Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me a good RPG of my taste

mubeenunmubeenun Member UncommonPosts: 38
guys,,, i like RPG stories like 'legendery moonlight sculptor' and 'the Gamer' please suggest an RPG similar to these. i hope it is something in which skills also get experience and level up

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Have you read all the fanfictions where the system of "the gamer" or sometimes fallout is put into a series like Harry Potter or Naruto?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/community/The-Video-Game-Plot/105176/99/1/1/0/0/0/0/

Also, have you read Re: Monster and other things on this list:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2ccfkv/any_mangas_like_remonster_and_the_gamer/

As far as MMOs, I don't know of one.  I have a tabletop/email/forum roleplaying system where the setting is an MMO-like world (there is no real world, everyone lives in a world where they level up and get points to spend, etc.)
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • mubeenunmubeenun Member UncommonPosts: 38
    @sunandshadow thanks for answering.... I have already read most of the stories above... What's the difference I felt from nearly similar RPGs were that the skills don't get experience and level up or upgrade and stuff.
    Re:monster was also good to an extent... There should be many skills and the game should look more real even if it were 2d
    Or in second thoughts.. I should be able to create skills with a special action maybe.. I mean there should be tons of skills..
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited October 2015
    I do not think you can find a game like "The Gamer" where a powerful hot female 30 level above you will continue to tell you that she is willing to do "anything" for you :awesome: 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

@jesterways... True.. But I do think some features in the stories can be made practical and would be more awesome to the current RPG world
    And the theme you told is available in many obscene games lol! :awesome:
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited October 2015
    @mubeenun ; If you are looking for the type of gameplay where skills upgrade with use, stats go up with activity then you can try ultima online or ragnarok online or lineage korea, they are all very old games.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

@jesterways, thanks dude that was what I was asking.. And to be frank I don't have much RPG experience.. I started playing a bit after reading these stories only.. But found nothing similar to it...
    Or what do you think of this skill levelling up theme? Would it make the game more difficult or interesting? I think it could make unique characters if there are a loot of skills.. And all players combining different types of skills.. There will be unique players throughout the game....
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    mubeenun said:
    @sunandshadow thanks for answering.... I have already read most of the stories above... What's the difference I felt from nearly similar RPGs were that the skills don't get experience and level up or upgrade and stuff.
    The tabletop/play-by-post roleplay system I mentioned does have the player earning stat points and skill upgrades, as well as relationships with NPCs.  You level up every time you gain 20 points of stats and/or main skills - no XP involved.  Your reward for leveling up is perk points, which you spend in the perk shop to customize your character's looks and non-combat abilities like flying.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    Ok...
    I was busy and couldn't check out these games... But I hope I could play games with skill increase and there are many ways to get permanent stats increase other than by levelling up just like in LMS u know