Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is KOTFE different for each class?

Is there a different story for each class or there a different story for dark/light side?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    It's 99% the same, regardless of class or Light/Dark choices. You're told people are going to die if you don't act a certain way, and they don't die no matter what choice you make. It might be different in future chapters, but currently with chapters 1-9 it makes zero difference how you act and every player ends up at the same point in the story with the same people alive and dead. The only divergence right now is if you correctly recruit or kill some of the old followers now, after chapter 9 in the new Garrison-Lite™ they have for your companion collection.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

I'm trying to figure out at what point I don't have to play every class.  Is shadow of revan and hutt cartel any different?  Meaning will I need to do them for every class or just one time for one character should suffice?

Are you onto something or just on something?
    Hutt Cartel had separate Empire and Republic perspectives, as does Shadow of Revan, so two playthroughs should suffice. Shadow of Revan also had an extra class-specific story for each of the 8 classes on both sides, but you're probably better off just watching them on youtube than doing 8 playthroughs or cash-shop 60s to play them.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    filmoret said:
    Is there a different story for each class or there a different story for dark/light side?
    Choices Matter. KOTFE have 16 Chapters of the season one at least. You will find the consequences of your actions in the next 7 chapters. So while the Story is pretty much the same now, it wont be like that with the consequences of your choices in the future. 
    hikaru77 said:
    Choices Matter. KOTFE have 16 Chapters of the season one at least. You will find the consequences of your actions in the next 7 chapters. So while the Story is pretty much the same now, it wont be like that with the consequences of your choices in the future. 
    You can be hopeful, but the past 3 years of story speak for themselves. Watcher X existing no matter what you do as an Agent comes to mind. The only choices that matter come from staff-favored romances like Jaesa or Vette, and even then it's just a matter of shock collars staying or going, or a visual dark side corruption or not.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    From what has been said, each class has mor/less different dialogue through story, but story itself is same.

So, its really how much you like story, i have 16 lvl60 that will all go through it 8 light/8 dark.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Malabooga said:

So, its really how much you like story, i have 16 lvl60 that will all go through it 8 light/8 dark.
    Wow, let us know when you are done if there is any difference at all. I know what you are saying now, but I can't imagine that you have finished all 16 play troughs already. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• SeriphinXSeriphinX Member UncommonPosts: 19
    filmoret said:
    It would be a monumental expansion to achieve individual class stories.  I know it would peak my interest.