Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Art Director Sought for Unannounced Diablo Product | Diablo 3 | MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageArt Director Sought for Unannounced Diablo Product | Diablo 3 | MMORPG.com

It seems that Diablo III fans have a lot to look forward to in next month's Blizzcon as it appears a new franchise expansion or title is going to be announced. The Blizzard jobs page has been updated with an advertisement for an Art Director for an "unannounced project" in the Diablo series and that the idea candidate should have "a passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Diablo 4: The Quest For More Money
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @ThumbtackJ Such a cynic. They are a business and are supposed to make money. Diablo 3 has been hugely popular on consoles and is one of Blizzard's best franchises these days. It makes perfect sense that they are continuing the series. I'm looking forward to the Blizzcon announcement. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ManciManci Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited November 2017
    Post edited by Manci on
    Open World Interactive
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    A Diablo MMORPG? That anouncement would blow up Blizzcon´s roof! :D
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189
    I wouldn't think that an expansion would need a Art Director, since the art style is already set for Diablo 3. So I can only guess that this is a new game in the Diablo franchise. I wonder what it will be!
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Manci said:
    Diablo needs some PVP !!!
    Diablo never been pvp game. and even with pvp its unbalanced+gear difrence. no one cares.
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    diablo 4 : the path of exile copy paste

moo all

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Next Diablo = Lost Ark So Diablo team wake up, and make Diablo mmorpg cmon bois

l2p

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I would hate PVP in Diablo 3. The nerfing and "balancing" of fun and useful PVE skills in order to please PVP people...
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    As people complain that people want to pve up there pvp games...stop trying to force your pvp in every game.
  • PegasusUKPegasusUK Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Piscore said:
    Next Diablo = Lost Ark So Diablo team wake up, and make Diablo mmorpg cmon bois
    I completely agree. Lost Ark and Lineage eternal are going to be threats towards Diablo 3 next year so hopefully the devs are taking note and move in a different direction.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Aori said:
    I would hate PVP in Diablo 3. The nerfing and "balancing" of fun and useful PVE skills in order to please PVP people...
    PvP is in Diablo 3.. 

Either way pot meet kettle, no one cries for nerfs quite like a PvEr not at the top of the charts.
    I dont consider brawling PVP. I am talking about structured PVP.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Aori said:
    Aori said:
    PvP is in Diablo 3.. 

Either way pot meet kettle, no one cries for nerfs quite like a PvEr not at the top of the charts.
    I dont consider brawling PVP. I am talking about structured PVP.
    Structured PvP is the worst PvP.
    Structured PvP is the best kind of PvP for most types of games.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Talmien said:
    I wouldn't think that an expansion would need a Art Director, since the art style is already set for Diablo 3. So I can only guess that this is a new game in the Diablo franchise. I wonder what it will be!
    An art director doesn't just set the tone of the art assets and then "done". The Art Director is constantly touching base with what all the artists are working on, tweaking this and that, giving advice on this and that, leading the team so that there is consistency in everything. So this doesn't have to necessarily be a new Diablo game.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Diablo MMO ftw

Kick to the Face.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    I'm kind of hoping this will be for another expansion, after the one they better be releasing very soon!
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Blizzard isn't going to do another MMO anymore. I think that has been pretty clear after the cancelation of Titan. There is much more money in card games and e-sport games. This is going to be their focus from now on.
  • BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402
    My bet's on a new class and a zone to match their background.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited October 2015
    @JeroKane - While I agree with you in principle, Blizzard has not ruled out making another MMO. Given D3's enormous success both in reinventing itself and its launch on consoles, I think that a Diablo-themed MMO could conceivably happen, though I'm not inclined to think that that's what is going to happen this time. I suspect it wouldn't be a "true" MMO anyway, but something much more akin to Guild Wars 2 and if it's built from the ground up to be playable from launch on PC and console? Pure gold. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    indeed it would, an mmo set in the diablo world surely would be worth a look :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    As much as I would love a Diablo MMO, if that ever comes, it'll be after games like Lost Ark or Lineage Eternal show whether or not the west wants those kinds of games. Instead, I expect this is for an expansion or something else entirely.

What's interesting to me is that an Art Director is a pretty big job. So either they're not that far along and just hiring roles, or this is for something more than an expansion.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    SBFord said:
    @JeroKane - While I agree with you in principle, Blizzard has not ruled out making another MMO. Given D3's enormous success both in reinventing itself and its launch on consoles, I think that a Diablo-themed MMO could conceivably happen, though I'm not inclined to think that that's what is going to happen this time. I suspect it wouldn't be a "true" MMO anyway, but something much more akin to Guild Wars 2 and if it's built from the ground up to be playable from launch on PC and console? Pure gold. :)
    I got a bit excited reading what you wrote.  I know this isn't a confirmation or anything.  But I've always wanted a Diablo MMO.  So any discussion on it pleases me :-)
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Diablo: Ghosts

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    SBFord said:

The MMO market is just too volatile, too saturated at this moment. It has become too big of a risk for investment.

And if they decide to do another MMO, it will most definitely be a heavily cashshop driven F2P MMO.
    A game I would not want to play anyway. Thanks, but no thanks.

• TimesplitTimesplit Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Considering they crashed everything Diablo stood for previously, i don't think there's much hope for another Diablo title. It's probably going to be another combination of Warcraft / Diablo. Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal will be the decding factor for them next year. It's not hard to imagine a micro-transaction driven game, built from the ground up for both PC and Console releasing from Activision(Blizzard) these days.