Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes!

Comments

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    edited October 2015
    I would say that Derek Smart is a guy that has been a failure his whole life, all the "games" he has had a hand in have been total failures to the point he has no job and nobody wants to employ him.   At this point he is enjoying the fame he has missed his whole life by being the bad guy to a developer that has achieved everything he wish he had. 

If I could guess what he plans to do, it would be that he is trying to rush Star Citizen out the door so that it can launch in an unsatisfactory state and then try launch his own kickstarter space sim via kickstarter after.

On the plus side, this whole drama that he instigated was really fun to read.  I had little interest in star citizen (until it launches) but all this certainly put it on my watch list, I've even been considering backing it.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    scorpex-x said:
    ..., I've even been considering backing it.
    If you do .. welcome to the 'Verse :-)

Have fun
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    edited October 2015
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun
    What 'Verse?-  Some unconnected demos that will never work together in unison.

Going to citizenCON Erillion? Exciting times ahead- Got that popcorn ready?

EDIT- hey man, the OT is where the money is right? trying to real-quick-like change some things for the citizenCON to prove the boogeyman wrong lol. Funny fucking shit .
    Post edited by Jacxolope on
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    dsmart said:
    Thanks, though I believe that 90 days is a bit too short (or you know something we dont hehe).
    If I were to bet, I would definitely say that if by the summer 2016 they have nothing solid, then its GG for the company and the backers.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    edited October 2015
    dsmart said:
    Thanks, though I believe that 90 days is a bit too short (or you know something we dont hehe).
    If I were to bet, I would definitely say that if by the summer 2016 they have nothing solid, then its GG for the company and the backers.
    I would say 90 is more than a good estimate.

Maybe not for the 'very end' but for the end. 90 is actually probably giving a pretty decent buffer here for margin of error.

EDIT- That aside, we could also see a handoff of the company which (henceforth known as - Pulling an Appleton) would change things considerably (for good or ill)- This was my expectation until the "letter" to the Escapist. Now...idk. Buckle in though- Shits going to get interesting.
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited October 2015
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun

EDIT- hey man, the OT is where the money is right? trying to real-quick-like change some things for the citizenCON to prove the boogeyman wrong lol. Funny fucking shit .
    I don't understand how something that hasn't been made yet can have it's own convention, i think they are trying to be as big as wow on 90 million which i can't see happening.

I didn't even know the convention was in my home city either until yesterday.

The reason why Blizzard has it's own blizzcon because it has succesful games released.
    Post edited by AnnaTS on
    edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun

I don't understand how something that hasn't been made yet can have it's own convention, i think they are trying to be a big a wow on 90 million which i can't see happening.

I didn't even know the convention was in my home city either.

The reason why Blizzard has it's own blizzcon because it has succesful games released.
    Because this whole thing has been smoke and mirrors and the "CONvention" reinforces their narrative in a controlled way.

This whole thing is brilliant, regardless of if this was planned this way or just organically happened- This is the first ever marketed cult and the CONs help reinforce things to the faithful who will open their wallets.

Especially if the faithful are convinced there is an outside group trying to "destroy them" and it becomes "us against the world" as usually happens in Cults. Most cults of this sort end with the hardcore in a standoff and the giving of ones life-This Cult will end in a standoff and the giving of ones bank account.

This is the truth.

One day books will be written about this. derek Smart will be the hero. lol

EDIT- I placed an 'lol' after the last sentence. Actually this is all incredibly sad.
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Jacxolope said:

You know Derek Smart may be wrong or right but is still very funny that he is investing so much time and money just for "social justice" B)
    edited October 2015
    Jacxolope said:

You know Derek Smart may be wrong or right but is still very funny that he is investing so much time and money just for "social justice" B)
    Its hilarious-

But this isnt SJW in the traditional sense- This is gamers trying to fix shit that has went wrong with our hobby.

This is the Policing of our hobby as best can be done.

And DS being a hero is funny as shit- But thats the truth and how History will see this. I dont speak for DS (I support him) but I think hes here   as gamer and nothing else.

Im sure you could ask him, and if you're polite he may appear to answer. His motivations arent really my concern though imho- Hes doing right. Hes right.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Jacxolope said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun

I don't understand how something that hasn't been made yet can have it's own convention, i think they are trying to be a big a wow on 90 million which i can't see happening.

