Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does housing work?

scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
How does housing work on this game?

I'm thinking to get this and play it casually, mainly for housing, crafting, fishing and farming.

Is it possible to play it casually and be able to buy a house plot and build it as a casual or are plots really limited and costly?

Comments

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    All housing plots are taken pretty much. Only way to get a spot if by buying it from somebody and that can be pretty costly. Count on farming a lot of gold before you can buy a plot.
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Answer is yes.  You can use a CC to get just about anything. Just open your wallet and the game becomes much more enjoyable.  
  • SionedSioned Member UncommonPosts: 135
    housing is a part of the game that shows it potential and it flaws. The housing,farming and crafting are pretty deep and well made. The random stuff goes on my nerves but hey its an asian mmo and we all got used to it over the years.
    Because of the bad and non protected net code and the large guilds who basically rushed for lots: house lots were gone within a few hours of release or server merge.
    The last big update patches where new land was introduced to the game shows that bots are now better than anyone.
    Normaly the system of taxes would destroy houses of ppl who left the game and you could place a house there. Because of the bots you wont make it. Even if you wait for the exact moment and spam your placemnt like hell ... you won't make it. The bots and scripts will get it ALWAYS.

So to aquire a house per normal means is ... just not gonne happen. Either join a guild with enough houses and maybe you get one from them or pay a bot or script kiddy.

When i left the game i gave all my building to the guild. The bots just drove me away.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Really limited and costly.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    scorpex-x said:
    How does housing work on this game?

I'm thinking to get this and play it casually, mainly for housing, crafting, fishing and farming.

Is it possible to play it casually and be able to buy a house plot and build it as a casual or are plots really limited and costly?
    Depends on what you want to do with your land once you get some. While jeori123 isn't entirely wrong, a good portion of accomplishing things in this game is knowing how to approach them. While all the land has been taken up in the safe zones, with a degree of exploration and persistence you can find land in PvP zones. As of 2.0 you cannot be attacked while in housing districts, making housing areas in PvP zones relatively safe (Unless the zone is in war). Me and a small group of friends started 3 WEEKS after the launch of the new NA server Morpheus and we managed to secure close to 10 plots of land including 4 total 24x24 plots (3 thatched and 1 Gazeebo) as well as several 16x16's right next to eachother. 

Granted this was all accomplished due to being in the enemies continent that is completely landlocked. This doesn't cause an issue because as I said to my earlier comment, its down to what you can do with it. The advantage of using land as farmland to purely  grow crops and commodities to make a living without the need for a specific location. One thing I do suggest is at least subbing your account for the first month of play and if you can manage to get into the swing of things you can pay for your sub with in game gold. Even when you have trouble finding land you can take upon a trade that doesn't require it such as blacksmithing and mining and use it as a way of funding the ability to purchase a plot from someone. 
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited October 2015
    Sioned said:
    housing is a part of the game that shows it potential and it flaws. The housing,farming and crafting are pretty deep and well made. The random stuff goes on my nerves but hey its an asian mmo and we all got used to it over the years.
    Because of the bad and non protected net code and the large guilds who basically rushed for lots: house lots were gone within a few hours of release or server merge.
    The last big update patches where new land was introduced to the game shows that bots are now better than anyone.
    Normaly the system of taxes would destroy houses of ppl who left the game and you could place a house there. Because of the bots you wont make it. Even if you wait for the exact moment and spam your placemnt like hell ... you won't make it. The bots and scripts will get it ALWAYS.

So to aquire a house per normal means is ... just not gonne happen. Either join a guild with enough houses and maybe you get one from them or pay a bot or script kiddy.

When i left the game i gave all my building to the guild. The bots just drove me away.

While I admit the game had its share of problems, your post sounds very much like someone who quit at launch and has very little knowledge of how the game currently fares. I'll admit the only reason why I even bothered to pick this title up again was the opening of a new server, and as I mentioned we got plenty of land despite being 3 weeks too late. A size-able amount of your qualms in this post have been addressed either in 1.8 or now 2.0, but trust me this game has plenty of flaws. 
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited October 2015
    1. You need to obtain building plans. They come in various types and sizes.
        example : A farm garden is 8 x 8 sized plot which is empty and you can place crops and livestock etc in   it.
                        a scarecrow farm is a 16 x 16 sized  plot.
    a cottage is 16 x 16  sized house type of building.

2. You need to find a free spot of that size your building fits on it.
    3. You place you building and then start to fully build it, for that you ll need materials like lumber and stone.
    4. After placed you ll need to pay weekly taxes for every building you own.
    5. You can change certain permissions on use of the building and allow family or guild members to use it cause everything put on your land is safe from others.
    6. Certain building types you can upgrade furher in size and shape.
    7. the building plans you can obtain through quests (your first garden and scarecrow farm), though guilda stars and though buing them from other players.
    8. Plans can't be destoyed. If you don't pay taxes or demolish your ghouse yourself the plan will be returned via mail to you but you spot is now freed up and everyone else can occupy it with his buildings.
    9. Within houses you can places many sort  of decors, crafting stations, storage chests, household things like tables, chairs, beds etc., storage chests.  Outside your house and on your farms you can place plants, crops, flowers, chickens, cows, goats etc. etc and start your business with them.