Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is it that you actually enjoy about this game?

seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
I've been part of a few discussions on here and elsewhere recently about the different dynamics of this game and it seems that a general concenus is that people have a LOT of issues with the game, and it doesn't fit most of their wants for an MMORPG, but they enjoy something about it enough to keep coming back. So what does it do for you? Is it that you just like the Final Fantasy feel? The soundtrack and graphics? The storyline and charming characters? The raids? Is it just that it's better than anything else on the market right now so you keep playing it until something better comes out?

I have a ton of gripes with it, and it is far from my ideal MMORPG, but I admit that I'm enough of a FF fanboy to keep playing it for the general FF themes. That and it's just super pretty and charming, so I enjoy my casual time on it. How about you? What's the thing(s) that keeps you logging on even if it might not be ideal?

Originally posted by Scagweed22
is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Comments

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited October 2015
    Mainly the dungeons, leveling up and general content. I really like the charm, graphics, story and oddly enough the slower paced combat... not sure what it is, but it just nails that JRPG feel in a real time system (gives you time to think between moves).

I've also got a few grips, mainly about how grindy some aspects of it are, but it is nice always having something to do if I feel like putting the effort in.

Overall it's just an easy game to login to, play for a bit (or all day), and feel like I've had some fun and made some (virtual) progress. Also, it's a really nice game to play from the couch (on PS4, or PC w/ controller), which is always a plus :)
  • vickykolvickykol Member UncommonPosts: 106
    The graphics, music and FATES.  I also like the ease of changing professions. I dislike managing my inventory, but I can live with it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Class change system and a Final Fantasy game. Whether I like everything about the game or not, its still one of the few games I can do everything on one character, versus going over the same story or w/e over and over when I make a new character in another game just to try a different class. XI is gonna probably die next year so there isn't really anything to work towards anymore in that game and even if it doesn't happen in that time frame I do not know if I can justify paying SE the same price for nothing added to the game after next month. So that just reinforces my occasional sub money going to XIV versus XI.
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    I like the story, dungeons, community, raids, primal EX fights, and the Final Fantasy setting in general. 

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2015
    It's a good, solid, traditional theme park experience. It's made well and probably my favorite of the tab target gear leveling type of games.

The only reason I don't play is because of constant lag and disconnects that I only get with this game.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its not just the game, but the community, as good as the game is, the social aspects of the game are also one of its best features, something that a great many 'modern' MMO's seem to skimp on, or handle badly, when really, at least imo, they should be a central feature of an MMO.
  • DiTHDiTH Member UncommonPosts: 88
    My FC, the class system and crafting.