Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beast Tribe Quests Preview

HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390

The beast tribes are not always what they appear, and in today's patch 3.1 preview, you'll get a peek at a new quest series that will change the way you think about the Vanu Vanu.
Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe Quests
The Vundu tribe, having summoned the primal Bismarck, wasted no time in establishing dominance over other Vanu Vanu tribes and claiming the Sea of Clouds as their own. The peaceful Zundu tribe continue to oppose their tyranny, however, and now seek the aid of an adventurer to help their people.

After unlocking the beast tribe daily quests, players will be able to undertake several quests which change on a daily basis. By completing them, players can improve their reputation with the Vanu Vanu. At certain milestones, you will be given the opportunity to undertake main beast tribe quests, which are episodic quests that provide insight into the lives of the Vanu Vanu.

Beast Tribe Vendor
By completing daily beast tribe quests and raising your reputation, you will be able to purchase various items such as furnishings, minions, and mounts.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/31a78f700a4ef01e9e37147d7f80753195ce574f

Comments

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Don't really care much for doing quests that give you a mount that's no different from any other mount in the game already other than appearance, but I'm sure to those that do will and good for them. Its surprising how little feedback and discussion goes on in these forums on MMORPG.COM unless me and others are endlessly bickering about it. I suppose I'm partly to blame but, on another note 3.1 does seem to be coming along nicely. Good to see despite the almost non existent feedback you get on some of these threads you are still keeping the community over here informed, im sure they appreciate it.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Don't really care much for doing quests that give you a mount that's no different from any other mount in the game already other than appearance, but I'm sure to those that do will and good for them. Its surprising how little feedback and discussion goes on in these forums on MMORPG.COM unless me and others are endlessly bickering about it. I suppose I'm partly to blame but, on another note 3.1 does seem to be coming along nicely. Good to see despite the almost non existent feedback you get on some of these threads you are still keeping the community over here informed, im sure they appreciate it.
    Unlike you, I would rather do something other then FATES and dungeons to level alts from 50 - 60. Also, I know i'm talking to a brick wall, but, you get more then just a mount. There is new furniture, minions(which can be used for Lords of Verminion) amongst other things as well.

The quests are different everyday so you don't get stuck doing the same one day after day. Plus this allows the Sea of Clouds to be full of people. I mean, have you ever tried looking for B rank hunts there? It is hell sometimes.

Plus, in my opinion, more to do is better then less to do. Right? I mean this is only the smallets part of this patch that people(I) are excited for.

What I like is that people ask for more better ways to level from 50 - 60 and now we have at least one sure fire way and it's not the same quests everyday. Rewards are a bonus and each rank, going from original beast tribe, gives great story each rank.

As a collector of Mounts, minions, and achievements, this is right up my alley. 

Hell, i'm so excited I stopped leveling my 55 WAR and 53 BRD till the patch comes out. After that I just need NIN, DRK, and MCH to 60.
    edited November 2015
    Having a better understanding of the activities in game before throwing out assumptions would be a good idea. I came into here to give your thread a  bump and sincerely thanked you for keeping these forums informed and you immediately respond with hostility so ask and you shall receive.Doing Dungeons/fates and and leveling alts since 2.0 leave very little merit to me with continuing in doing such things. I mean the amount of delusional players on the OF that call leveling everything to 60 "content" is astounding but with how obnoxiously boring leveling in this game is I can't say I agree. Still waiting for personal housing so sadly that furniture is still not appealing to me and production time being well spent on another stupid dance that's going to be added. 

The quests have 2-3 variations, so while you don't do the same boring chore every day you still have a chance of doing so on the second/third day. Finding hunts has always been a struggle in the mid point of a content cycle because SE's need to keep pushing a terrible and poorly designed event by putting upgrade items on Hunts. In your opinion something is better than nothing, but in my opinion something to do with new ways of grinding currencies/leveling alts in ways of new events would also be more beneficial but that's my opinion. 

Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only bothered with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats (though it was forced as usual since that was the only way to obtain them). Every other beast tribe just felt like a massive waste of time, but on the bright side we get a new goofy dance and a very silly flying mount as Driven said :D. I mean maybe you could of just accepted the free thread bump, but since you wanted to drop your opinions and respond aggressively then so did I :D.

"Please look forward to it!"

Post edited by Darkfalz89 on
    Having a better understanding of the activities in game before throwing out assumptions would be a good idea. I came into here to give your thread a  bump and sincerely thanked you for keeping these forums informed and you immediately respond with hostility so ask and you shall receive.Doing Dungeons/fates and and leveling alts since 2.0 leave very little merit to me with continuing in doing such things. I mean the amount of delusional players on the OF that call leveling everything to 60 "content" is astounding but with how obnoxiously boring leveling in this game is I can't say I agree. Still waiting for personal housing so sadly that furniture is still not appealing to me and production time being well spent on another stupid dance that's going to be added. 

The quests have 2-3 variations, so while you don't do the same boring chore every day you still have a chance of doing so on the second/third day. Finding hunts has always been a struggle in the mid point of a content cycle because SE's need to keep pushing a terrible and poorly designed event by putting upgrade items on Hunts. In your opinion something is better than nothing, but in my opinion something to do with new ways of grinding currencies/leveling alts in ways of new events would also be more beneficial but that's my opinion. 

Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only bothered with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats (though it was forced as usual since that was the only way to obtain them). Every other beast tribe just felt like a massive waste of time, but on the bright side we get a new goofy dance and a very silly flying mount as Driven said :D. I mean maybe you could of just accepted the free thread bump, but since you wanted to drop your opinions and respond aggressively then so did I :D.

"Please look forward to it!"

No, your right. I mean you just admitted to not playing the other beast tribes so, in summation, you have no clue if it's good story or for that matter, any story.

sad...just sad....

That being said, I loved all the beast tribe quests. Especially at the end when all the beast tribe's come together to save...****SPOILER******  I'll stop here.

Your opinion means nothing to me or others here and I don't need your thread bump. You have ruined any chance of hope due to the fact that you make assumptions about aspects of the game that you have not played or even tried. And yes, you admitted it here: "Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only bothered with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats"

Do not respond to any of my threads. Or me for that matter.

==============================

Also I am really excited for the new mounts, minions, and other such stuff.
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    So the beast tribe quests will scale between 50 and 60... and that is great news.  They also need to put levemetes in each zone so that doing leves is not such a slow and awful way to get exp in the xpac.

I hope some of the quests are as fun as the kobold's were.  Those quests took me from hating the kobolds to loving them.
    Alright no reason to get like that over opinions.
    Leave him be, he's a special snowflake that cannot have any opinion outside of 100% positive for FFXIV, nor can most of the games community. What's really ironic about most of his opinions is that they are so transparent that it's suspicious. He will quickly say my posts turn away potential players despite players wanting the good and bad. When you can only be 100% positive and you gush over every stupid little thing you are only detering players. I genuinely posted my thoughts and gave him a free bump and he totally throws a fit over it. If you cant handle any criticism then I don't see his point in posting here, better to join the Yoshi P all stars and engage in the group back patting on the OF.
    I'll quote you again: ""Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only bothered with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats""

Now why say something sucks if you yourself never tried it? Lemmie guess, you HEARD from someone right? Is this one of those things where you have no thoughts or opinions of your own?

If I listened to half the haters out there I would never playing any game.

An opinion is based on experience and facts, both of which you do not have.

Now on the other hand, I have completed all the beast tribes and it does have story, a hell of a story. So yeah, were excited for this.

==================================

I am no White Knight.

Negatives - 

1 - Materia is expensive as shit
    2 - Retainers almost always bring me crap from quick exploration
    3 - BIS EX and RAV EX not in Duty Finder
    4 - FATE spawining, (daily hunts)
    5 - The grind from 50-60
    6 - Moogles and Churning Mists
    7 - Houses are too expensive
    8 - Can't walk and mount at the same time
    9 - Little Voice acting
    10 - Red and Blue Scrips are a pain to get
    11 - Leve quests for 50+ suck ass
    12 - Pony Drop rate
    13 - Light

I can keep going.

The difference between me and you, I bitch to the right people to hopefully get some of this fixed.

You on the other hand come here to just bitch about everything. Constantly. All the time. A negative Nancy if you will.

I keep looking in your history for something positive you say about this game but, I can't find it. See, I would have seen it your way before I realized that all your OPINIONS are negative. Even if the game catered to you and you only, you would still come here to bitch up a storm about something. So far all we can see is that your not happy. Not satisified.

If you are that unhappy, quit.

Just quit. Nobody has a gun to your head. Nobody is forcing you to stay. You are free to go whenever.

p.s. Please, go ahead and give us your OPINION on content you have not played and have admitted to not playing. Please, we value THAT opinion.

p.s.s. Next time, make sure you have done said content or at least tried it so your opinion can be noted as factual and not fiction. Because somebody say's something to you does not make it YOUR opinion as well. It is wise to have thoughts of your own.
    edited November 2015
    To be honest you would sound a bit less silly if you assumed a little less. I wasn't aware of the story in beast tribe quests because the first two beast tribes introduced were terrible at best when it came to story and we're pointless to do. As driven mentioned the Ixal weren't too bad in comparison but while I tried to read into it at first I found it suffered from a consistent problem the game suffered in 2.0 : terrible pacing and failure to draw you immediately. 

That being said I don't really rely on what someone told me, I find it better to look into it firsthand. I have facts to draw opinions from as you seem to not notice but keep assuming, it makes your responses all the more enjoyable.While I can agree with point 6, 7 and 11 but the rest sound like you are trying far too hard. Most of these things are so marginal that they do little to improve the overall experience or will be fixed/changed naturally in the next patch or the following one. 

You checked my post history yet it seems you can't quite read properly. I have given this game credit where credit is due countless times, just today I said this game copied WoW and managed to be a better WoW in just two short years. Something I have said over a dozen times by now, you can even ask Driven.

