OpenCritic Seeks to 'Shake Up' Game Review Aggregation -

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 25,833
edited September 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageOpenCritic Seeks to 'Shake Up' Game Review Aggregation -

A new review aggregation site has launched today called OpenCritic. The stated goal of the team behind the site is that it seeks to "shake up game review aggregation" in a number of ways, most notably through transparency. Users can create a list of "trusted review" sites and receive personalized aggregate review scores based on those sites alone.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    edited September 2015
    It is good to see a story about this.We have a lot of issues when it comes to review scores, from small and large sites alike. Having something around in an attempt to try and weed out corruption and being transparent in its operation is a real nice thing to help build consumer confidence and hopefully prevent people from being mislead on titles that reviews might be receiving financial backings of or reviews done from those who are friends with the creator.
    Post edited by Purutzil on
  • NitthNitth AustraliaMember UncommonPosts: 3,903
    "Users can create a list of "trusted review" sites and receive personalized aggregate review scores based on those sites alone." Doesn't help if those sites are payed off in the first place or promoting themselves through this system.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 13,113
    Well i clicked to get here thinking i would read something but then asked to click again directly to a page that looks like a lot of advertising.Lost interest right away. How this would be any different than reviews scores anywhere else is baffling,it would be a meaningless site like all the rest,i make my own judgment on games, i don't need any website to tell me what games are good or bad. The internet is an amazing place,just start up some controversial topic and get tons of hits..lol.
    Nitth said:
    "Users can create a list of "trusted review" sites and receive personalized aggregate review scores based on those sites alone." Doesn't help if those sites are payed off in the first place or promoting themselves through this system.
    Of course they are all paid off and like always likely tied into Twitter and Facebook and You Tube and whatever else.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,976
    Metacritic is just fine.