Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Drone Swarms

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
There is a revival of space sims in the last years. Star Citizen, Elite:Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Rogue Galaxy, Everspace etc.

Add one more to that list and IMHO  it has an interesting preview video:

"Drone Swarm":

http://stillalive-studios.com/portfolio-item/drone-swarm/

Which brings me to a topic that Star Citizen seems to be lacking. DRONES ! Hey, I am Gallente in EVE Online .. i LIKE drones ;-)

Hopefully they will add drones as pets in the FPS part - CryEngine has that feature. But i would like to see drones in space too. Sitting powered down in an asteroid belt, controlling fighting drones with tight-beam laser links as they crush my enemies, not risking my own ship ... that sounds nice.

Have fun

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    That looks pretty awesome. I'm personally looking forward to this one:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266620/
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Doesn't SC already have a rather bloated plan as far as features are concerned?

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Doesn't SC already have a rather bloated plan as far as features are concerned?
    Does not have to be added until game launch.  I am perfectly happy if they add it later.

Kinda like the planned Thargoid invasion expansion in Elite:Dangerous where they will feature drones on the side of the attackers.

Have fun 

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Do you have to pay 50 dollars per drone?
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    andre369 said:
    Do you have to pay 50 dollars per drone?
    Ask the devs.

Have fun