Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about Trove...

cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
Hi,
Im thinking of playing Trove, but had a few questions:

1. Is the game more builder like Minecraft or more MMO?
  2. Are you able to expand the size of your cornerstone?  That 16x16 square seems to be quite limiting given the freedom you have in a game like mincraft to build as big as you want.
  3. If I choose not to build on my cornerstone and choose to build, say on a mountain somewhere, or within a mountain, any random player can come by and trash it, correct?  So basically, there is no creativity in the sense of building (safely) a home into a mountain, under ground, etc...you are limited to building safely on your corner stone?
  4. How solo-friendly is the game?
  5. If I build on my cornerstone today, will it be there tomorrow when I log in?  Will I be on the same 'channel' or server as I was yesterday?
  6. Is there an 'endgame'?
Thanks!

Comments

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    bump
  • gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Good questions, I am interested in getting these answers as well!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2015
    cesmode8 said:
    Hi,
    Im thinking of playing Trove, but had a few questions:

1. Is the game more builder like Minecraft or more MMO?
    2. Are you able to expand the size of your cornerstone?  That 16x16 square seems to be quite limiting given the freedom you have in a game like mincraft to build as big as you want.
    3. If I choose not to build on my cornerstone and choose to build, say on a mountain somewhere, or within a mountain, any random player can come by and trash it, correct?  So basically, there is no creativity in the sense of building (safely) a home into a mountain, under ground, etc...you are limited to building safely on your corner stone?
    4. How solo-friendly is the game?
    5. If I build on my cornerstone today, will it be there tomorrow when I log in?  Will I be on the same 'channel' or server as I was yesterday?
    6. Is there an 'endgame'?
    Thanks!
    1. no. its not likie Minecraft or an MMo , it tried to be both and failed at each imo
     2. no
    3. you can only build on your cornerstone
    4. fine
    5.you place yer cornerstone at anytime on predetermined locations thruout the world ..
    6. repetitive
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    edited October 2015
    I havent played in quite some time but ill try to answer best i can

*Is the game more builder like Minecraft or more MMO?
    *Its both, though separated, troves primary gameplay is running from dungeon to dungeon, killing a miniboss and then running to the next dungeon, repeat and thats what you'll be doing until end game

*Are you able to expand the size of your cornerstone?  That 16x16 square seems to be quite limiting given the freedom you have in a game like mincraft to build as big as you want.
    *No, but you can very cheaply create a club (Guild) for yourself, you can be in multiple at once, so most people have one of their own which gives you a great amount of space to build on, its a personal world when you dont invite anyone to the club.

*If I choose not to build on my cornerstone and choose to build, say on a mountain somewhere, or within a mountain, any random player can come by and trash it, correct?  So basically, there is no creativity in the sense of building (safely) a home into a mountain, under ground, etc...you are limited to building safely on your corner stone?
    *Worlds pretty much reset every so often to refresh the cleared dungeons, the worlds in which you do dungeons are not permanent, only club worlds are, and only people with permission can destroy your things there

*How solo-friendly is the game?
    *It's normal content can all be solo'd but the end game is too difficult, its not all that hard finding groups though.

*If I build on my cornerstone today, will it be there tomorrow when I log in?  Will I be on the same 'channel' or server as I was yesterday?
    *Yes, your cornerstone is permanent, you can swap worlds at will, theres no separated servers
    ( Just to clarify, your cornerstone is something you summon at a cornerstone plot, these plots are all over the map, it will disappear when you summon it at a new plot but what you've build in it always gets transferred to that new plot, nothing is lost.)

*Is there an 'endgame'?
    *Trove is mostly repeating near identical content and hoarding all the collectables ( weapon skins, mounts, wing skins etc ) there is an end game but it is pretty much the same thing as dungeons, just harder to do alone and bigger.
    edited October 2015
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

1. no. its not likie Minecraft or an MMo , it tried to be both and failed at each imo
     2. no
    4. fine
    5.you place yer cornerstone at anytime on predetermined locations thruout the world ..
    6. repetitive

So misinformed - "you can only build on cornerstone" - lol

Do you even Trove bro? 
    if you dont do the club you can only build on yer stone .. thats it .. where else can you build ..? 
      And either way its very limited very boring and a lackluster unimagintive building tool

and i aint yer bro ..................

Post edited by Scorchien on
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    So...seems more like an MMO than an actual builder?  Pity.  I mean, maybe Ill try it.  But I was kind of hoping for Minecraft in an open world setting.  I liked going off adventuring into deep caverns full of resources in Minecraft so that I can build cool and unique stuff anywhere in the world.  But if Trove is "dungeon to dungeon, and you can build creatively on your cornerstone"...eh.

We'll see

edited October 2015
    cesmode8 said:
    So...seems more like an MMO than an actual builder?  Pity.  I mean, maybe Ill try it.  But I was kind of hoping for Minecraft in an open world setting.  I liked going off adventuring into deep caverns full of resources in Minecraft so that I can build cool and unique stuff anywhere in the world.  But if Trove is "dungeon to dungeon, and you can build creatively on your cornerstone"...eh.

We'll see

check out Creativerse for a closer Minecraft experience , if thats what you are looking for..

copied from another thread ... great builders to check out ..

Creativerse, 7 Days to Die ,Medeviel Engineers....Rising World,Planet Explorers ,Tug,  Life is Feudal are some of the best offered, just remebered Wurm Unlimited now availble on Steam also ...

Novus Inceptio is another that just hit Steam EA and looks great , is getting alot of positive feedback , but i have enough on my plate that i will wait  a bit longer  before purchase on this one
      also The Forest ....
    DMKano said:

cesmode8 said:

We'll see

You build in clubworlds... I am not sure how you are missing this after it's been mentioned like 4 times in this thread. 

Http://trove.wikia.com/wiki/Clubs
    Like i said you cant build everywhere
  • SolemberSolember Member CommonPosts: 2
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:

2. no
    4. fine
    6. repetitive

So misinformed - "you can only build on cornerstone" - lol

Do you even Trove bro? 
    if you dont do the club you can only build on yer stone .. thats it .. where else can you build ..? 
      And either way its very limited very boring and a lackluster unimagintive building tool

and i aint yer bro ..................

Yay. A Bad attitude player. Stop playing.
  • honuhanahonuhana Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited June 2016
    TTrove is a fun game and I recommed that you play it :) @cesmode8