Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Taken King - TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Taken King - TheHiveLeader

TheHiveLeader took a stroll through Destiny

Read the full story here

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    I have no words. Spot on
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Nice review with laughs as always Hive, great job!! :D

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Spot on! The new raid is... amazing. Like, seriously amazing. But you should also find a group to go back and do Vault of Glass and Crota's End. And before "but there is not matchmaking for raids!?" Remember that thing people say they love about MMOs? Community? Destiny has a GREAT one. Check out reddit. Look up the 100. Find your way to LFraid or /fireteams subreddit. Better yet - convince your friends to play! Destiny has an amazing community built around the game, why? Because they HAVEN'T catered to the lowest common denominator, and they haven't given in to all of the whining for Raid matchmaking. So people who want to find other people to do content actually have to, you know, engage with the community and not be huge douche bags! Yeah, you actually have to like - talk to people. It's amazing! Community! WIN!
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    heerobya said:
    Spot on! The new raid is... amazing. Like, seriously amazing. But you should also find a group to go back and do Vault of Glass and Crota's End. And before "but there is not matchmaking for raids!?" Remember that thing people say they love about MMOs? Community? Destiny has a GREAT one. Check out reddit. Look up the 100. Find your way to LFraid or /fireteams subreddit. Better yet - convince your friends to play! Destiny has an amazing community built around the game, why? Because they HAVEN'T catered to the lowest common denominator, and they haven't given in to all of the whining for Raid matchmaking. So people who want to find other people to do content actually have to, you know, engage with the community and not be huge douche bags! Yeah, you actually have to like - talk to people. It's amazing! Community! WIN!
    I will say that the Destiny community that I've come across is awesome.
  • Drac14Drac14 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited October 2015
    Destiny is the first (mmo) game I've gotten to max lvl in. I usually get too bored with the typical mmo grind. Sure, the story is extremely disjointed but meh, it's incredibly fun. I quite enjoy the gear grind. The max level stuff is very fun and challenging as well (prison of elders, heroic strikes, raids) and all the new PVP modes. Lots to keep you busy.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Great expansion and game, I second the community aswell.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Mmorpg need to hire thehiveleader full time.

He's the man.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Yet still no pc....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    Viper482 said:
    Yet still no pc....
    That's ok it's not "old school" enough or f2p enough and no way for the "whales" to play...did I get all the hot topics in there?  

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Never played Destiny. Hoping it eventually comes to PC. As for the review; as always I loved the irreverent humor! Keep up the good work, THL.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    maybe ill play it when it goes free,its pretty average! halo and borderlands were mush better games.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Raquis said:
    maybe ill play it when it goes free,its pretty average! halo and borderlands were mush better games.
    It's buy to play, it'll never go free.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    BUNGIE! PC or GTFO!
  • NukeGamerNukeGamer Member, AMA Guest UncommonPosts: 309
    hfztt said:
    BUNGIE! PC or GTFO!
    Why?  20 million people have played it on the consoles why should they gtfo because it's not on the PC?  
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    NukeGamer said:
    hfztt said:
    BUNGIE! PC or GTFO!
    Why?  20 million people have played it on the consoles why should they gtfo because it's not on the PC?  

With Bungie's track record itll come to PC in 2020 lol.

That said, I second Nuke...who the hell cares?  A great game is a great game on any platform.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    NukeGamer said:
    Viper482 said:
    Yet still no pc....
    That's ok it's not "old school" enough or f2p enough and no way for the "whales" to play...did I get all the hot topics in there?  

You may well have - although Viper482 could simply be wishing it will come to PC. In one sense however Destiny is very old school: it doesn't have a "group finder" which have been around for over 10 years now. You have to o things "the old way". And - in the face of a pretty massive "Destiny sucks because it has no group finder" - Bungie have stuck to their design decision.

And then you look on e.g. WoW's forums and see multiple pugs suck / people afk / people rush through / I was kicked just for being a hunter and you think maybe Bungie got it right.
  • GodsfleshGodsflesh Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Except the same thing happens on Destiny, LFraid or /fireteams etc... are all just forums to get into a pug. If your pug sucks, people quit, people go afk. People certainly rush through the raids. Kicked for being a certain class, kicked for not have this weapon or that. I played destiny all the time was able to do everything BUT the raids, everything, and I tried to get into raids all the time, I joined various clans, chats, forums, etc.. all to get into the raids. Did I go on a few sure, it sucked. There was never hey lets take our time , and explain anything, its lets get through this asap so we can go do other stuff. I sure the raids are great if you can get a group to do them... but since I was never able to them in any meaning amount, the raids sucked, and Destiny was overall a let down (the other DLCs were as well). Not getting the TTK, is really just more of the same in a different package.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Godsflesh said:
    Except the same thing happens on Destiny, LFraid or /fireteams etc... are all just forums to get into a pug. If your pug sucks, people quit, people go afk. People certainly rush through the raids. Kicked for being a certain class, kicked for not have this weapon or that. I played destiny all the time was able to do everything BUT the raids, everything, and I tried to get into raids all the time, I joined various clans, chats, forums, etc.. all to get into the raids. Did I go on a few sure, it sucked. There was never hey lets take our time , and explain anything, its lets get through this asap so we can go do other stuff. I sure the raids are great if you can get a group to do them... but since I was never able to them in any meaning amount, the raids sucked, and Destiny was overall a let down (the other DLCs were as well). Not getting the TTK, is really just more of the same in a different package.
    Destiny isn't really about PUG's etc. Its a game you play with a couple of your RL friends, and is probably best enjoyed that way. If you don't have any RL friends playing the game, then chances are you won't really get the full experience of the game.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Best MMOFPS on the market and keeps getting better. If I was not gonna pick up Halo 5 in a couple of weeks I would have gotten The Taken King. I will get it next year though.