Because this whole thing has been smoke and mirrors and the "CONvention" reinforces their narrative in a controlled way.

This whole thing is brilliant, regardless of if this was planned this way or just organically happened- This is the first ever marketed cult and the CONs help reinforce things to the faithful who will open their wallets.

Especially if the faithful are convinced there is an outside group trying to "destroy them" and it becomes "us against the world" as usually happens in Cults. Most cults of this sort end with the hardcore in a standoff and the giving of ones life-This Cult will end in a standoff and the giving of ones bank account.

This is the truth.

EDIT- I placed an 'lol' after the last sentence. Actually this is all incredibly sad.

No, you had the lol right as soon as you said Derek Smart will be a hero. If you're so infatuated with Derek Smart, why not give Line of Defence a try. I mean it's a "real" game and it's already on steam and it's been well received, lol.

I also put an lol at the end of my sentence, but it is incredibly sad. 

I really still don't get the con idea. Why would someone spend the money that CR is spending if it were a con? He doesn't need to have 4 or 5 or 10 studios. He doesn't need 250+ employees. Why couldn't he go with 100 employees and then save himself 10 or 15 million a year to pad his pockets? Additionally, most highly-anticipated KS funded games have seen 10 times, plus, return versus their KS campaign. So why would CR NOT want to release this game? It's already been shown to be a cash cow, and it isn't even released. It could be a billion dollar property. He has every reason in the world to release the game. 

As far as cult mentality goes, I have three words, "Pot, meet kettle". I mean, come on, you call DS a hero. I'd say go get checked out at a doctor, but it's already too late. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Do we have independent proof that he has 250 employees ? Or is it only what he claims. How do we know whether there really are that many employed by him ?

edited October 2015
    CrazKanuk said:
    Jacxolope said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun

This is the truth.

No, you had the lol right as soon as you said Derek Smart will be a hero. If you're so infatuated with Derek Smart, why not give Line of Defence a try. I mean it's a "real" game and it's already on steam and it's been well received, lol.

I really still don't get the con idea. Why would someone spend the money that CR is spending if it were a con? He doesn't need to have 4 or 5 or 10 studios. He doesn't need 250+ employees. Why couldn't he go with 100 employees and then save himself 10 or 15 million a year to pad his pockets? Additionally, most highly-anticipated KS funded games have seen 10 times, plus, return versus their KS campaign. So why would CR NOT want to release this game? It's already been shown to be a cash cow, and it isn't even released. It could be a billion dollar property. He has every reason in the world to release the game. 

As far as cult mentality goes, I have three words, "Pot, meet kettle". I mean, come on, you call DS a hero. I'd say go get checked out at a doctor, but it's already too late. 
    I said DS will be seen as a hero once the dust settles- Watch.

I'm "infatuated" with  nobody- Fact is I had never heard of DS until I saw an article he wrote for Rexxion and realized we were on the same "side". My problems with SC began before I had heard of DS's problems .

Truth is - Now that I have looked into DS. I fucking like the guy. However, that had nothing to do with my problems with SC. Without DS  there would be nothing to talk about but hype. Dude has balls.

-As for everything else- You seem the type to put your money where your mouth is- Buy another ship.

LOD dint crowfund 100 Million fucking dollars or DS and I would not be on the same side right now.I swear. He funded his own shit. Like a man who lives and dies by his own work not money rained upon his fucking head for bullshit.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Jacxolope said:

Its hilarious-

But this isnt SJW in the traditional sense- This is gamers trying to fix shit that has went wrong with our hobby.

And DS being a hero is funny as shit- But thats the truth and how History will see this. I dont speak for DS (I support him) but I think hes here   as gamer and nothing else.

Im sure you could ask him, and if you're polite he may appear to answer. His motivations arent really my concern though imho- Hes doing right. Hes right.
    Don´t lump all together... Especially when "this is" a tiny subfraction fo a tiny subfraction that pretty much only get airtime because it is clickbait worthy. But if you think that a person as well versed in viral marketing as Mr Smart would not have a agenda with what he does... Well... God bless your innocent soul... Because reality sure as f*** will not. 

