Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now this is how you do a Halloween Event!

2»

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I cancelled my sub until the new content in 3.1 likely pulls me back, but I'm gonna be missing out on this. From what I've read, however, it's mainly just like 30 mins of content like the other seasonal events. Get your stuff, get out, forget about it.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited October 2015
    Ozreth said:
    Can't you just buy the event items in the item shop after the event is over now? I like a lot about this game but hate that most people aren't allowed to do anything special or unique, because SE is afraid others might feel left out and quit. I've read that they don't focus on guild content for fear of those who don't/can't have a guild feeling like they are being left out of game content. Counter intuitive to what I look for in the genre.
    I'm willing to assume that you will be able to buy the costume off the cash shop/event vendor the following year that the event takes places. The strict limitations on classes/gear/progression does the very thing you mention but people quit regardless because the current patch delay/boredom of repetition the same thing every day/week/month.

I mean god forbid you didn't do the extreme modes of the current primals or don't have a Alexander Savage group a month into launch because you took your time leveling/doing alternate things. Trying to pug anything now or get any sort of relevant content clear is impossible due to no one wanting to help the willing and getting kicked by the "elite" for having a first time clear message. Also the EX primals were deemed relevant content for maybe a few weeks tops before SE once again axed their content with eso gear (good vertical progression). If not either of those its the lack of players to do much of anything due to the population drop after the live letter, at least this applied to Excalibur. 

Though there is no need to worry because the moment 3.1 comes out the sheep that quit will flock back in droves. Only to be fooled again and again, getting their next 1 course meal of crumbs and will be bored in a matter of weeks due to more of the same.
    Post edited by Darkfalz89 on
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    The event is for people who are currently subbed more so than to drag people back into the game.  Final Fantasy XIV ARR is a fine game, just it's not highly replayable in the long run.  You'll burn out before ever seeing the best loot and likely will get tired of the repetitious grinding that happens in the vane hope that a mouse wheel will keep people going. 
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    Ozreth said:
    Can't you just buy the event items in the item shop after the event is over now? I like a lot about this game but hate that most people aren't allowed to do anything special or unique, because SE is afraid others might feel left out and quit. I've read that they don't focus on guild content for fear of those who don't/can't have a guild feeling like they are being left out of game content. Counter intuitive to what I look for in the genre.
    Trying to pug anything now or get any sort of relevant content clear is impossible due to no one wanting to help the willing and getting kicked by the "elite" for having a first time clear message..
    This here is a flat out lie. Anytime me or my friends PUG group something, we get excited to get new people. Meaning we get extra tomes in the form of newbie bonuses. What turd passes that up?
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Ozreth said:
    Trying to pug anything now or get any sort of relevant content clear is impossible due to no one wanting to help the willing and getting kicked by the "elite" for having a first time clear message..
    This here is a flat out lie. Anytime me or my friends PUG group something, we get excited to get new people. Meaning we get extra tomes in the form of newbie bonuses. What turd passes that up?
    I am not sure it is such a lie.  My personal experience mirrors yours for the most part, but everyone I talk to seems more able to relate to what Darkfalz said.  In my own FC there are elitist assholes constantly trashtalking whatever group they are doing content with, regardless of whether or not the group is going well.  They seem to just enjoy putting other players down.

Like I said before, my own experience has been pretty good in groups, but I should mention that was when I was tanking.  I am really growing to loathe the way tanks play (with a focus on dealing damage), so I have been working on alts.  Since I stopped tanking, I have started running into a type of player I hear lots of complaints about but had not seen til now - deliberately bad players.  People that get defensive when told how a boss fight works, and are rude to the other players as they screw it up.

All games have their bad apples, but I swear my experience with FFXIV until recently had been one of polite and helpful groups.  Perhaps the nicer players are taking a break until the patch.

On the original topic, I have been playing FFVI and appreciated Impressario.  Every little reference makes me happy, it truly pays homage to the other FF's constantly (and the best homage was Terra's theme playing when riding the mech!).
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I'm so bummed, I really wanted that broom but am just getting internet again this week! Now I have to wait a whole year just to be able to buy it in the cash shop most likely. :(

Smile