Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Employees Speak Out on Project Woes!

Comments

• salaciouscrumbssalaciouscrumbs Member UncommonPosts: 169
    - OFF TOPIC WARNING -

How did Chris Roberts managed to get Sandi ?
    She is quite hot!  <3  :p

Well, most women care way more about money and power than looks.

And before anyone tries to protest, it's a verifiable scientific fact. Journal of Evolution and Human Behavior reported on it a couple years back.

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    If the sources were real and vetted then it's covered under freedom of speech. If they were fabricated (which CIG is implying and there is some evidence to support), then it's not covered and they can sue.

Only way to know for sure is for CIG to go through with the lawsuit and make the findings public.
    Yeah, if they are 'real', then the liability shifts to the employees that made the claims (if proven to be false claims). This whole thing is still a dent in The Escapist's reputation.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Bloodaxes said:
    Distopia said:

To me it comes down to whether the guy is a pure dreamer, a swindler, or some measure of both.

Who knows in the end, I guess at some point we'll find out. All I know at this point is there are plenty of questions yet very little in the way of answers.
    This happened to Freelancer too. (Check wikipedia)

It's like history repeating itself.
    Believe me I'm aware, it was repeatedly presented as a case study during the last media frenzy over SC.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited October 2015
    Listening to people defending a guy they don't know and believing things he tells them over the internet reminds me of this song. lol

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    No company in the world will ever show the public their books unless they are legally required to. 
    You may be a backer, but you are not a stockholder, and as such, they have no responsibility to treat you as one, so you can forget quarterly stockholder reports or anything like that. 
    People are making a huge fuss over the exact same thing that every other company does and is completely legal, and all because an arrogant troll with talent in Demagoguery is rabble-rousing.  If there were any actual proof of wrong doing, they should be trying to pull in the cops and regulators, not stirring up the forums, that's not justice, that's trolling.

Does this mean I think everything is going great at RSI? No, never said anything like that as I've always been a bit leery of them and their business sense, even though I like their games. But that's not a reason start screaming the sky is falling. Unlike some game kickstarters, greed monger for instance, they are working on their game, even if we don't have a lot of info. As to people that got fired whining about the company they got dumped from, that's pretty normal, especially when you thought it was a rockstar gig and you get cut before the opening. More than one ego got kicked to the curb. 

So take all stuff said by or about Star Citizen, good or bad, with a grain of salt, and at least a pound of salt if it's by Derek or his zomboids.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Erillion said:
    Who the hell hires your wife in that position? 
    The one who has a wife who supported him when no publisher wanted to touch the project with a 10 foot pole. The one who has a wife who came up with a new marketing plan that ultimately brought in 90 million dollar.

Have fun
    His wife did not come up with a marketing plan. She is a failed actress nothing more. They partnered with Turbulent which already had a plan like that and the technology to make it happen and is now selling it as a Product all financed by the Backers.

The Montreal office is a partnership with Turbulent, a web developer for Star Citizen's back-end architecture.[39]
    That's a shame, all this time I thought she was the mastermind behind the thousand dollar ships. 
    edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    Listening to people defending a guy they don't know and believing things he tells them over the internet reminds me of this song. lol

Most of this isn't even about defending him though, it's simply stating reality, this could go down any way, has anyone outright said he did no wrong? I've yet to see that, however legally all of this is a different issue, as he is innocent until proven guilty. All of this has to be proven, regardless of guilt.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
     That video could also be used for those who seem to care about what others (of whom they also know nothing) believe or disbelieve from other people neither party personally knows, about a topic and/or person that has absolutely no interest(vested or otherwise) to the first party. 
    Strange how life works, isn't it?!  ;)
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
     That video could also be used for those who seem to care about what others (of whom they also know nothing) believe or disbelieve from other people neither party personally knows, about a topic and/or person that has absolutely no interest(vested or otherwise) to the first party. 
    Strange how life works, isn't it?!  ;)
    I think that as well.  I'm thinking the Escapist have something with that video and this was their way of saying... try to sue us.  We dare you.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    BMBender said:
    I think the Escapist is in some pretty deep shit on this one.  I'm enjoying how the narrative is beginning to swing back in the other direction as the new information spreads:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/04/star-citizen-developer-threatens-lawsuit-against-the-escapist-demands-apology-and-retraction/

