Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 million Star Citizens :-D

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
Star Citizen has broken the 1 million Star Citizens mark ... Congratulations !!

At the time of writing: 1,000,848

See you in the 'Verse !

Have fun

Comments

• Squadron24Squadron24 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Excellent!!

grats to everyone
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
  • McShanusMcShanus Member UncommonPosts: 26
    *applause* great news! :D
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    edited October 2015
    Maple Story has more than 100 million players.

Number of registered accounts doesn't mean much when they're counting players who pay nothing. Unless someone thinks that Maple Story really is 100 times better or more popular than Star Citizen.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    According to Wikipedia Maple Story:

"In 2006, Wizet revealed they earned over US$ 300 million from MapleStory.[citation needed] In Global MapleStory (GMS), more than a million players have bought items in the Cash Shop.[31] In 2006, Nexon announced MapleStory had a combined total of 39 million user accounts worldwide.[32] MapleStory Global has over 8 million users as of 2011.[33] As of 2014, it was among the top ten MMOs by worldwide revenue.[34]"

Objectively speaking Maple Story is more popular than Star Citizen.

However, for the space sim genre 1 million fans is VERY VERY NICE :-)  

Have fun

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse !

Have fun

the ' Verse is Launched?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Muke said:
    the ' Verse is Launched?
    If you mean the Persistent Universe ... not yet.  SC is still in development.

However, i am still looking forward to see you guys and gals in the 'Verse.

Have fun
    Muke said:
    Erillion said:

See you in the 'Verse !

Have fun

the ' Verse is Launched?
    the prototype of the ´Verse is around the corner, SC Alpha 2.0 will have a ginormous space chunk.
    ETA soon.
    coming with
    -missions
    -stations
    -FPS
    etc.
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Thought they were dropping the FPS module for the time being. Guess even the fanboys don't know what is up with this game anymore. Oh well, here, take this 300$ ship :D  
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    edited October 2015
    Leon1e said:
    Thought they were dropping the FPS module for the time being. Guess even the fanboys don't know what is up with this game anymore. Oh well, here, take this 300$ ship :D  
    You're technically correct. They're dropping the Star Marine(FPS) module only to incorporate it together with slice of PU, MultiCrew and everything else in SC Alpha 2.0. So essentially instead of getting less, the backers will get more in one go.

At least that's how I understood it from watching the Citizencon footage. 

PS: You can't call me fanboy, I'm not a backer nor will I be. I'll buy the game at its release, if it turns out to be any good at all.

Edit: As far as the original topic goes, I guess a congratulations towards SC and its Citizens is in order. Great news. :)
    Leon1e said:
    CIG is not dropping the FPS module.

Ben Lesnick  on Star Marine:

"Hey guys! One big clarification from CitizenCon: the Baby PU is NOT replacing Star Marine, it's simply going to include a lot of the work we've done on the FPS. We still intend to release Star Marine proper (with Gold Horizon and the HQ game mode and all that.) In all likelihood, you'll see Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 first and then Star Marine proper shortly after that... and we'll continue to update with more details on both as they're locked down. "

Thank you for that ship. ;-)

Have fun
    Leon1e said:
    ahahahah. no you´re wrong. you could just read the infos that are out there.
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/289586/no-more-star-marine-yes-more-star-marine

Nothing has been cancelled. Development plans change sometimes ya know, this is core engine stuff

besides "FPS" will be in the 2.0 open world Alpha anyway, but "Star Marine" are the simpod arena matches with leaderboards, modes and stuff.

don´t mix that up

edited October 2015
    OT:
    Erillion said:
    According to Wikipedia Maple Story:

"In 2006, Wizet revealed they earned over US$ 300 million from MapleStory.[citation needed] In Global MapleStory (GMS), more than a million players have bought items in the Cash Shop.[31] In 2006, Nexon announced MapleStory had a combined total of 39 million user accounts worldwide.[32] MapleStory Global has over 8 million users as of 2011.[33] As of 2014, it was among the top ten MMOs by worldwide revenue.[34]"

Objectively speaking Maple Story is more popular than Star Citizen.