He is a man with an axe to grind and he just came across his perfect grindstone. Maybe he is the hero you people deserve... but he is far from the hero the genre/hobby needs. 

And no to call your qualifications in to question (actually that would be a lie) but i would not trust most in here to police a school-crossing... Let alone act as a advocate for a entire genre. (even if you could... You can´t.. but if you could. )

This have been a good conversation

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Why is this even about Derek Smart at this point? He's really not very relevant. Who cares who blew teh whistle? Even if he didn't, and assuming it's the truth, time itself would have blown the whistle, and if it's not true, then it's "business as usual" which for all we know is still a possibility. The only thing that should matter to backers is what's really going on in CIG. DS will be villified or vindicated, but that hinges solely on Chris Roberts.
    Why is this even about Derek Smart at this point? He's really not very relevant. Who cares who blew teh whistle? Even if he didn't, and assuming it's the truth, time itself would have blown the whistle, and if it's not true, then it's "business as usual" which for all we know is still a possibility. The only thing that should matter to backers is what's really going on in CIG. DS will be villified or vindicated, but that hinges solely on Chris Roberts.

Because we established a bit earlier that without him specifically nobody would have really cared one iota and the angry people would not have a article made about them.  

edited October 2015
    tawess said:
    Jacxolope said:

Its hilarious-

Don´t lump all together... Especially when "this is" a tiny subfraction fo a tiny subfraction that pretty much only get airtime because it is clickbait worthy. But if you think that a person as well versed in viral marketing as Mr Smart would not have a agenda with what he does... Well... God bless your innocent soul... Because reality sure as f*** will not. 

He is a man with an axe to grind and he just came across his perfect grindstone. Maybe he is the hero you people deserve... but he is far from the hero the genre/hobby needs. 

And no to call your qualifications in to question (actually that would be a lie) but i would not trust most in here to police a school-crossing... Let alone act as a advocate for a entire genre. (even if you could... You can´t.. but if you could. )
    I dont CARE if he has an agenda...

Dude, the last crowdfunded game I went after was due to an agenda because the dude ripped my buddy off.

I even admitted the bias I had- But I had truth and documentation on my side... Just because I had an agenda didnt mean my information was bad. It wasnt - And I like to hope I saved some sucker a few bucks because they were crowdfunding at their website.

So even if DS has an agenda-it doesnt take way from the factualness of his claims.
    -Hes right.

EDIT- My qualifications? HA- Im a white boy  nerd who grew up in the hoods of Detroit (if you can imagine) and I know the way the world works as a result. Ive crossed  confidence men, scammers and real  motherfuckers unlike these neckbeard hipster fucks. Easy to spot .

Since nobody was doing anything, I qualified myself.
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Jacxolope said:
    Jacxolope said:

Its hilarious-

Nah I think this is just D measuring. He is kinda butthurt and i am just having a big pack of popcorn nearby.
    Jacxolope said:

So even if DS has an agenda-it doesnt take way from the factualness of his claims.
    -Hes right.
    That remains to be seen. Last i checked the jury was still out and it was down to word against word. 

Also it is worth pointing out that DS history shows that his agenda is CR and not SC... SC is just convenient thanks to it being Kickstarter funded..

• SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Jacxolope said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Jacxolope said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun

This is the truth.

I'm "infatuated" with  nobody- Fact is I had never heard of DS until I saw an article he wrote for Rexxion and realized we were on the same "side". My problems with SC began before I had heard of DS's problems .

Truth is - Now that I have looked into DS. I fucking like the guy. However, that had nothing to do with my problems with SC. Without DS  there would be nothing to talk about but hype. Dude has balls.

-As for everything else- You seem the type to put your money where your mouth is- Buy another ship.

LOD dint crowfund 100 Million fucking dollars or DS and I would not be on the same side right now.I swear. He funded his own shit. Like a man who lives and dies by his own work not money rained upon his fucking head for bullshit.

Oh Jax... there you go again... in the other discussion we had I wrote some things about DS and his mentality. You accuse me and other to be obsessed by him. What are you doing here and right now? 

Please go back and read what I wrote or I will post it here for you again. Look in the mirror and ask yourself that what you accuse us to be could be said about yourself (and worse in my humble opinion).
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited October 2015
    kitarad said:
    Do we have independent proof that he has 250 employees ? Or is it only what he claims. How do we know whether there really are that many employed by him ?
    Numerous backers having visited the various studios at the beginning of the project.