We'll know in about 12 hrs if the article is still up they don't agree.  And a bluff is called.  If it's not they fold(possibly literally).
    Wait, so CR went from inviting The Escapist into the studio for a tour (to clear up the claims) to threatening them with a lawsuit in the same day?   O.o

/facepalm

edited October 2015
    Distopia said:
    AnnaTS said:

Most of this isn't even about defending him though, it's simply stating reality, this could go down any way, has anyone outright said he did no wrong? I've yet to see that, however legally all of this is a different issue, as he is innocent until proven guilty. All of this has to be proven, regardless of guilt.
    That is why until i see concrete evidence my view will stay the same and i just can't understand how someone can just trust a guy 100% when they don't even know him. People can say he is not obligated to let the donators know the finances are still healthy but people gave the money in good faith he could show some back.

I think it is strange how kickstarter works but people have given so much money to a guy to make a game which then he will profit from, i don't think it's unreasonable that people want to know that none of the money hasn't been wasted, they gave money to make a game nothing else.

I said in another post he could stop selling ships that would stop people being  suspicious about funds being low, are people going to tell me they still need to sell ships, if so then that would tell me they need more money, sorry is 90 million not enough ?
    BMBender said:
    I think the Escapist is in some pretty deep shit on this one.  I'm enjoying how the narrative is beginning to swing back in the other direction as the new information spreads:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/04/star-citizen-developer-threatens-lawsuit-against-the-escapist-demands-apology-and-retraction/

We'll know in about 12 hrs if the article is still up they don't agree.  And a bluff is called.  If it's not they fold(possibly literally).
    Wait, so CR went from inviting The Escapist into the studio for a tour (to clear up the claims) to threatening them with a lawsuit in the same day?   O.o

/facepalm
    Exactly.  CR's house of cards is about to fall.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I just think it's ironic they're threatening to go after The Escapist, but not Derek Smart.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

AnnaTS said:
     is 90 million not enough ? 
    Exactly and transparency is not an uncommon thing to ask for in a CROWD FUNDED game.  In personal investment sure that's almost hidden.  But most crowd funded projects are pretty open.  Look at CU or Crowfall as two excellent examples.
    As I mentioned on the other thread.

Who the hell invites someone into their studio and threatens them with a lawsuit in the same damn day?

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

Who the hell invites someone into their studio and threatens them with a lawsuit in the same damn day?

They waited 2 days, totally different

edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    Distopia said:
    AnnaTS said:

That is why until i see concrete evidence my view will stay the same and i just can't understand how someone can just trust a guy 100% when they don't even know him. People can say he is not obligated to let the donators know the finances are still healthy but people gave the money in good faith he could show some back.

I think it is strange how kickstarter works but people have given so much money to a guy to make a game which then he will profit from, i don't think it's unreasonable that people want to know that none of the money hasn't been wasted, they gave money to make a game nothing else.

I said in another post he could stop selling ships that would stop people being  suspicious about funds being low, are people going to tell me they still need to sell ships, if so then that would tell me they need more money, sorry is 90 million not enough ?
    Or alternatively people could stop being so bone headedly stupid with their money. Though of course since it is THEIR money its their choice what they do with it.
    I know if someone i had told me years ago that people would be giving their money to people so they could profit from it but all the people who gave money to the person got was to play a game and they didn't know what the quality will be like i would say you are crazy.
    AnnaTS said:
    Distopia said:
    AnnaTS said:

That is why until i see concrete evidence my view will stay the same and i just can't understand how someone can just trust a guy 100% when they don't even know him. People can he is not obligated to let the donators know the finances are still healthy but people gave the money in good faith he could show some back.

I think it is stange how kickstarter works but people have given so much money to a guy to make a game which then he will profit from, i don't think it's unreasonable that people want to know that none of the money hasn't been wasted, they gave money to make a game nothing else.

I don't disagree with anything you said, I  agree it would be an act of good will for him to show everyone everything.. Yet I don't think for a second that will happen, game or no game, money or no money. I can't imagine any company opening their books publicly for any reason when they don't have to.

