves and taurens etc.  We just see here humans and orcs which are the most bland races in the game.

If they wanted to go the serious route they should've done the Arthas story imo.
  • DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Honestly FFXIV's "End of an Era", although incomparable in size, was much better done (yes comparing a cinematic to a movie preview). I played Warcraft for years and XIV 1.x and XIV 2.x for a few months each, and "End of an Era" still wins hands down.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2015
    Looks great to me,i'll be watching it.

"To Save Our People" !!!

"What ever you plan to do,DO IT NOW !!"  ....RAWR !!!

LOL :)  You can tell ,i love these kinds of movies,i was a huge fan of the old Ray Harryhausen films like Jason and the Argonauts,Sinbad,Clash of the Titans etc etc.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268
    My friends and I have all played WOW over the years and have mixed feelings about this movie. All that aside  I`m sure we will go see it when it comes out since I tend to watch all Sci-fi fantasy type movies. Truth be told this is coming out 3 years later then it should have.

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"