Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen now listed on IMDB

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
Star Citizen has now been officially posted on IMDB with a 2016 release date!   Check it out here >>>> Star Citizen IMDB

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    2016 eh?  Good luck to them, but I'll be really surprised if they hit that date unless they do an incomplete release.

Perhaps if they focus only on the original KS goals more.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Kyleran said:
    2016 eh?  Good luck to them, but I'll be really surprised if they hit that date unless they do an incomplete release.

Perhaps if they focus only on the original KS goals more.
    Think this is just for Squadron 44 
  • Squadron24Squadron24 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Squadron 42 is officially announced for 2016 , that´s not an internal estimate. It´s an official announcement. It will be out in 2016.
    Some people don´t realize their biggest internal studio has been working on this for quite some time.
    Enlist and reserve your name for Star Citizen/Squadron 42 with my referral link and get 5,000 free game credits   https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-RRVV-M5TH   (gives free stuff to both of us!)  B) 
    Squadron 42 is officially announced for 2016 , that´s not an internal estimate. It´s an official announcement. It will be out in 2016.
    Some people don´t realize their biggest internal studio has been working on this for quite some time.
    I haven't been following that closely, would you consider Squadron 42 to be the full game that was promised during the KS? 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Kyleran said:
    I haven't been following that closely, would you consider Squadron 42 to be the full game that was promised during the KS? 
    These were the $2m goals (aka funding KS goal without any stretch goals):
    • Regular community updates.
    • Citizens with appropriate packages will get to play in the multiplayer dogfighting module.
    • Citizens with appropriate packages will receive access to the 30-mission Squadron 42 campaign upon release.
    These are the related SQ42 stretch goals (the rest are for Star Citizen more than SQ42):
    • Squadron 42 will feature 35 missions.
    • Ship boarding – learn more about how Star Citizen will allow players to conduct boarding operations.
    • Squadron 42 will feature a richer storyline and 45 total missions.
    • Enhanced boarding options: melee combat, heavy weapons, zero gravity simulation, suit HUD options and EVA combat.
    • Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions
    • Professional motion capture for the Squadron 42 cutscenes.
    • Star Citizen and Squadron 42 will feature a full orchestral score.
    • Facial Capture System (what they used to make Oldman's face)
    • Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42
    Last I heard SQ42 is going to have 22-23 chapters with 2-3 missions each, so somewhere between 50-70 missions. The other features we can look at "live" in the CitizenCon gameplay preview.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    PU 2017 beta 2018  release. imo
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Doing something via Kickstarter has all sorts of challenges.

Delivering a project in chunks helps get over some of those. Those who have signed up for SQ42 (should) know that this isn't the full SC.

And delivering it will start to generate coverage for the full product .... positive coverage assuming it is a solid product - which means they will want to nail it!
    azarhal said:
    Kyleran said:
    These were the $2m goals (aka funding KS goal without any stretch goals):
    • Regular community updates.
    • Citizens with appropriate packages will get to play in the multiplayer dogfighting module.
    • Citizens with appropriate packages will receive access to the 30-mission Squadron 42 campaign upon release.
    These are the related SQ42 stretch goals (the rest are for Star Citizen more than SQ42):
    • Squadron 42 will feature 35 missions.
    • Ship boarding – learn more about how Star Citizen will allow players to conduct boarding operations.
    • Squadron 42 will feature a richer storyline and 45 total missions.
    • Enhanced boarding options: melee combat, heavy weapons, zero gravity simulation, suit HUD options and EVA combat.
    • Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions
    • Professional motion capture for the Squadron 42 cutscenes.
    • Star Citizen and Squadron 42 will feature a full orchestral score.
    • Facial Capture System (what they used to make Oldman's face)
    • Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42
    Last I heard SQ42 is going to have 22-23 chapters with 2-3 missions each, so somewhere between 50-70 missions. The other features we can look at "live" in the CitizenCon gameplay preview.
    So it sounds as if the baseline delivery is Squadron 42 and seems doable at this point.

Of course, there is much more to this title over the long haul, but if something solid delivers in 2016 I think they'll have met a major milestone.