Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha 2.0: Press Demo

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha 2.0: Press Demo

This is a pre-recording of the demo shown live during the CitizenCon 2015 Presentation. How

Read the full story here

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Looks like this dream of a game is slowly coming to reality :)
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Looks like a damage control spin job. No one has heard anything about this game since before Christmas. Now suddenly when the whole company looks like a dumpster fire you have multiple videos being released, 'big time'' voice actors names being released, and CR is doing multiple interviews. Not really sure what that vid is supposed to prove anyway. Thats what 90 mil gets you after a few years? Repop had more than that after 6 weeks, and no money. But the guys who dumped money in this can look at this have make themselves feel better.
  • apothusapothus Member UncommonPosts: 3
    That's what we've been waiting for. Can't wait.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Looks good to me.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    rodarin said:
    Looks like a damage control spin job. No one has heard anything about this game since before Christmas. Now suddenly when the whole company looks like a dumpster fire you have multiple videos being released, 'big time'' voice actors names being released, and CR is doing multiple interviews. Not really sure what that vid is supposed to prove anyway. Thats what 90 mil gets you after a few years? Repop had more than that after 6 weeks, and no money. But the guys who dumped money in this can look at this have make themselves feel better.
     Citizen Convention has been planed for quite a while.I think what you mean to say is, the articles and bad press had a very opportunistic time for release being 1 week before the event. 
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Realizer said:
    rodarin said:

Citizen Convention has been planed for quite a while.I think what you mean to say is, the articles and bad press had a very opportunistic time for release being 1 week before the event. 
    Yah, almost like a planned hatchet job trying to strike the target when it is extremely vulnerable...of course I'm sure even thinking that makes me a kool-aid drinking sell out fanboi or something.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    wake me up when its done.

im one of these cheap 28.-€ backers but cannot play it because they want extra money for accessing their alpha and beta and whatnot.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Realizer said:
    rodarin said:
    Actually that is pretty poor timing. All those pretty demoes everyone knew was coming was sure to boost the optimist side. Actualyy optimal killing would have been to hold one for a few weeks more THEN hit the "they are running out of money" button. WOUld have done way more damage. People tend to hang on to the newest impression, and this weekend have pretty much killed the pesimist side for now. So be happy about the timing if you are on the optimist side.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    rodarin said:
    Looks like a damage control spin job. No one has heard anything about this game since before Christmas.
    If you have not heard anything since before Christmas you have been hiding well. Dozens of videoblogs, Monthly and weekly progress reports, various game convention demo shows with people playing the game live on stage, a ton of fluff text from the writers etc etc. Not to mention thousands of fan made videos on Youtube. Have fun
    I see the typical responses here. Trust me if they has ANYTHING remotely playable they would be selling alpha releases to it just like every other game does. All this company has done from day one is tried to find a way to separate people from their money. The most obvious go to card these days is selling 'alpha' access. I am sure that the ONLY reason they have even made an effort at trying to make something playable so they can milk money from anyone who hasnt forked over anything for a ship or generic crowd funding level. 90 million hasnt been enough I guess to make said alpha version. I guess they got caught up in selling all those ship jpegs to everyone. But now that they ran out of those theyre actually trying to make something people can log in to. But if they have already sold x amount of alpha access passes with their crowd funding and other things they have already sold then the well of new people willing to buy in might be small for them. I am sure 'something' will eventually be released. But it wont be anything remotely resembling what has been described or what people expect. At best it will be a P2W wallet warrior space sim, at worst it wont even happen at all. In any event if it does get released there will be a half a dozen othe games that will be more hyped and have more people willing to give money to for a 'vision'. So the cycle will continue.
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Graphically impressive, Although the animations need sorting out. It's a bit janky. Also, I didn't see anything going on that was "Fun".

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    JUST THAT?
    >>>>Trust me if they has ANYTHING remotely playable they would be selling alpha releases to it just like every other game does.>>> Well, thats what they have been doing for 3 years now. With some of the modules (space combat) playable for 1.5 years. Have fun
    Erillion said:
    >>>>Trust me if they has ANYTHING remotely playable they would be selling alpha releases to it just like every other game does.>>> Well, thats what they have been doing for 3 years now. With some of the modules (space combat) playable for 1.5 years. Have fun
    Thats actually a negative. That joke they released last June or whenever was like a fart in a hurricane. UI was trash, ships moved like shit. But like this vid "The graphics looked awesome". But since that time they have doubled their donations from 45 at that time to 90 now. 15 + months later there is nothing else playable and no addition to what they released that was. I dont even thing they have updated or upgraded what they released. Not that anyone actually played it because there isnt anything to do in it. The timing of all these moves and videos and announcements speaks volumes. Generally these things occur when there is actually something TANGIBLE to introduce. But like I said this is basically damage control and them thinking that letting guys peek under the mattress will quell the anxiety. It probably works to some extent but Next March, April, may when nothing new has been released other than more fluff and puff then what? More excuses and pretty videos? The excuses of "its only been xxx amount of time" get weaker as those xxx increase. If it eventually becomes "its only been 5 years" is it then time to get anxious if nothing tangible is being released?
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    How about put all modules together and make them work for once isntead investing more cash into fluff? It looks good but, were talking about 90mil here- and the game is still not in a playable state. In open beta they will ask for founder packs: 199.- 499.- 999._ 9999.-
    @rodarin >>>I dont even thing they have updated or upgraded what they released.>>> You should read more (there are tons of updates and upgrades) and - in case you are a backer - I invite you to test (more), as a lot of things are constantly being improved. And if no one is playing it, then i seem to talk to ghosts during cooperative PvE, PvP and ship racing. And there i thought these are many other players i am communicating with. But that cannot be, because rodarin said so.... Have fun