Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained | Get Some Class | MMORPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained | Get Some Class | MMORPG

After 887 words that had nothing to do with anything I realized I had once again drifted too far off course! As tempted as I was to send in a bunch of unrelated short rants about blenders and Cthulhu just to test the fine editors of MMORPG.com, I clicked the trash icon and started over.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    "What is wrong with the lush green field and forest image above? Needs more blood! Waaagh!" "Waaagh!" is the correct answer :)
     W...aaagh?
  • NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Good article. Love the Devout class concepts. A different kind of healer. And as to your lush green field...it needs a new layer of iron rich Arthurian blood for fertilizer.

Nanulak

• FoggyeFoggye Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited October 2015
    grogstorm said:
    Good article. Love the Devout class concepts. A different kind of healer. And as to your lush green field...it needs a new layer of iron rich Arthurian blood for fertilizer.

The decision to spread out a class a bit more, with less paths, and give more distinction to them resulted in the Devout archetype; which is a healer-hybrid. You don't see a lot of healer hybrids in gaming usually because hybridization usually happens for the healer's spec/path line. Here they've taken some of their ideas for healers, make them their own archetype and then bring back the Pure healer. Can't wait to see those.

As I always say. Don't give me a Tank that can tank, DPS and/or cast based on spec line, but give me a Tank that can tank in a multitude of different ways (control, bodyguarding, or survivalability.) Tired of every class trying to be some sort of F-22-like all purpose class. I prefer to be able to identify with what role that class is designed to do, and have the majority of it's toolkit support that role.

So imagine my excitement to see a line of classes "devoted" (see what I did there) to being healer hybrids.
  • ZiezoZiezo Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Oo Helbound kinda like a bloodmage! whoohoo....Want!

Playing: TESO (great!)
    Most looking forward for: Everquest Next
    Have Played: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, Everquest Online Adventures, Everquest 1, EverQuest 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Aion, CoH, Loong, Dragon nest, LoL, Alods, Diablo 3, NWN, Tera, Poe, Guild Wars 2, Rift
    Most favorite; Everquest online Adventures (EQOA, 2003, PS2)

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I am not a big fan of hybrids. But, at least, CU will not have any dual-spec nonsense that allows me to toggle back and forth between my Shadow-spec and my Discipline-spec... Ugh! Utilitarian, yes. Immersion busting, you bet!
  • NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    edited October 2015
    The last thing in the world I am looking for in a game is more responsibility. My life is already full of responsibility. What I want in a game is just a casual kill or be killed fun mechanic. For this a hybrid is perfect. I do not want to be the cleric responsible for the entire groups lives. I don't want to be the tank and have to constantly manage aggro to save the group. I just want to play and have fun with the ability to just up and stop at any time and take care of real life at the drop of a hat. Hybrids and more solo like class's fit this bill for me.

Nanulak

grogstorm said:
    The last thing in the world I am looking for in a game is more responsibility. My life is already full of responsibility. What I want in a game is just a casual kill or be killed fun mechanic. For this a hybrid is perfect. I do not want to be the cleric responsible for the entire groups lives. I don't want to be the tank and have to constantly manage aggro to save the group. I just want to play and have fun with the ability to just up and stop at any time and take care of real life at the drop of a hat. Hybrids and more solo like class's fit this bill for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if hybrids turn out to be small scale & solo friendly (or even, god forbid, OP). What I don't want to see is them being forced to min/max in the large scale, becoming some kind of second rate pure healers thus losing class identity. Wouldn't be the first time that happens.

As MJ said during KS, "Balancing will be the ongoing nightmare" and maybe I'm expecting too much from zergy spammy mess (AKA large scale). Anyway, I know I'll be playing my Blessed Crow no matter what.

W...aaagh?
  • LlarsLlars Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Why did you have to bring up WAR Online? :( R.I.P. Also, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't mention that dedicated off-healers aren't new for these folks. DAoC's Friar class fit that bill and was generally awesome to play. You would have liked them I think, Grogstorm

SoW and Invis please! :)

edited October 2015
    Meantime, the Archers were revealed - http://camelotunchained.com/v2/class-reveal-archers/#

Here is the Reveal No2 broadcast recording (fast forward to 6:00).

Edited for bugged twitch link
    Edit 2 @Llars: Waaagh! >:)
     W...aaagh?