As far as fluff/worldly content and vanity this game is utterly unmatched and is a major reason you so fondly support this game. While I don't play mmos PRIMARILY to play dressup and house, the very mention of additional content in these areas drench your britches in anticipation and that's totally fine.Once you get past these two things this game is generic as generic can be and brings very little new to the table, which is why its suspiciously transparent fanbase revering FFXIV and Yoshi P as the second coming of Christ completely eludes the average onlookers. All of this that I may say that according to your post history you are doing very little to convince me otherwise. 

Once again you are clearly reading someone else's post history and continuing your assumption spree, I have mentioned over a dozen times that I actively post my concerns here as well as the OF. The problem with the OF is that when discussing a genuine topic of ways to improve the game/player experience or starting one results in the thread being drowned in white knight/apologist/fanboi comments. The moment your opinion is not on the same 100% Yes man opinion of theirs you are instantly "conceited' or "bitching" and told immediately "if you don't like it then leave" and "see you when patch X.X comes out". The great thing about the MMORPG.com forums is that posters here have their own opinion and can elaborate on them rather than being the FFXIV "Yes Men" that a majority of the OF goers consist of.

I don't need to quit nor do I need to leave because you told me so, you are welcome to your opinions as I am to mine and you can just deal with that. If you are unable to do so then you are more than welcome to join the Yoshi P all stars on the OF and just hug it out. A little news flash for you Hellbound, even if this game catered to me 100% I would still be here finding ways to further improve the game and draw in more potential players and discussing because I am more passionate about this game being successful than you. This is because this game is more than a dressup/vanity/fluff fest of dinner jackets with a b rated story with the most generic themepark model MMO; its a Final Fantasy game. Whats interesting about being passionate about something is discussing way to improve and letting opinions clash with players that have the same genuine passion for said game/topic. Instead you rather ostracize every single person that doesn't share your views and tell them to move on while calling them all clueless liars, which makes you worse than me at the end of the day. 
     Whats interesting about being passionate about something is discussing way to improve and letting opinions clash with players that have the same genuine passion for said game/topic. Instead you rather ostracize every single person that doesn't share your views and tell them to move on while calling them all clueless liars, which makes you worse than me at the end of the day. 
    Oh, you mean the FACT that you made opinions about content that you clearly stated that you did NOT do.

So now your "Concern Trolling". Going back on what you said. Nice one.

See this: "Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only bothered with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats "

This does not help you. 

You giving your opinion about this content is like me giving my opinion about PvP.

I know what PvP means and what it is but, I respectfully do NOT give my opinion about it because I never played PvP in 2+ years ever in this game.

So if someone started a thread for PvP, you will NOT see me trying to throw my 2 cents into a conversation I know nothing about.

edited November 2015
     Whats interesting about being passionate about something is discussing way to improve and letting opinions clash with players that have the same genuine passion for said game/topic. Instead you rather ostracize every single person that doesn't share your views and tell them to move on while calling them all clueless liars, which makes you worse than me at the end of the day. 
    Oh, you mean the FACT that you made opinions about content that you clearly stated that you did NOT do.

So now your "Concern Trolling". Going back on what you said. Nice one.

See this: "Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only bothered with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats "

This does not help you. 

You giving your opinion about this content is like me giving my opinion about PvP.

I know what PvP means and what it is but, I respectfully do NOT give my opinion about it because I never played PvP in 2+ years ever in this game.

So if someone started a thread for PvP, you will NOT see me trying to throw my 2 cents into a conversation I know nothing about.

I mean are you seriously so petty and borderline desperate to win an argument that you are hanging on a comment I made several replies ago? I have done my best to respond to all of your points and you are still seriously hanging on to one thing I said because you clearly didn't get the context. Since you have nothing else to discuss because you clearly find yourself unable to then I will remove the very petty ground you are still desperately and pathetically holding onto:
     "Doing manual labor for a race of fat ugly birds has story? Gee I really must have missed out on all the other beast tribe dailies, only "bothered" with the Ixal due to them giving you actually giving you something marginally useful for once in the form of  crafting mats "
    Bothered is a key word here, I bolded it for you just in case you are having trouble finding it. While I admit its very vague the particular topic is so petty that I didn't feel the need to elaborate but since you have nothing constructive to say to any of my several posts I will elaborate just for you. As an avid participant of what I feel is useless content you must know there is multiple ranks the you need to rise up and the final rank of the tribes (last I recall) is rank 7. You have a finer understanding of what the rank levels were but I know that you received access to more various quests as you built your reputation with that beast tribe. That being said I didn't "bother" as in I didn't get to the higher ranks of the kobolds and sahagin e.t.c. because they were boring which doesn't mean I DIDN'T DO THEM AT ALL.

What this means is they failed to draw me in paired with crappy vanity items and a mount that is no different than any other mount was not enough alone to move me along. I'll admit I made the same assumption with the Ixal's because it also was very weak in storytelling but I did DO them because I HAD TO due to FORCED mats and Ill be honest that once I crafted my off hands for my crafters the sealants sold for very decent coin. So there you go, now then why don't you respond to all my other posts/OPINIONS I posted to relevant content I actually did? Please just do yourself a favor and quit while you are ahead, watching you argue over the most pettiest details while there is better things to discuss just makes you seem very...well...petty?