Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets Nostalgia about Morrowind - Part One of a Passion Piece about my favorite RPG

sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuxTi7P_VKk

Hey guys, I made this introduction to my Passion Piece on Morrowind. This first part has some background on how I learned about Morrowind and a Hype train that almost derailed and could have stopped me from playing for the next decade.

Should be a nice walk down memory lane for alot of you who discovered the game shortly before release :)

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2015
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    d_20 said:

Wow I never knew such a book existed, this feels like one of those you would pick up in books a million and just read for an hour without any inclination of why you keep reading.

I would love to see what sort of insight it offered to the story of Morrowind.
  • NuhaineNuhaine Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Still play that sometimes modded. I think I know you from Project Gorgon, since I look occasionally on the forums there and see your name. (I'm Veryn, but I've been too busy to log in lately)
    Oh, and the many TES lore youtube series are free. I got lost in them for a long time the other day, with videos about each god and race, as well as different videos that show just how deep the lore really is. (Talos is hinted at being a false god that was trained by Ysgramor to use the voice and subsequently betraying him.)
    Nuhaine said:
    Still play that sometimes modded. I think I know you from Project Gorgon, since I look occasionally on the forums there and see your name. (I'm Veryn, but I've been too busy to log in lately)
    Yes! I need to get on Gorgon again soon! 

I was meaning to Stream it, but after playing for a couple days I figured I needed a better grip on the mechanics. 

It makes sense to like Gorgon and Morrowind tho right? :pleased: 
    Gorgon is the closest a game has gotten me to the immersion of Morrowind. Maybe I'll hop on and blast you with information tomorrow if I can catch you. Sorry it took me so long to respond, having problems with my laptop that make the battery function strangely but after some tinkering it seems to start working again.
    Nuhaine said:
    Gorgon is the closest a game has gotten me to the immersion of Morrowind. Maybe I'll hop on and blast you with information tomorrow if I can catch you. Sorry it took me so long to respond, having problems with my laptop that make the battery function strangely but after some tinkering it seems to start working again.
    I'll be streaming some Morrowind tonight, if your up around 10pm EsT.

twitch.tv/sludgebeard
    I should be there. ; )