Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deadpool 52 review Preview

LegendaryRarityLegendaryRarity Member UncommonPosts: 44

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/245326/deadpool-level-52-preview

We’ve saved the best for last.

Deadpool’s Level 52 has been long-awaited, and though you’ll have to wait a little while longer, we wanted to provide a preview of what’s to come, to get your feedback and try to hold over the anticipation. For his design update, Deadpool will be receiving a host of new powers and updates to his mechanics while preserving his simplistic and straight-forward playstyle, though new options may open up for those that wish to explore them. To help preserve this simplicity, Deadpool will not be receiving a secondary resource, and will continue to use Spirit.

Spirit?! Are you kidding me?! Alright, let's try this again. To help preserve the AWESOMENESS of how great Deadpool is, he will not use any resource at all and will instead just have a cool picture of his face. Much better.

Guns, Glorious Guns!

One problem we quickly realized with Deadpool is that he needed more guns, bigger guns, and more ways to use them. We found the solution:

Okay. A big gun. That's a good start. I better get my old bazooka back.

One of the powers I’m most excited to see in action showcases Deadpool doing what he does best - he spins in circles, slicing and dicing any enemies in melee range, while also using his pistols to shoot enemies outside of melee range, anywhere on the screen. Did I mention he can move while channeling this? If ever there was a power that represented Deadpool, this is it. Oh, and it’s spammable with no cooldown. Enjoy!

What about the arrow? Don't you guys like arrows? They're in every game now! You don't even have a cool archer-type! That's me now. Deadpool. Archer guy.

Why stop at swords?

Sure, Deadpool may be known for wielding some blades in his day, but he’s got more weapon proficiencies under his belt that haven’t been represented yet in Marvel Heroes. We’ve brought in two new melee weapons for Deadpool to enjoy - a pair of Sai’s for more up-close and personal combat, and this guy to clear out packs of enemies:

Not to be outshined by his new ranged toys, Deadpool’s gaining some sweet new sword powers and animations that’ll showcase his… unique fighting style.

Whack a Hydra Agent, here I come...

Cleanup, Aisle D

With the new Deadpool, many powers have been retrofitted, upgraded, or replaced with better versions of themselves. His passives will be reorganized for better power point arrangement, and the current plan is to add specializations to further allow customization of Deadpool’s playstyle, allowing him to focus more on melee, ranged, or hybrid gameplay.

With this update, we wanted to focus more on what makes Deadpool the deadly Merc with a Mouth, as he already had several powers to represent his fourth wall breaking. However, we did set out to improve on the ones that already existed and make them more appreciated by a wider range of players. The new God Mode, for example, will include power-altering specializations to allow even more cheating. You could spec into Multiplayer to call in extra alternate-reality Deadpools whenever you use God Mode. Or, if you're more of a lone-wolf Deadpool, spec into the new-and-improved super-sized Power-Ups to really amp up your stats.

Cheating is bad and you should never do it unless it helps me.

Deadpoolnado

It wouldn’t be the finale of the Level 52 Reviews without a new Ultimate power. Server Lag will become Deadpool’s signature, and despite its lower cooldown, will still be a ridiculously powerful effect for dealing with tough baddies.

The new Ultimate concept is essentially a massive version of the spinning, slicing, dicing, shooting Whirlwind-type power described earlier. Only instead of just swords and bullets, it’s... everything else. Deadpool will continue to fling and shoot anything and everything, in his arsenal or otherwise, to blow away anyone standing. Things that can be shot out of the Deadpoolnado include, but are not limited to:

• Grenades
  • Laser beams
  • Rubber chickens?
  • Flash bombs
  • Energy bullets
  • Spider-Webs!
  • Chunks o’ concrete
  • Microdrones
  • Boomerang arrows!
  • Sentinel parts
  • Pumpkin bombs
  • Hotdog carts
  • That guy’s leg!
  • Kinetic cards
  • Briefcases full of paper
  • Missiles
  • Taskmaster’s shield!
  • Pulsars!
  • MJOLNIR!

• ...I’m done.

• Ooh! Ooh! Hulkbuster squirrels!

• HYPER VIPER BEAMS!

• ….

• ….I'm out.

"Like wine, accounts of valor mellow with age; until Achilles dead 3,000 years stands peerless."