AT the end of the day, we can only do so much as forum posters, most of us (on both sides) aren't even backers, hence why I'm not sure why we're getting up in arms in response to each other, we have nothing at stake.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited October 2015
    AnnaTS said:
    Distopia said:
    AnnaTS said:

That is why until i see concrete evidence my view will stay the same and i just can't understand how someone can just trust a guy 100% when they don't even know him. People can he is not obligated to let the donators know the finances are still healthy but people gave the money in good faith he could show some back.

I think it is stange how kickstarter works but people have given so much money to a guy to make a game which then he will profit from, i don't think it's unreasonable that people want to know that none of the money hasn't been wasted, they gave money to make a game nothing else.

What does trust have to do with any of this? 

I have one avenger alpha package pledge and one herald lti pledge.  The money I use in any kickstarters or pledges of any kind for any videogames including early start or founder packages are essentially money I have that I can afford to flush down the toilet for leisure. 

These packages are very very rarely worth the cost and more a way to support a game in the hopes it will be good or because it has XYZ bling I am willing to throw cash at to acquire.  With SC I have seen some people have far more "pocket change" to chuck than I ever will ......mais tant pis, c'est la vie!

Trust isn't required in such situations furthermore whether we trust either CR or not is irrelevant as it could go either way really.

Dunno but I don't know any companies where it's employers/founders etc will not "profit" from the cash in some form or other.   Why would a company refuse to garner more cash if it is readily possible?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    BMBender said:

/facepalm

Actually, if you lay it out in the order of events that invitation was in the letter he sent back to them in response to their article (before it was published) within that 24-hr time frame. So, temporally, he was offering them that BEFORE their article published.

I'm not sure why this is hard to figure out...
    BMBender said:

They waited 2 days, totally different
    My timeline must be wrong then.  Still, seems like a schitzophrenic response.

Warley said:
    BMBender said:

/facepalm

Actually, if you lay it out in the order of events that invitation was in the letter he sent back to them in response to their article (before it was published) within that 24-hr time frame. So, temporally, he was offering them that BEFORE their article published.

My timeline was off on the lawsuit threat.  Regardless, you offer them a tour of the studio, and then threaten lawsuit a few days later.  It's quite the schitzophrenic response coming from a business.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Warley said:
    ROFL!!!

This is something Derek Smart would do.  It's so awesome!  They better be careful what they wish for, because if this ever hits a real court room Chris Roberts may have to open the books and reveal the state of his company and game.  Ask Barbra Streisand what happens when you bring too much unwanted and unintended attention to yourself.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

edited October 2015
    Asm0deus said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Distopia said:
    AnnaTS said:

What does trust have to do with any of this? 

I have one avenger alpha package pledge and one herald lti pledge.  The money I use in any kickstarters or pledges of any kind for any videogames including early start or founder packages are essentially money I have that I can afford to flush down the toilet for leisure. 

These packages are very very rarely worth the cost and more a way to support a game in the hopes it will be good or because it has XYZ bling I am willing to throw cash at to acquire.  With SC I have seen some people have far more "pocket change" to chuck than I ever will ......mais tant pis, c'est la vie!

Trust isn't required in such situations furthermore whether we trust either CR or not is irrelevant as it could go either way really.

Dunno but I don't know any companies where it's employers/founders etc will not "profit" from the cash in some form or other.   Why would a company refuse to garner more cash if it is readily possible?

What has trust got to do with any of this ?

Really are you serious you may have money you don't miss but doesn't mean everyone does, like i said people gave money in good faith so that tells me that they have put some trust in chris roberts to deliver a game, which has raised more money than it should originally cost and is already late.

How much flying time have you had ?  when is the alpha ?  

I ask because someone says there is an alpha even though it's not techincally the alpha.
  • sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788
    Warley said:
    BMBender said:

/facepalm

My timeline was off on the lawsuit threat.  Regardless, you offer them a tour of the studio, and then threaten lawsuit a few days later.  It's quite the schitzophrenic response coming from a business.
    Not at all. The article which has allegations of federal/state crimes for their HR department was not yet published. Do you really think after something like that went live they would still want them to come to their studio? Its a complete change in the dynamic of the events, obviously there stance would change.