Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AIM removed from game by GMs

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
So for those of you who have not been keeping up to date with the current scandal within the MO world. 

The trading guild AIM was found to have generated the majority of their resources via exploitation. This means that the largest trading guild in the game who a LOT of people bought goods from and incredibly deflated prices was removed from the GM by the GMs. The entire city was blown up in an instant and several people received bans. However this leaves a whole lot of illegitimate items spread out across the map which the GMs can not track. Basically fucking up the economy. 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    "removed from the GM by the GMs." so they had GM's in the guild? 

At this point, which major guild doesnt have a GM who is exploiting resources? 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    That is a big problem in gaming in all genres and really had me depressed about playing any game.
    I actually quit my fave game of FFXI once because i couldn't take the lack of effort to clean up the RMT.

Then  it was like 50% of the reason i quit Vanguard as well.Same reason i quit COD gaming as well.
    Way back in the early days of Unreal and Counterstrike cheating was so ridiculously rampant it started up a whole wave and community of anti cheat programs.

As mentioned,if the developer was too lazy and cheap to incorporate anti cheat measures BEFORE the game released you will NEVER fix it after the fact.Tons and tons of currency and resource/items will remain in the game.It also ruins the entire game economy it is imo a game breaker/killer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Like Kano said it won't have much of an effect. I remember when people duped up every item. Or when people were using GM's to protect them during seiges because the GM's liked their clan more. 
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    A real shame about this one.  It had so much going for it, and they just blew it.  Right from the beginning when you started out naked and your wee wees were flapping in the wind, to the bugs, to the gm issues, to the exploits... just a shame.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Most of the folks who are left DO NOT CARE.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    It's not like this is the first exploit lol. Old news
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I remember leaving Neverwinter after the economy screw up and for weeks no one doing anything about it.