They had to tighten security because too many showed up, most unannounced (but they were bringing presents .. mostly food ... you should find some reports on the internet about those visits from the 2013/early 2014 time period).

Or you ask our MMORPG.COM moderators:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/view/videos/gameID/883/videoId/3385
    (MMORPG.com Video of Star Citizen Studio visit)

Have fun

tawess said:
    Jacxolope said:

-Hes right.
    That remains to be seen. Last i checked the jury was still out and it was down to word against word. 

Also it is worth pointing out that DS history shows that his agenda is CR and not SC... SC is just convenient thanks to it being Kickstarter funded..
    90 days bro-

I'm wrong, i'll not only appologize but also be happy as hell since I will buy this game if its real.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Jacxolope said:
    tawess said:
    Jacxolope said:

-Hes right.

90 days bro-

I'm wrong, i'll not only appologize but also be happy as hell since I will buy this game if its real.

If this game is real......I'll be right there with you.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Jacxolope said:
    tawess said:
    Jacxolope said:

Its hilarious-

Dude, the last crowdfunded game I went after was due to an agenda because the dude ripped my buddy off.

I even admitted the bias I had- But I had truth and documentation on my side... Just because I had an agenda didnt mean my information was bad. It wasnt - And I like to hope I saved some sucker a few bucks because they were crowdfunding at their website.

-Hes right.

EDIT- My qualifications? HA- Im a white boy  nerd who grew up in the hoods of Detroit (if you can imagine) and I know the way the world works as a result. Ive crossed  confidence men, scammers and real  motherfuckers unlike these neckbeard hipster fucks. Easy to spot .

Me too, my Dad owned a store on Hoover between 8 and 7 mile rds.  =)
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Jacxolope said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Jacxolope said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Jacxolope said:
    Erillion said:
    scorpex-x said:

Have fun

This is the truth.

I figured you like him, it's all over your posts. Problem is that you're talking "cult" regarding these SC & CR people and you're the one jumping into flames for DS. It's a fucking joke. If you'd like to pray at the alter of Derek Smart, that's all well and good with me, but make no mistake that the guy is a raging asshole who has never created anything innovative or worthy of playing. That's simply a well-known fact. 

Derek Smart created his own shit? With his own money? Really? Are you fucking joking me right now? Before you go ahead and start preaching about how ethical Derek Smart is or how he uses his "own" money, you should probably do some research. Derek Smart has never created a single game that would have generated enough money to fund ANY game let alone $15 million dollars (or whatever he claims to have invested in it). This money has all come at the expense of others. Derek Smart is skilled in hostile acquisitions and nothing more. 

You're right, Derek Smart didn't use crowdfunding......because NOBODY WOULD HAVE BACKED IT!!!! Don't believe me? I challenge Derek Smart to put up a Kickstarter campaign with a goal of $500,000 (same as SC) and then see how well it does. I'm sure that he would be more than able to do that. I mean he already has a game that's in Early Access, so it's something people can play immediately. 

Oh!! And as long as we're talking about crowd funding and cons, how is it that you're putting Derek Smart on a pedestal when he's fucking people over as bad, or worse, than CR. That article is from a year ago and the game has not improved significantly. So what's worse? Selling ships to something that doesn't exist yet? Or selling access to a game that has been broken for over a year now, and is not improving? See, Derek's long con is that he'll just say "I only have 15 developers, we're working very hard." for the next 3 or 4 years. There is zero difference. What Derek Smart really needs is the tech that SC is developing. Oh WAIT!!! That's why this all came up in the first place. It's Derek's MO down to a "T" 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited October 2015
    Brenics said:
    Jacxolope said:
    tawess said:
    Jacxolope said:

Its hilarious-

-Hes right.

Me too, my Dad owned a store on Hoover between 8 and 7 mile rds.  =)
    SW Coolige-

Man you're a bro? Awesome.

I'm not there anymore , Im more Ann Arbor area now semi close to U of M.

I know hoover and 8 mile well man. 

I got out of there when I was a young man- The D aint no joke. I still visit but I enjoy suburbia a whole lot better . I grew up dirt poor and ill never be poor again =)