However, for the space sim genre 1 million fans is VERY VERY NICE :-)  

I wasn't claiming that Star Citizen would be more popular than Maple Story. Maple Story is really popular in Asia.

I was trying to point out that despite having 100 million registered players it's not 100 times more popular. Once game allows players to get free accounts the numbers get easily ridiculously inflated and don't mean that much any more.

The 100 million number is from here: http://www.gamejerks.net/games/maplestory

Sorry this goes a little offtopic. /OT

@Vrika

I guess another Star Citizen number is more useful to you. The UEE Fleet Captains.

Thats the number of PAYING pledge accounts with at least one ship.

Currently thats 765.773 accounts.

Some people will have more than one account, so that does not translate into 765.773 genuine persons. However, my best guess would be about at least half a million persons that pledged for the crowdfunding campaign.

And double that (1 million +)  are interested enough to have a forum account (= Star Citizens).

Some of them are only interested to play crew on multi-player ships  (I personally know several of those people, especially those that want to play marines).

Have fun
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

This is nice, now how about some work and release of Stand Along Ships folks ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    @Erillion ;

Ty, I think that's a lot more useful number.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    One million citizens, and still no stars.  But hey, hang on for a little bit; there might be another $500 ship idea to buy coming in shortly.
    edited October 2015
    One million citizens, and still no stars.  But hey, hang on for a little bit; there might be another $500 ship idea to buy coming in shortly.
    Besides from the fact that there are plenty of stars in Arena Commander, last time I´ve checked. - Do you yell at construction workers building a skyscraper for digging a massive hole first, screaming at them "that doesn´t look like a skyscraper at all"?

meh, too many armchair developers these days making armchair statements.

One million citizens, and still no stars. 
    Stars for @jdlamson75 ;

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/15000-The-ARK-Starmap

Have fun

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    If someone is worried about getting fleeced for $500 ships I doubt a browser based star map is going to placate them. :)
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    We're getting closer to the point where all the naysayers start pretending they always had a great case - and that they were never wrong about anything - but they're now backing the game and getting excited by it, because CIG "changed their tune" significantly or some such bullshit.
    Well ... if the result of that big hole is this http://gizmodo.com/5304233/entire-new-13-story-building-tips-over-in-shanghai/ then I could see the worry.
    I read the article. The hole was okay. A flashflood of dirty water made the ground nearby unsafe and unstable. Without that this would be a nice new stable building.

HHmm, that reminds me of something/someone  ;-)

Have fun
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I think it is fake number ,  or fanboyz purchase  multiple starter aurora packs

No joke ,how we can know real number of peoples who purchase this and real number collected money from some neutral source.Personally I have no trust in CIG and their management !
    >>>>I think it is fake number>>>

>>>>how we can know real number of peoples who purchase this>>>>

Talk to the thousands of fans at various gaming shows like PAX or GamesCon attending Star Citizen events.  In US (multiple), UK, Australia, Germany etc.

Have fun

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited October 2015
    What was that old saying, "there is no such thing as bad publicity...only publicity".

Maybe Derek Smart and the escapist did the exact opposite of what they were hoping.

Thing is this, I was never interested in this game that much, all the drama made me go check it out though and given that what you can see is actually pretty awesome and the potential is amazing,  it's going to make a lot more people to get behind the project. 

This is what happened with me and I guess a lot of others, that number is just going to keep increasing because the game hasn't launched, there is no boredom factor which makes it lose popularity.  People need to keep in mind that this project does not have a 100 million dollar budget, they make something like 1-2 million per month on top of that because it's constantly growing and getting more and more backers.

As such it's not going to run out of money, nor is it going to flounder because the backers simply will not let it. 

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Vrika said:
    Maple Story has more than 100 million players.

Number of registered accounts doesn't mean much when they're counting players who pay nothing. Unless someone thinks that Maple Story really is 100 times better or more popular than Star Citizen.
    It means a lot when it costs 300$ to make an account.
    Are you onto something or just on something?