Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics compared to FFXIV?

SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
I pvp mainly on ffxiv, and was wondering how the graphics compare since the games are sorta similar in age?  Also I hear that the combat is also much faster, which seems like it would be more of a reason to switch to this game because it focuses more on pvp, and I hear it is fluid.

Graphics is not the end all be all for me, I just wanted some input from ppl who have played both so I can know what to expect before I make a purchase.

Thanks. ^^

Comments

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

For things like castles, stone, brickwork, man-made structures, armor, metal, etc I give to FFXIV. Environment, natural objects (trees, mountains, oceans, sand, rock formations) I give to Blade and Soul. FFXIV's environments look terrible. The one that comes to mind is that zone with the clouds and also the zone Dragon hinterlands, or something like that in the expansion. They look super super artificial and so do trees/plantlife. Spell/skill effects are about the same. Characters and faces are about the same as well. Hair goes to FFXIV, it's more realistic.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    JDis25 said:

For things like castles, stone, brickwork, man-made structures, armor, metal, etc I give to FFXIV. Environment, natural objects (trees, mountains, oceans, sand, rock formations) I give to Blade and Soul. FFXIV's environments look terrible. The one that comes to mind is that zone with the clouds and also the zone Dragon hinterlands, or something like that in the expansion. They look super super artificial and so do trees/plantlife. Spell/skill effects are about the same. Characters and faces are about the same as well. Hair goes to FFXIV, it's more realistic.

thanks, this helps a lot ^^, can't wait to play!
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    I dont understand :( Why compare Graphics and why mainly pvp on ffxiv (its an PvE for 90% and 10% pvp)

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Dragnelus said:
    I dont understand :( Why compare Graphics and why mainly pvp on ffxiv (its an PvE for 90% and 10% pvp)
    You don't have to understand.  These are just things the OP looks for in games.  You're welcome.